Jalen Hurts Transfer?

Page 3 of If You Think Jalen Hurts Is Just Giving Up on '''Bama, You Clearly Don'''t Know Him | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlig... 49 comments | 10000 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    952

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    After Jones’ performance is there question about whether Jalen isn’t even the 2nd best QB on the roster? I think that’s probably a bit of a stretch, but from a pure passing standpoint and not a leadership perspective I think the case can be made that Hurts is the 3rd guy.
    I didn't get a chance to watch it all but what I saw wasn't good. Jalen did go against the 1st team defense so at least that can be an excuse. Jones will have to get ready, Hurts and Tua won't both be on this roster come fall football time.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch it all but what I saw wasn't good. Jalen did go against the 1st team defense so at least that can be an excuse. Jones will have to get ready, Hurts and Tua won't both be on this roster come fall football time.
    Agree that both will not be on roster for Louisville game.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    For a running/defense type of team Alabama sure gets it's share of very good QB's. Jones looked very good although I would like to have seen him go against the first team defense to get a better feel of what he can accomplish. And now Tua's younger brother has committed.

  4. #34
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,190

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch it all but what I saw wasn't good. Jalen did go against the 1st team defense so at least that can be an excuse. Jones will have to get ready, Hurts and Tua won't both be on this roster come fall football time.
    Whats up with Tua? Why won't he be there?

  5. #35
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Whats up with Tua? Why won't he be there?
    He’s saying that only one of them will be on the roster come fall.

  6. #36
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,190

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    He’s saying that only one of them will be on the roster come fall.
    Gotcha. See that now after rereading it.

  7. #37
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,480

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Not drinking any Kool-Aid. I was stating the culture. They are happy with 8-4. Not underestimating Chip Kelly. He did a great job at Oregon.
    They may be happy with 8-4 or 9-3. The question is will Chip Kelly be happy with that? Because I don't think it will be that hard for him to get to 8-4. Do you think that will satisfy him and he won't keep pushing?

  8. #38
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    They may be happy with 8-4 or 9-3. The question is will Chip Kelly be happy with that? Because I don't think it will be that hard for him to get to 8-4. Do you think that will satisfy him and he won't keep pushing?
    Joe

    Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Joe

    Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.
    I would think given Kelly's history that the fan expectations and culture will take a dramatic turn.

  10. #40
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,480

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Joe

    Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.
    Then if he is as driven as he was at Oregon there's no reason he can't get UCLA to the top of the PAC12. He's got the ability, recruiting base and facilities.

  11. #41
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Then if he is as driven as he was at Oregon there's no reason he can't get UCLA to the top of the PAC12. He's got the ability, recruiting base and facilities.
    We'll see.

  12. #42
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    I would think given Kelly's history that the fan expectations and culture will take a dramatic turn.
    Doubt it, but, we'll see.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    703

    Did anyone else read that article and think while his dad did say he "messed" up that it came off as an attempted power play with the free agent comment? If so I doubt seriously that threatening to transfer from Alabama will make Nick Saban lose much sleep.

  14. #44
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by Pi View Post
    Did anyone else read that article and think while his dad did say he "messed" up that it came off as an attempted power play with the free agent comment? If so I doubt seriously that threatening to transfer from Alabama will make Nick Saban lose much sleep.
    I’m not sure Saban would lose much sleep over it because Tua appears to be the superior QB in most people’s eyes.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    There hasn't been a player yet who Saban would lose sleep over his transferring.

Top