Justin Fields Transfer to OSU

Page 2 of Rumors floating around that Justin Fields Freshmen QB for Georgia is looking to transfer. For those that don... 196 comments | 10688 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I know this is not just an SEC football thing, but the fact a school can block where another kid wants to attend college is criminal. I feel for kids because they are unrepresented. I have always felt this practice should be challenged in the courts.
    It’s not just an SEC thing, but the SEC definitely is the one that practices it the most. I agree, it’s absolutely criminal.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    There is some talk that Fields may have a case for immediate eligibility if he transfer. No idea what his case is though. But the family has hired the same attorney that was able to give Shea Patterson immediate eligibility at Michigan this year.

  3. #18
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    There is some talk that Fields may have a case for immediate eligibility if he transfer. No idea what his case is though. But the family has hired the same attorney that was able to give Shea Patterson immediate eligibility at Michigan this year.
    Only possible explanation I could see is Fields and his attorney using the video of the UGA baseball player saying a racially derogatory word about Fields. The baseball player said yelled the word during a game when Jake Fromm wasn’t playing poorly and the player yelled, “put Fields in”. Instead of Fields, the player used the racial slur. I’m not sure if this is a strong enough case to garner immediate eligibility, but it’s worth a shot in Fields case.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,308

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Can't blame Fields at all for wanting to give himself the best opportunity to excel at this level and the next. Assuming Fromme doesn't get hurt, he is looking at two additional years of riding the pine.
    Assuming Fromm doesn't get hurt. Wouldn't Fields only have one more year of not really playing? Just like he would have if he transferred? As long as Fromm doesn't get hurt, Fromm will be probably a top 5 pick in the 2020 draft.

  5. #20
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Assuming Fromm doesn't get hurt. Wouldn't Fields only have one more year of not really playing? Just like he would have if he transferred? As long as Fromm doesn't get hurt, Fromm will be probably a top 5 pick in the 2020 draft.
    The rumor is he’s applying for immediate eligibility. Playing behind Fromm may not be his only issue with Georgia though.

  6. #21
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,762

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Id narrow the list to these 5 schools based on reports and Fields relationships:
    - Florida State (listed in report)
    - Oklahoma (listed in report and has had two straight transfers win Heisman trophy)
    - Ohio State (listed in report and has same QB coach as Haskins)
    - Penn State (previously committed)
    - Miami (Pretty good relationship with Jadon Haselwood 5 Star 2019 WR who is deciding between UGA and Miami)
    QB coach, said if he had a son he would want him to play for Ryan Day.

  7. #22
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    QB coach, said if he had a son he would want him to play for Ryan Day.
    Quincy Avery, Haskins, and Fields are tight. No doubt he sees the development from Haskins since being under Days tutelage. Hopefully that’s enough to get Fields to Columbus. He’s Terrelle Pryor 2.0.

  8. #23
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,762

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Quincy Avery, Haskins, and Fields are tight. No doubt he sees the development from Haskins since being under Days tutelage. Hopefully that’s enough to get Fields to Columbus. He’s Terrelle Pryor 2.0.
    He’s not as big as TP, I see more Deshaun but that’s first world problems lol.

    Sources: Ohio State is the front-runner to land Georgia quarterback Justin Fields. Ryan Day is a primary reason for the former five-star's interest in the Buckeyes.

    Still seems like a stretch to land him.

  9. #24
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,762

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    You sure about that?

    Signed,
    Louisville
    You needed Brohm for that kinda pull. Gotta stick with Puma.

  10. #25
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    He’s not as big as TP, I see more Deshaun but that’s first world problems lol.

    Sources: Ohio State is the front-runner to land Georgia quarterback Justin Fields. Ryan Day is a primary reason for the former five-star's interest in the Buckeyes.

    Still seems like a stretch to land him.
    I agree it’s a stretch at this point. He’ll take all his visits no doubt and may very well end up at a school no one is even talking about right now. Oklahoma makes the most sense for him personally. Murray is gone and that offense suits his skill set perfectly.

  11. #26
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,254

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    He’s not as big as TP, I see more Deshaun but that’s first world problems lol.

    Sources: Ohio State is the front-runner to land Georgia quarterback Justin Fields. Ryan Day is a primary reason for the former five-star's interest in the Buckeyes.

    Still seems like a stretch to land him.
    If he goes to OSU, does that mean the kid from QB1 would probably leave?

  12. #27
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    If he goes to OSU, does that mean the kid from QB1 would probably leave?
    Depends on whether or not Fields is granted his waiver and is able to play immediately. If Fields can play immediately then I would imagine him and Tate will battle it out in camp and if Fields wins Tate will likely transfer. I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion Fields will beat out Tate though. If Fields doesn’t get his waiver is where it will get interesting. Tate will be the clear cut starter going into next year, if he plays well like I anticipate he will, I don’t see what Fields could do to overtake him the following year. It’s certainly a problem I would gladly accept. This is obviously based on the assumption Haskins goes to the NFL.

  13. #28
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,254

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Depends on whether or not Fields is granted his waiver and is able to play immediately. If Fields can play immediately then I would imagine him and Tate will battle it out in camp and if Fields wins Tate will likely transfer. I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion Fields will beat out Tate though. If Fields doesn’t get his waiver is where it will get interesting. Tate will be the clear cut starter going into next year, if he plays well like I anticipate he will, I don’t see what Fields could do to overtake him the following year. It’s certainly a problem I would gladly accept. This is obviously based on the assumption Haskins goes to the NFL.
    That's why OSU doesn't make sense to me for him. He needs to go where he is a near lock to be "The Man." Why take a chance and sit behind Martel for 2 years?

  14. #29
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,084

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    That's why OSU doesn't make sense to me for him. He needs to go where he is a near lock to be "The Man." Why take a chance and sit behind Martel for 2 years?
    Fields is an elite talent. He wants to go somewhere that he can win a championship and make it to the next level. I’m not sure of any school that matches that criteria that Fields could walk right in to and be the man.

  15. #30
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,254

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Fields is an elite talent. He wants to go somewhere that he can win a championship and make it to the next level. I’m not sure of any school that matches that criteria that Fields could walk right in to and be the man.
    I think playing and putting up numbers is secondary to competing for a title.

Top