Final CFP Rankings

Page 6 of 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. Oklahoma 5. Georgia 6. Ohio State... 126 comments | 2882 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    They probably got it right, although Georgia and Ohio St. are better teams than Notre Dame and Oklahoma in my opinion.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,726

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    I feel like if you want Georgia in we have to think about WSU and Michigan too. LSU was not a great team and woodsheded Georgia. UGA gets a jump on Bama playing poorly and canít finish the game. They have no business playing in playoff. I could understand if they had one loss or won their conference but they accomplished neither.
    You can make an argument for just about anyone. Washington State and Michigan both played in weaker conferences. It is what it is. The only reason either conference(Big10 or PAC) made moves up the rankings is attrition. When the top teams are in the SEC and beat up on each other throughout the season someone is going to move up and fill the void for the ranked SEC team. It is what it is.

    Gotta love bowl season though, it's a chance for schools to show they belonged. But ya just never know.

  3. #78
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,045

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Before the year Notre Dame had a pretty tough schedule. Turns out every team on their schedule drastically underachieved. I think most years they would have had a loss on their schedule with this schedule. Just because the stars aligned for them this year doesnít mean itís a fool proof strategy. They have zero margin for error. SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12 Champs all have the luxury of having a 1 loss champ making the playoffs most years. 1 loss Notre Dame is probably never getting in.
    The reverse of this would be if Stanford, FSU and USC had normal years ,ND may of had room for 1 loss because of SOS.

  4. #79
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    You can make an argument for just about anyone. Washington State and Michigan both played in weaker conferences. It is what it is. The only reason either conference(Big10 or PAC) made moves up the rankings is attrition. When the top teams are in the SEC and beat up on each other throughout the season someone is going to move up and fill the void for the ranked SEC team. It is what it is.

    Gotta love bowl season though, it's a chance for schools to show they belonged. But ya just never know.
    The ACC is the worst conference in college football in 2018. Change my mind.

  5. #80
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    The reverse of this would be if Stanford, FSU and USC had normal years ,ND may of had room for 1 loss because of SOS.
    That’s fair. If those schools had normal years, ND certainly would have had a loss IMO. If that loss came against USC week 13 they probably would have been out. Had it come early in the season to Stanford and they may have a chance. Even if those teams had normal years and ND went 11-1 I think they are behind Georgia and Ohio State.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,726

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The ACC is the worst conference in college football in 2018. Change my mind.
    I don't have to.

    Clemson went undefeated and won a game at Texas A&M which has proven very hard to do. No it wasn't pretty and I do think Clemson is rather unproven but they didn't lose to any team they shouldn't have.

    So what's the argument?

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,726

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Auburn has 5 losses. No not a big game.
    Beat Washington and beat A&M. They don't really have a bad loss besides Tennessee, if you can't to call it that......

    If a team plays good teams, they may lose. Doesn't mean they aren't good.

    Now tell me about a 5-6 ranked team in the BIG10 that has solid wins in and out of conference. I will grab a drink while I wait......

  8. #83
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    ďI've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,398

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Before the year Notre Dame had a pretty tough schedule. Turns out every team on their schedule drastically underachieved. I think most years they would have had a loss on their schedule with this schedule. Just because the stars aligned for them this year doesn’t mean it’s a fool proof strategy. They have zero margin for error. SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12 Champs all have the luxury of having a 1 loss champ making the playoffs most years. 1 loss Notre Dame is probably never getting in.
    Sounds like you just made a case for ND belonging more than any 1 loss conference champion.

  9. #84
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    I don't have to.

    Clemson went undefeated and won a game at Texas A&M which has proven very hard to do. No it wasn't pretty and I do think Clemson is rather unproven but they didn't lose to any team they shouldn't have.

    So what's the argument?
    Clemson is a great team. Who else is any good?

  10. #85
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Sounds like you just made a case for ND belonging more than any 1 loss conference champion.
    As long as both have 1 loss, they will never get in over a conference champ.

  11. #86
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Beat Washington and beat A&M. They don't really have a bad loss besides Tennessee, if you can't to call it that......

    If a team plays good teams, they may lose. Doesn't mean they aren't good.

    Now tell me about a 5-6 ranked team in the BIG10 that has solid wins in and out of conference. I will grab a drink while I wait......
    Auburn wasn’t a big game. Period.

  12. #87
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,683

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Clemson is a great team. Who else is any good?
    Come on bro... OSU doesn't get in so now nobody is any good? Just stop.

  13. #88
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,151

    It's truly remarkable how quickly the narrative has changed to fit the agenda for some. Just last week Alabama was untouchable and amazing. Now they want no part of a team that got boat-raced by Purdue?

  14. #89
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,151

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Come on bro... OSU doesn't get in so now nobody is any good? Just stop.
    Exactly.

    Clemson, Bama, and ND absolutely are good-great teams. They've done everything asked of them.

    The only real debate is between 3 flawed teams for the right to get embarrassed by Saban. Doesn't seem like much of a debate to me.

  15. #90
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Come on bro... OSU doesn't get in so now nobody is any good? Just stop.
    I’m serious. Who is the second best team in the ACC? It had a really bad year. FSU, VT, UL, and Miami were all horrible. That’s the class of the conference besides Clemson and only 2 of them made a bowl game. The ACC was disgustingly bad this year. When you compare it to the PAC 12 obviously Clemson gets the nod over Washington, but give me Wazzu and Utah over what ever non-Clemson teams you want to throw up there. It was a bad year for the ACC and there is no way around it.

Top