College Football Playoff Top 25 (11-12-19)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,745

    College Football Playoff Top 25 (11-12-19)

    1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Georgia
    5. Alabama
    6. Oregon
    7. Utah
    8. Minnesota
    9. Penn State
    10.Oklahoma
    11.Florida
    12.Auburn
    13.Baylor
    14.Wisconsin
    15.Michigan
    16.Notre Dame
    17.Cincinnati
    18.Memphis
    19.Texas
    20.Iowa
    21.Bosie State
    22.Oklahoma State
    23.Navy
    24.Kansas State
    25.Appalachian State
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,745

    The most interesting thing not one team remained in the same spot as they were last week.

  3. #3
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,894

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    The most interesting thing not one team remained in the same spot as they were last week.
    That's one thing that I do like about the committee's rankings...they're fluid. With a lot of the other polls, once you get to the top, as long as you don't lose, you won't drop. That's insane, in my opinion.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,745

    Conference Breakdown:
    Big Ten-6 (3 in top 10)
    SEC-5- (3 in top 10) {all 5 in top 12}
    Big 12-5
    American-3
    Pac 12-2
    ACC-1
    Mountain West-1
    Independent-1
    Sun Belt-1

  5. #5
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,024

    We need more consistency not week to week but year to year. I love the fluidity week to week, but when a bad loss matters one year but doesn’t the next is what gets me. How is Georgia who’s deficient on one side of the ball with a bad loss at home to a team that won’t make a bowl game at 4 when last year Ohio State entered the ranking at 10 because of the bad loss and being deficient one side of the ball. Using the committees criteria from last year Bama, Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, and Penn State should be ahead of Georgia. Call me out on my “anti-SEC/ pro Ohio State bias” all you want, but the lack of transparency from the committee is garbage and all fans of college football should demand more. I’m fine with 4 teams, I’m fine with humans making these decisions. I’m not cool with the inconsistency and neither should any fan of the sport. We have stats out there that can actually define eye test now. Use them. You can’t sit up there and talk about resume, SOS, top 25 wins, etc. and then put Minnesota at 8 behind 4 1 loss teams. I’m tired of the eye test being used as a get out of jail free card for the committee. Tell us what eye test means to you, because we as fans all have varying degrees of what eye test means and how much we weigh it in our opinions. You’re the 13 most powerful people in the sport of college football, we deserve to know what it means to you.

  6. #6
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick.
    Posts
    23,782

    Georgia vs. Oregon for the 4 seed?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,913

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    We need more consistency not week to week but year to year. I love the fluidity week to week, but when a bad loss matters one year but doesn’t the next is what gets me. How is Georgia who’s deficient on one side of the ball with a bad loss at home to a team that won’t make a bowl game at 4 when last year Ohio State entered the ranking at 10 because of the bad loss and being deficient one side of the ball. Using the committees criteria from last year Bama, Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, and Penn State should be ahead of Georgia. Call me out on my “anti-SEC/ pro Ohio State bias” all you want, but the lack of transparency from the committee is garbage and all fans of college football should demand more. I’m fine with 4 teams, I’m fine with humans making these decisions. I’m not cool with the inconsistency and neither should any fan of the sport. We have stats out there that can actually define eye test now. Use them. You can’t sit up there and talk about resume, SOS, top 25 wins, etc. and then put Minnesota at 8 behind 4 1 loss teams. I’m tired of the eye test being used as a get out of jail free card for the committee. Tell us what eye test means to you, because we as fans all have varying degrees of what eye test means and how much we weigh it in our opinions. You’re the 13 most powerful people in the sport of college football, we deserve to know what it means to you.
    You all keep forgetting you just didn't lose to an average team. You all got curb stomped by an average team two years in a row. As I have kept trying to tell you all that is the difference. You see top teams sometime get upset by teams they have no business losing to. However, usually when a top team loses one of those games it was a close game that came down to almost the last play. In Ohio States case it was impossible to even consider them a top team when they get destroyed by a team that barely was .500

    Quite honestly if OSU doesn't get curb stomped by bad teams the last 2 years and just simply lost close games to those teams. There is a good chance they would have made the playoff one if not both of the last 2 years.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,913

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Georgia vs. Oregon for the 4 seed?
    Not really. For Georgia it is simple they won out and win the SEC Championship they are in. If they lose even one more game they are out.

