Florida and USF Agree to Play

  1. #1
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    Florida and USF Agree to Play

    You'd know after I gave up my season tickets...

    2022 in Gainesville
    2023 in Tampa
    2025 in Gainesville

    The 2022 OOC schedule for USF

    Texas in Tampa
    Florda in Gaineville
    Louisville at PJCS
    UMass in Tampa

    Now if they could replace UMass with a Big Ten or PAC 12 opponent that would be choice.

    Still have open dates in 2020 and 2021. I'd love it, if something could be worked out with UK.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    Charlie Strong was on South Carolina's staff at one point, right? They should replace UMass with the Gamecocks and make OOC 2022 complete.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    138,707

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    You'd know after I gave up my season tickets...

    2022 in Gainesville
    2023 in Tampa
    2025 in Gainesville

    The 2022 OOC schedule for USF

    Texas in Tampa
    Florda in Gaineville
    Louisville at PJCS
    UMass in Tampa

    Now if they could replace UMass with a Big Ten or PAC 12 opponent that would be choice.

    Still have open dates in 2020 and 2021. I'd love it, if something could be worked out with UK.
    When I watch the Bulls on TV it always looks like you could buy a single game ticket.

  4. #4
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,266

    That 2022 schedule is STRONG. Can’t believe they’ve scheduled all those.

  5. #5
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    When I watch the Bulls on TV it always looks like you could buy a single game ticket.
    Normally that is the case.

    However, I guarantee that will not be the case if the home game is Florida. If fact, the last time Florida State played here, it was a sellout, though it looked like the place had tons of empty seats. Everybody stayed in the Stadium Clubs because it was so hot.

    This is a bandwagon town. There is no denying it. When USF was in the Big East, they drew 60K a game. The only time they draw, now, is when a major P5 player comes to town.

    The Texas game in 2022 will be a tough ticket. The Wisconsin game, in 2019 will be, too.

  6. #6
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    That 2022 schedule is STRONG. Can’t believe they’ve scheduled all those.
    If it were up to me, all OOC games would be against P5 opponents. If the conference is to get no respect, go get what respect you can. Any place, any time, should be the program motto.

  7. #7
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    I am totally surprised Florida scheduled USF at all. They have been avoiding that for years. It makes sense from their point of view. They gain nothing if they win and can take a big hit in the rankings if they lose.

    In fact, Florida only schedules Florida State, because they have to. Given that exception, they normally never play an OOC game away from The Swamp. Last year's opener was a one off. Therefore, the visit to Tampa in 2023 is kind of a shocker, though it will basically be a home game.

    It shows the respect Coach Strong garners.

  8. #8
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,266

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    If it were up to me, all OOC games would be against P5 opponents. If the conference is to get no respect, go get what respect you can. Any place, any time, should be the program motto.
    Should have phrased that differently. I'm not shocked that USF wants them, I'm shocked UF and FSU agreed to them. Most of the big dogs have been angling away from major out of conference matchups that don't involve another marquee opponent at a neutral site in prime time.

  9. #9
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,155

    They've got a theme for the series from the "Daily Stampede".

    @USFFootball takes on @gatorsFB in The Battle For Cafe Risqué in the War on I-75 Sponsored by That Broken Down Sedan on 75 That’s Slowing Everything Down.


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    145

    Central Florida is the team to play.

Top