Can Anyone Stop LSU?

Page 2 of I know the Big 12 doesnít play a heck of a lot of defense, but Geez Louise.... 64 comments | 1710 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,353

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    LSU is awesome, Joe might be one of the best CFB QB’s ever statistically, but it was the B12 they were playing. Pump the brakes for just a second to remember that. I still believe LSU wins the title and will be cheering 100% for Joe!
    I figure that Oklahoma would finish at least 3rd if not 4th in the SEC West.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,588

    Probably should be another thread but.....

    Obviously Oklahoma shouldnít have been in this game. Who is actually the best #4 in the nation? I think if Tua hadnít got injured it would have been Alabama even with the two losses. Maybe Georgia??

  3. #18
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,736

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Probably should be another thread but.....

    Obviously Oklahoma shouldn’t have been in this game. Who is actually the best #4 in the nation? I think if Tua hadn’t got injured it would have been Alabama even with the two losses. Maybe Georgia??
    Sure they should have been. I hate looking back after a game and saying a team didn't belong there. If Tua was healthy, they may have been undefeated and in the playoffs. After his injury and the loss to Auburn they didn't belong in this year. UGA showed 3 weeks ago that they had no hope of scoring against LSU.

    The #4 seed was probably going to get rolled, regardless of who it was or which of the big 3 was #1.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,222

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Probably should be another thread but.....

    Obviously Oklahoma shouldn’t have been in this game. Who is actually the best #4 in the nation? I think if Tua hadn’t got injured it would have been Alabama even with the two losses. Maybe Georgia??
    It’s not obvious at all that they shouldn’t have been in it. It really wouldn’t have mattered which team was the 4 seed. LSU would have rolled any of the other teams. There were 3 great teams this year. LSU, OSU, Clemson all would have rolled whoever the four seed was.

  5. #20
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,588

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    It’s not obvious at all that they shouldn’t have been in it. It really wouldn’t have mattered which team was the 4 seed. LSU would have rolled any of the other teams. There were 3 great teams this year. LSU, OSU, Clemson all would have rolled whoever the four seed was.
    They didn’t “roll” Alabama when they met during the season. LSU barely survived 46-41. And Alabama’s loss at Auburn was by 3.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    214

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    I figure that Oklahoma would finish at least 3rd if not 4th in the SEC West.
    But they don't play in the SEC West.

  7. #22
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    1,676

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I’ll take ALL of that bet...
    El Diablo must have been feeling no pain last night, he had that big prediction and about 10 dislikes scattered about for anyone not canonizing Lawrence and his Tigers. Fandom is fun.

  8. #23
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    1,676

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Probably should be another thread but.....

    Obviously Oklahoma shouldn’t have been in this game. Who is actually the best #4 in the nation? I think if Tua hadn’t got injured it would have been Alabama even with the two losses. Maybe Georgia??
    I 100% thought Alabama was the 4th best team in the country, but you have to win games. That is how it works. Oklahoma earned their way to the Peach Bowl and caught the beating many saw coming.

  9. #24
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    982

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    Wow...you're calling for Clemson to beat LSU by 20?! Okay....
    Ha yeah. I said Clemson would beat Bama by 20 last year and got similar scoffs. First off Oklahoma Defense had no business in playoffs. Second, SEC is not as super as they advertise. LSU resume looks really good on paper but Georgia was not that great, Texas was dumpster, Alabama was a shell of what they’ve been. LSU is really good but they haven’t faced the caliber of OSU and Clemson. They haven’t been tested through adversity. We’ll see.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,222

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    They didn’t “roll” Alabama when they met during the season. LSU barely survived 46-41. And Alabama’s loss at Auburn was by 3.
    Alabama once they got that second lost was no longer really even in play for the 4 seed. So once again no they didn’t put the wrong team in. If Tua never gets hurt, they probably beat Auburn and then Bama would have been in.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,222

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Ha yeah. I said Clemson would beat Bama by 20 last year and got similar scoffs. First off Oklahoma Defense had no business in playoffs. Second, SEC is not as super as they advertise. LSU resume looks really good on paper but Georgia was not that great, Texas was dumpster, Alabama was a shell of what they’ve been. LSU is really good but they haven’t faced the caliber of OSU and Clemson. They haven’t been tested through adversity. We’ll see.
    All the things you just said about LSU you could have said about OSU and the teams they beat to get to Clemson. Yet OSU showed they were right there with Clemson.

  12. #27
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,736

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    They didn’t “roll” Alabama when they met during the season. LSU barely survived 46-41. And Alabama’s loss at Auburn was by 3.
    They also had Tua, albeit an injured Tua. He wasn't available for Auburn or the playoffs. Without Tua, Bama wasn't staying close either.

  13. #28
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    982

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    All the things you just said about LSU you could have said about OSU and the teams they beat to get to Clemson. Yet OSU showed they were right there with Clemson.
    I obviously could be wrong but I held high praise for OSU, I thought they were better than LSU. They have a balanced team. They do it all at the highest level. LSU can pass the ball at 99 to 100. Their run is about half as dangerous as OSUs. LSUs defense is not anywhere near OSU. If you have the talent with players and coaching on defense you can shut down a one dimensional team. LSU will score. But, Joe Burrow isnít going to be throwing rainbows across his body as he runs out of bounds for 50 yds against Clemson.

  14. #29
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,588

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Alabama once they got that second lost was no longer really even in play for the 4 seed. So once again no they didn’t put the wrong team in. If Tua never gets hurt, they probably beat Auburn and then Bama would have been in.
    I said exactly that in post 17.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,222

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    I obviously could be wrong but I held high praise for OSU, I thought they were better than LSU. They have a balanced team. They do it all at the highest level. LSU can pass the ball at 99 to 100. Their run is about half as dangerous as OSUs. LSUs defense is not anywhere near OSU. If you have the talent with players and coaching on defense you can shut down a one dimensional team. LSU will score. But, Joe Burrow isn’t going to be throwing rainbows across his body as he runs out of bounds for 50 yds against Clemson.
    LSU run game is still very good. Their passing game is just off the charts, so their running game gets over looked. They have a great running back who barely even played against Oklahoma due to injury.

    So far this year LSU has played four teams with top 20 defenses. In those games LSU has scored 42, 24, 46, and 37. So that one dimensional offense you speak of, hasn’t seemed easy to stop for other top defenses. Keep in my also that Clemsons defense while still good, is not the same defense as last years Clemson team, not even close to as good as last years honestly.

    I think we will see a high scoring game in the title game.

Top