David Fulcher no longer the head coach at Cincinnati Christian

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,868

    David Fulcher no longer the head coach at Cincinnati Christian

    Looks like Fulcher quit yesterday due to "differences that couldn't be resolved". I know they were winless in their first two seasons. Wonder what exactly led him to quitting.

    David Fulcher out as head football coach at CCU - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,201

    Thats a shame.

  3. #3
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,389

    I think that school might by gone in the next five years anyway.

  4. #4
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    7,906

    Can we get him on the Bengals staff?

  5. #5
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    20,888

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    I think that school might by gone in the next five years anyway.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...h-another.html

    Per this article it appears they were looking into merging with Kentucky Christian. The date given was late 2017, which obviously didn't happen, but perhaps there could be more of this in the future. Is this what you're referencing, @PP1?

  6. #6
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...h-another.html

    Per this article it appears they were looking into merging with Kentucky Christian. The date given was late 2017, which obviously didn't happen, but perhaps there could be more of this in the future. Is this what you're referencing, @PP1?
    Declining enrollment and huge debts. IT was the enormous debt that scared Kentucky Christian away, I predict the merger will happen either next year or the school will close.

    But people have said this for a few years and they were able to hang on do to endowments. Those funds are now gone.

  7. #7
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,043

    As per the article, it appears that it is a merger in which they plan to maintain both campuses and each will field its own sports teams. Doesn't appear to be much change from an athlete's perspective. If you signed with CCU, you will still be playing for them.

    Perhaps the major change is how much they are willing to pay a HC, hence the departure of Fulcher. Just speculation on my part.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    9,393

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    As per the article, it appears that it is a merger in which they plan to maintain both campuses and each will field its own sports teams. Doesn't appear to be much change from an athlete's perspective. If you signed with CCU, you will still be playing for them.

    Perhaps the major change is how much they are willing to pay a HC, hence the departure of Fulcher. Just speculation on my part.
    My guess would be that pay played a big part of it. With the challenges that they have had to cause the merge, they likely couldn't afford to pay what he wanted in comparison to other programs.

Top