Bob Stoops Retiring

  1. #1
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,717

    Bob Stoops Retiring

    Just breaking....Bob Stoops is retiring after 18 years as HC at Oklahoma.

    Lincoln Riley, the current OC, will take over.

    Didn't see this coming.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,733

    WOW!!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    8,913

    Health issue?

  4. #4
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,082

    @danWolken

    Source: Stoops walking away isn't about his health.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Lincoln Riley has big shoes to fill.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    23,893

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    @danWolken

    Source: Stoops walking away isn't about his health.
    Love triangle?

  7. #7
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,551

    Odd timing.

  8. #8
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    87,842

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    Odd timing.
    Not really. Guessing their freshmen just reported for summer school, and once they start classes they are locked in...

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,717

    Crazy stat I saw on Twitter....Now that Stoops is retired there are only 4 active coaches who have won a title....Saban, Meyer, Swinney, and Fisher.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Crazy stat I saw on Twitter....Now that Stoops is retired there are only 4 active coaches who have won a title....Saban, Meyer, Swinney, and Fisher.
    Odds are pretty decent that one of those four will win next year and that will stay true.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Crazy stat I saw on Twitter....Now that Stoops is retired there are only 4 active coaches who have won a title....Saban, Meyer, Swinney, and Fisher.
    Has Les Miles found a new coaching job yet? If so, they forgot him. What about Auburn's head coach during their championship. I can see his face but forget his name. Is he still out of coaching?

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,717

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Has Les Miles found a new coaching job yet? If so, they forgot him. What about Auburn's head coach during their championship. I can see his face but forget his name. Is he still out of coaching?
    Miles is still unemployed and Gene Chizik is now the DC at UNC.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Miles is still unemployed and Gene Chizik is now the DC at UNC.
    So if talking about active head coaches only, yep, four of them.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Not really. Guessing their freshmen just reported for summer school, and once they start classes they are locked in...
    Before they started classes they could transfer so long as they sat out a year or is that waived with a coaching change? I assumed that was a legend but was never for sure.

  15. #15
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    87,842

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Before they started classes they could transfer so long as they sat out a year or is that waived with a coaching change? I assumed that was a legend but was never for sure.
    They wouldn't have to sit out a year if they had not started classes and got a release from their LOI. Once you start classes you are locked in as a student of the university and transfer rules apply...

Top