CFP Rankings 11/14

Page 10 of 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Miami 4. Oklahoma 5. Wisconsin 6. Auburn 7. Georgia 8. Notre Dame 9. Ohio State 10. Penn State... 143 comments | 862 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,640

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    That's fine and dandy. Call the committee what you want, but if Alabama, Miami, and Ohio State take care of business those other 2 loss teams would also be as undeserving as Ohio State and the only one who would have a conference champion next to their name and that would be USC who wouldn't have a top 10 win on their resume. Speaking of USC today I heard a pretty convincing argument today regarding them. Why are they ahead of Washington State? I like USC a lot I think they are playing well and getting better as the season goes on after taking tough losses early on. Very similar to last year. But let's say Oklahoma and Ohio State had the same number of losses would you people be ok with OSU being ahead of OU? Of course not. Even if people thought OSU was better.
    That is where you are wrong. Those teams wouldn't be as undeserving as osu even if osu wins the big 10. If OSU wins the big 10 it just shows how down the big 10 may have been that a team who got blown out twice won the big 10. A team who decides not to show up twice in one season and gets blown out in both does not make them more deserving.

    As for USC and Washington state you just gave a great example of why the committee loves osu. You are right they only have 2 losses just like USC and beat USC. So why is USC in front of them? I would say because the committee is holding it's 2 blow out losses it has against them. A 37 to 3 defeat to California being one of them. So obviously the committee is punishing them for two blow out losses. Yet they aren't holding that against osu. #theohiostatecommitee
    Advertisement

  2. #137
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    That is where you are wrong. Those teams wouldn't be as undeserving as osu even if osu wins the big 10. If OSU wins the big 10 it just shows how down the big 10 may have been that a team who got blown out twice won the big 10. A team who decides not to show up twice in one season and gets blown out in both does not make them more deserving.

    As for USC and Washington state you just gave a great example of why the committee loves osu. You are right they only have 2 losses just like USC and beat USC. So why is USC in front of them? I would say because the committee is holding it's 2 blow out losses it has against them. A 37 to 3 defeat to California being one of them. So obviously the committee is punishing them for two blow out losses. Yet they aren't holding that against osu. #theohiostatecommitee
    So keep disregarding the fact that the committee has said time and time again that with the same record, conference championships matter? Come on man. The argument you are trying to make is baseless.

  3. #138
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,263

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    For some reason I was listening to the Cowherd show today. No idea why. But he had on Rob Bell who I guess is a Vegas oddsmaker. According to him the 4 best teams in the country with regards to who would be favored on a neutral site are in this order:
    1. Alabama
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Ohio State
    4. Auburn
    I'm pretty sure Vegas had Ohio State 20+ favorites against Iowa too. Doesnt really mean much.

  4. #139
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Vegas had Ohio State 20+ favorites against Iowa too. Doesnt really mean much.
    Vegas isn't in the business of losing money. Those casinos don't build themselves. That Iowa game was a statistical outlier beyond belief. Vegas got it right back next week when making OSU 17 point favorites against MSU and having 80% of the money come in for that game on MSU. If anybody knows what they are doing it's Vegas.

  5. #140

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    24,637

    I think when push comes to shove, OH States failure last year will be held against them by the committee. They won't want to be shown up again given their two big losses this year.

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,640

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    So keep disregarding the fact that the committee has said time and time again that with the same record, conference championships matter? Come on man. The argument you are trying to make is baseless.
    They have also said it's job is to get the 4 best teams. There is no way to justify a team with two blow out losses including one to a 4 loss team, is one of the top 4 teams even if they win the big 10. The only thing that shows is maybe the big 10 as a whole was down. When two of Ohio States best wins who would be over two teams in Penn State and Wisconsin that literally have zero good wins and is the reason why their record is what it is. So if it's to get the 4 best or deserving that wouldn't be a team with 2 blow out losses. Meaning winning their conference should matter little and if that means they give it to a second team in a conference or a USC, etc so be it. If it's only 4 teams then osu shouldn't be in it, if it's suppose to be the 4 best teams. Hence why humans are now involved, so those horrible losses could be taken into account.

  7. #142
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "Ram Nation" ...in the twin cities of Raceland / Worthington. i dwell on the other side of the tracks.
    Posts
    37,873

    Here is mine, as of now. One good thing is that it all will play out in the next 2 or 3 weeks......

    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Miami

    5. Wisconsin
    6. Auburn

  8. #143

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    24,637

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    They have also said it's job is to get the 4 best teams. There is no way to justify a team with two blow out losses including one to a 4 loss team, is one of the top 4 teams even if they win the big 10. The only thing that shows is maybe the big 10 as a whole was down. When two of Ohio States best wins who would be over two teams in Penn State and Wisconsin that literally have zero good wins and is the reason why their record is what it is. So if it's to get the 4 best or deserving that wouldn't be a team with 2 blow out losses. Meaning winning their conference should matter little and if that means they give it to a second team in a conference or a USC, etc so be it. If it's only 4 teams then osu shouldn't be in it, if it's suppose to be the 4 best teams. Hence why humans are now involved, so those horrible losses could be taken into account.
    If OSU finishes like they did a couple years ago they should get in. Beating MI and WI handily should do it as they've shown their best is as good as anyone's. I say should because as I posted earlier, I think the committee might be gun shy due to OSU's inconsistency.

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,640

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    If OSU finishes like they did a couple years ago they should get in. Beating MI and WI handily should do it as they've shown their best is as good as anyone's. I say should because as I posted earlier, I think the committee might be gun shy due to OSU's inconsistency.
    Osu should beat Michigan handily, they aren't that good and have beat no one. Wisconsin's best win is against a 4 loss team who only got ranked because osu sucked so bad and they blew them out. So no I don't think osu should get rewarded for winning a conference with a bunch of teams who also really haven't done anything or beat anyone. Especially when not only did they lose osu got manhandled twice. So I do hope the committee remembers last year and is gun shy on them. Or else does give reason to say the committee loves osu. Which is the only reason I posted on this. Was funny hearing a osu fan say the committee loves Clemson, when osu has benefited more than any team in the country in terms of decisions by the committee since the playoffs have started.

Top