    Georgia winning the SEC would be worse case scenario for teams trying to make it. As long as LSU is undefeated going into the SEC Championship they will be in win or lose. If Georgia were to win it, LSU would still be in and Georgia would be too.

  9. #9
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,024

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You all keep forgetting you just didn't lose to an average team. You all got curb stomped by an average team two years in a row. As I have kept trying to tell you all that is the difference. You see top teams sometime get upset by teams they have no business losing to. However, usually when a top team loses one of those games it was a close game that came down to almost the last play. In Ohio States case it was impossible to even consider them a top team when they get destroyed by a team that barely was .500

    Quite honestly if OSU doesn't get curb stomped by bad teams the last 2 years and just simply lost close games to those teams. There is a good chance they would have made the playoff one if not both of the last 2 years.
    On the road vs at home. You think we were losing to Purdue or Iowa at home?

  10. #10
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick.
    Posts
    23,782

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Not really. For Georgia it is simple they won out and win the SEC Championship they are in. If they lose even one more game they are out.

    Georgia winning the SEC would be worse case scenario for teams trying to make it. As long as LSU is undefeated going into the SEC Championship they will be in win or lose. If Georgia were to win it, LSU would still be in and Georgia would be too.
    Let’s say LSU beats Georgia, Alabama vs. Oregon?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,913

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    On the road vs at home. You think we were losing to Purdue or Iowa at home?
    It is simple man you never see teams that are suppose to be one of the top 5 teams get blown out by bad to average teams on the road or at home. It simply does not happen man. That's why what happened to OSU the last 2 years was so shocking. You don't see teams that are suppose to be one of the best get beat down by bad teams. In the history of college football you see top teams get upset by teams, but usually they are close game decided at the very end and or even last play of games.

    If OSU simply loses in a tight close game the last 2 years. They would have been treated much differently. How they lost did matter and it should have mattered.

  12. #12
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,024

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You all keep forgetting you just didn't lose to an average team. You all got curb stomped by an average team two years in a row. As I have kept trying to tell you all that is the difference. You see top teams sometime get upset by teams they have no business losing to. However, usually when a top team loses one of those games it was a close game that came down to almost the last play. In Ohio States case it was impossible to even consider them a top team when they get destroyed by a team that barely was .500

    Quite honestly if OSU doesn't get curb stomped by bad teams the last 2 years and just simply lost close games to those teams. There is a good chance they would have made the playoff one if not both of the last 2 years.
    Also Purdue and Iowa were no where near as bad as this South Carolina team is. Both those teams at least made bowl games.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,913

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Let’s say LSU beats Georgia, Alabama vs. Oregon?
    For me personally I would have Oklahoma in over Oregon. However, the way it is set up currently. It looks like it basically is Oregons spot to lose if Georgia can not win the SEC.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,913

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Also Purdue and Iowa were no where near as bad as this South Carolina team is. Both those teams at least made bowl games.
    South Carolina is bad. However, once again in the history of college football we have seen teams get upset by teams they had no business losing too. Yet in all cases they were close games that came down to the very end. What you really never seen in college football is a team that is trying to claim to be one of the best go on and get blown out by teams that barely were bowl eligible. It is one thing to lose, it is a whole other story to get blown out like they did.

  15. #15
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,024

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    It is simple man you never see teams that are suppose to be one of the top 5 teams get blown out by bad to average teams on the road or at home. It simply does not happen man. That's why what happened to OSU the last 2 years was so shocking. You don't see teams that are suppose to be one of the best get beat down by bad teams. In the history of college football you see top teams get upset by teams, but usually they are close game decided at the very end and or even last play of games.

    If OSU simply loses in a tight close game the last 2 years. They would have been treated much differently. How they lost did matter and it should have mattered.
    I understand this. I’m saying a bad loss AT HOME is equally as bad a blowout loss on the road. Ohio State was ranked 10th last year after the loss. 2 years ago the committee liked us and had us at 5th despite 2 losses. How does that happen? OSU is just the most obvious case of where the committee has been inconsistent both for and against. I just want some damn transparency. I don’t see how anyone in their right mind can see that Georgia lost at home to a team destined to not make a bowl and have them at 4. Nothing the committee has done in the past has shown that to be a normal practice. I was shocked that Bama wasn’t at 4. I would have put Oregon there but, I have no issues with Bama at 4 now. Georgia is going to lose to Auburn this week anyways, but it’s still just another case in a long line of inconsistency with the criteria the committee uses year to year.

Top