Jalen Hurts Transfer?

Page 2 of If You Think Jalen Hurts Is Just Giving Up on '''Bama, You Clearly Don'''t Know Him | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlig... 49 comments | 10000 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I think Chip will get it figured out quick and there is more than enough to go around out west. Chip could step out of his office and could throw a rock and hit a 5 Star player.
    There is enough talent in California. UCLA can be a consistent 8-4 or 9-3.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    There is enough talent in California. UCLA can be a consistent 8-4 or 9-3.
    UCLA should be the 3rd best team in the PAC 12 this year IMO. I get you’re a USC guy, but I think you’re underestimating Chip Kelly as a coach. He was one of the 5 best college football coaches in the country before he left for the NFL.

  3. #18
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    UCLA should be the 3rd best team in the PAC 12 this year IMO. I get you’re a USC guy, but I think you’re underestimating Chip Kelly as a coach. He was one of the 5 best college football coaches in the country before he left for the NFL.
    Not underestimating Chip Kelly, it is the UCLA culture. They are happy with 8-4. That gets you fired at USC, Ohio St, Alabama, or Georgia.

  4. #19
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Not underestimating Chip Kelly, it is the UCLA culture. They are happy with 8-4. That gets you fired at USC, Ohio St, Alabama, or Georgia.
    How exactly would you describe the Oregon culture pre- Chip Kelly? Clemson culture pre Dabo Swinney?

  5. #20
    CollegefootballGuy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,230

    Not a good day for Jalen.

  6. #21
    CollegefootballGuy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,230

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Not underestimating Chip Kelly, it is the UCLA culture. They are happy with 8-4. That gets you fired at USC, Ohio St, Alabama, or Georgia.
    UCLA is loaded at quarterback.

  7. #22
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Not a good day for Jalen.
    Mac Jones looked pretty good.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    952

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Not underestimating Chip Kelly, it is the UCLA culture. They are happy with 8-4. That gets you fired at USC, Ohio St, Alabama, or Georgia.
    My friend you are drinking too much of the SC Kool-Aid on this one. Chip Kelly is about to give you guys all you want and then some. He is a great recruiter and in 2 to 3 years he will have the Bruins ready for the PAC 12 title.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    952

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    How exactly would you describe the Oregon culture pre- Chip Kelly? Clemson culture pre Dabo Swinney?
    He is in for a rude awakening once Chip gets that thing rolling.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    952

    I think Jalen will transfer. I hope he doesn't, I'm just shocked at his progression at this point.

  11. #26
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    My friend you are drinking too much of the SC Kool-Aid on this one. Chip Kelly is about to give you guys all you want and then some. He is a great recruiter and in 2 to 3 years he will have the Bruins ready for the PAC 12 title.
    Not drinking any Kool-Aid. I was stating the culture. They are happy with 8-4. Not underestimating Chip Kelly. He did a great job at Oregon.

  12. #27
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,563

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I think Jalen will transfer. I hope he doesn't, I'm just shocked at his progression at this point.
    Surprised his downfield passing has not improved.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    952

    Quote Originally Posted by SLINK View Post
    Surprised his downfield passing has not improved.
    Hasn't improved one bit

  14. #29
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    He is in for a rude awakening once Chip gets that thing rolling.
    Absolutely. It’s amazing how quickly people have forgotten how good of a coach he really is. If you can win at Oregon, you sure as hell can win at UCLA.

  15. #30
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I think Jalen will transfer. I hope he doesn't, I'm just shocked at his progression at this point.
    After Jones’ performance is there question about whether Jalen isn’t even the 2nd best QB on the roster? I think that’s probably a bit of a stretch, but from a pure passing standpoint and not a leadership perspective I think the case can be made that Hurts is the 3rd guy.

Top