AP Poll 9-29

  1. #1
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    AP Poll 9-29

    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Georgia
    4. Ohio State
    5. LSU
    6. Oklahoma
    7. Auburn
    8. Wisconsin
    9. Florida
    10. Notre Dame
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,273

    Ohio State and Oklahoma are too low and Clemson and Georgia are too high, based on play this year.

  3. #3
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    If we had no polls until after week 5, these polls would look different. That’s a problem with the AP and coaches polls. They aren’t fluid enough. I have my gripes with the playoff committee at times, but the rankings are very fluid from week to week depending on how teams play. If there were no rankings until now I’d imagine the top 10 would look more like this:
    1) Alabama
    2) Ohio State
    3) LSU
    4) Auburn
    5) Oklahoma
    6) Wisconsin
    7) Georgia
    8) Clemson
    9) Texas
    10) Florida

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    If we had no polls until after week 5, these polls would look different. That’s a problem with the AP and coaches polls. They aren’t fluid enough. I have my gripes with the playoff committee at times, but the rankings are very fluid from week to week depending on how teams play. If there were no rankings until now I’d imagine the top 10 would look more like this:
    1) Alabama
    2) Ohio State
    3) LSU
    4) Auburn
    5) Oklahoma
    6) Wisconsin
    7) Georgia
    8) Clemson
    9) Texas
    10) Florida
    LSU has a Top 10 road win. Why should Ohio State be ahead of them?

  5. #5
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    LSU has a Top 10 road win. Why should Ohio State be ahead of them?
    Because LSU has a shaky defense.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Because LSU has a shaky defense.
    They also have a Top 10 road win.

  7. #7
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    They also have a Top 10 road win.
    Exactly. That’s why they are at 3 and not lower.

  8. #8
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Exactly. That’s why they are at 3 and not lower.
    Surprisingly, your bias is showing.

  9. #9
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Surprisingly, your bias is showing.
    So just because I put my team at 2 I’m
    biased? Should I just exclude myself from any talk about Ohio State and not even include them in any rankings? My rankings are based on if they played on a neutral field who would win. Right now, I think Ohio State would beat everyone except Bama. Others on here have said the same thing but since they aren’t Buckeye fans their opinions are more valid than mine?

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    So just because I put my team at 2 I’m
    biased? Should I just exclude myself from any talk about Ohio State and not even include them in any rankings? My rankings are based on if they played on a neutral field who would win. Right now, I think Ohio State would beat everyone except Bama. Others on here have said the same thing but since they aren’t Buckeye fans their opinions are more valid than mine?
    Come on, do you have to do this every time someone questions you?

    Before you went on your little rant, I was going to say that, IMO, you could make a case for OSU over Bama based on the results for each so far. But to me, the Top 10 win LSU has keeps them above OSU, which is what the AP apparently thinks as well.

  11. #11
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,369

    Heather Dinich:

    1. Alabama
    2. Auburn
    3. LSU
    4. Georgia
    5. Clemson
    6. Ohio State

  12. #12
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Heather Dinich:

    1. Alabama
    2. Auburn
    3. LSU
    4. Georgia
    5. Clemson
    6. Ohio State
    She’s a clown.

  13. #13
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,636

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Come on, do you have to do this every time someone questions you?

    Before you went on your little rant, I was going to say that, IMO, you could make a case for OSU over Bama based on the results for each so far. But to me, the Top 10 win LSU has keeps them above OSU, which is what the AP apparently thinks as well.
    I agree the case could be made for OSU over Bama. The case could be made for LSU to be 1 and Auburn 2. The AP doesn’t adjust their rankings unless a team loses or has a game like Clemson did against UNC.

  14. #14
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,482

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I agree the case could be made for OSU over Bama. The case could be made for LSU to be 1 and Auburn 2. The AP doesn’t adjust their rankings unless a team loses or has a game like Clemson did against UNC.
    Agreed. They made the right choice in dropping Clemson.

  15. #15
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,273

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Heather Dinich:

    1. Alabama
    2. Auburn
    3. LSU
    4. Georgia
    5. Clemson
    6. Ohio State
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    She’s a clown.
    She is a clown, Oklahoma has looked better than half of those teams.

Top