Xavier 89 Cincinnati 76

Page 2 of Final. Xavier pretty much controlled this game throughout.... 26 comments | 1278 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,621

    While I don't agree with what Mic did yesterday AT ALL and am not a Mic lover (I am sort of luke warm about him), I actually think UC would have a hard time getting a better coach than him if he left. UC is not in a good conference situation and is not the easiest school to recruit to. Mic is a tireless recruiter and just works his butt off from what I have heard. I actually think UC is probably fortunate to have him.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    Cronin has little man syndrome, saw a televised game last year where he told an event staff person, standing in their location, that turned and bumped him to “ watch what the “F” you are doing. He blocked me on Twitter! Lol. Such a bad representative for UC

  3. #18
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,355

    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    Cronin has little man syndrome, saw a televised game last year where he told an event staff person, standing in their location, that turned and bumped him to “ watch what the “F” you are doing. He blocked me on Twitter! Lol. Such a bad representative for UC
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think he's ever actually logged in to his Twitter account, much less blocked anyone on it...

  4. #19
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    I really like the way Chris Mack handled himself in his press conference. To me Mack has earned the greatest compliment any coach can earn and that is being a coach I would want my son to play for. I don't have kids of my own yet, but when I do I hope my kids get to play for a coach like Chris Mack.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think he's ever actually logged in to his Twitter account, much less blocked anyone on it...
    You’re not bursting my bubble, “he” being whoever runs his Twitter, again he’s a disgrace to UC. Trust me these dudes check their accounts....

  6. #21
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,355

    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    You’re not bursting my bubble, “he” being whoever runs his Twitter, again he’s a disgrace to UC.
    You said something dumb enough to get blocked by a staffer. Congrats, I guess...

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    You said something dumb enough to get blocked by a staffer. Congrats, I guess...
    Wasnt dumb was fact...disgrace to UC, telling an event employee to eff off because they turned and bumped you...keep loving him!

  8. #23
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,970

    Both just need to talk about the game and not other team players or former players. Just because Mic said things about an X player and acted like a jerk, doesn't mean Mack can say things about former UC players and make him any better.

    I would like Mack to have said "I don't talk about other teams players", if he is asked and then talk about the game. I thought it was not necessary for him to say that he still shook the player's hand after what he was called back in 2010....2010 really. Just say nothing.

    What happened to the days of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"? These guys need to stay above the fray and act professional.

  9. #24
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,355

    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    Wasnt dumb was fact...disgrace to UC, telling an event employee to eff off because they turned and bumped you...keep loving him!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Both just need to talk about the game and not other team players or former players. Just because Mic said things about an X player and acted like a jerk, doesn't mean Mack can say things about former UC players and make him any better.

    I would like Mack to have said "I don't talk about other teams players", if he is asked and then talk about the game. I thought it was not necessary for him to say that he still shook the player's hand after what he was called back in 2010....2010 really. Just say nothing.

    What happened to the days of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"? These guys need to stay above the fray and act professional.
    Eh I get it though. Times have changed. Cronin saying that player wouldn't play for me. Made it seem like Cronin doesn't recruit players like that, while Mack just let's players do anything. In today's media driven society. Everyone hears and sees everything. So that right there probably will win him some points with recruits and their families by showing how he still did the right thing unlike Cronin. Even though Cronin had a player saying similar things to him. Cronin saying he wouldn't play for me wasn't just an attack on the player but an attack on Mack since he does play him. At that point he needs to defend his player and program. I guess the only thing he could have done different is instead of saying Lance Stephenson by name. He could have just said a UC player back in 2010 did this, and I still shook his hand.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    While I don't agree with what Mic did yesterday AT ALL and am not a Mic lover (I am sort of luke warm about him), I actually think UC would have a hard time getting a better coach than him if he left. UC is not in a good conference situation and is not the easiest school to recruit to. Mic is a tireless recruiter and just works his butt off from what I have heard. I actually think UC is probably fortunate to have him.
    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    Cronin has little man syndrome, saw a televised game last year where he told an event staff person, standing in their location, that turned and bumped him to “ watch what the “F” you are doing. He blocked me on Twitter! Lol. Such a bad representative for UC
    Have witnessed his act for years now and agree with both of these. Hard to argue with results and he has done a nice job but he's also kind of a cartoon character at times. I find myself liking him at times and thinking he's a joke sometimes.

  12. #27
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,236

    So a player that cursed at an opposing coach wouldn't play for Cronin? What about a head coach that curses out and tries to physically fight an opposing player? Does the high and mighty Mick think that kinda person should coach for a major college university?

Top