Auburn at Oregon Predictions/Updates

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oregon

    6 37.50%
  • Auburn

    10 62.50%
  1. #1
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,457

    Auburn at Oregon Predictions/Updates

    The marquee matchup of week 1. Who wins and why?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,457

    Strength on strength in this game. Oregon has one of the best O lines in college football and Auburn boasts the best D line in college football. Auburn is going to be starting true freshman Bo Nix at QB and Gus Malzahn is returning to playcalling duties. I really like Oregon in this game. I think Herbert will able to put up points and I think the Oregon defense is talented enough to give a true freshmen QB fits. Give me Oregon 35 Auburn 21.

  3. #3
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,785

    Auburn 31-24.

  4. #4
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,029

    Auburn wins 33-24, I think they just want it more.

  5. #5
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    1,021

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I think they just want it more.
    Huh?

  6. #6
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    1,021

    Unbelievable game to kick off the season, and a great choice as the 5-pointer in the contest. I have this game as a virtual toss-up, so in that case, I'm taking the better O-Line (as Grant pointed out) and the 1st Round QB -- Oregon. Auburn's defense will be filled with NFL guys, to be sure, but I'm not sure they can score with Oregon if this game gets any kind of pace to it at all.

    Assuming Oregon actually wants to win it, which is apparently now in question. @Jumper_Dad

  7. #7
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,062

    Auburn, because they're better.

  8. #8
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,104

    Freshman QB over for first QB in the NFL draft next spring? Pretty bold.

  9. #9
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,457

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Auburn wins 33-24, I think they just want it more.
    I’ll give it to you this is pretty good

  10. #10
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,029

    Seems like all the TV pundits that I have seen are saying it's Oregon in a romp. I guess Justin Herbert is the second coming of Bobby Herbert.

  11. #11
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,029

    14 to 3 1st quarter, so far Oregon wants it more. Maybe Auburn will decide to want it more in the 2nd quarter and the Ducks won't want it as much.

  12. #12
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,974

    That was the most up and down action packed 14-6 first half I’ve ever seen.

  13. #13
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,029

    14 to 6 at the half.
    Oregon quit wanting it more and fumbled deep in Tiger territory. Then Auburn wanted the win more and returned the scooped fumble all the way to the Duck's 3yd line, but suddenly the Ducks wanted this win more and made the tackle at the 3.

  14. #14
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,457

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    14 to 6 at the half.
    Oregon quit wanting it more and fumbled deep in Tiger territory. Then Auburn wanted the win more and returned the scooped fumble all the way to the Duck's 3yd line, but suddenly the Ducks wanted this win more and made the tackle at the 3.
    Can always count on you JD

  15. #15
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,457

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Strength on strength in this game. Oregon has one of the best O lines in college football and Auburn boasts the best D line in college football. Auburn is going to be starting true freshman Bo Nix at QB and Gus Malzahn is returning to playcalling duties. I really like Oregon in this game. I think Herbert will able to put up points and I think the Oregon defense is talented enough to give a true freshmen QB fits. Give me Oregon 35 Auburn 21.

Top