Will John Calipari win another title before he leaves UK?

Page 3 of They're discussing this on KSR right now and I wanted to put it before BGP. What do you think? I say no. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 35 comments | 1555 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Will John Calipari win another title before leaving UK?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 51.06%
  • No

    23 48.94%
  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,277

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    I believe I read where Shaq’s Son already committed.
    Last I heard he signed financial aid papers but that still allows him to explore his options. Arizona I believe is part of the FBI investigation.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Only one coach at UK has one.

    Only UNC and IU have coaches that won multiple titles. Its rare.

    Joe Hall always thought hed win another but 1984 was as close as he got.

    Pitino came so close but was denied. Cal had two opportunities: 2014 and 2015. 2014 cause he was there. 2015 cause he had a 38-0 squad in the Final Four.
    Did you mean that only one coach at UK has won more than one? And that only IU and UNC have more than one coach that has won multiple titles? Your comment wasn't very clear.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    768

    No.. Anthony Davis is not walking through the door. If Cal was a great bench coach everyone would be in trouble.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,746

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Did you mean that only one coach at UK has won more than one? And that only IU and UNC have more than one coach that has won multiple titles? Your comment wasn't very clear.
    I've been known to be obtuse.

    My point was that there are only two schools that I am aware of that have had multiple coaches in their history who won more than one title.

    UNC: Dean Smith (2) Roy Williams (3)
    IU: Branch McCracken (2) Bobby Knight (3)

    It's a rare thing. UK has the most coaches who have won at least one in their career: Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Smith, Cal

    My point is that there are some who seem to think it's ridiculous that Cal hasn't won more than 1 title at UK. In fact, it's very rare.

  5. #35
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,839

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post

    My point is that there are some who seem to think it's ridiculous that Cal hasn't won more than 1 title at UK. In fact, it's very rare.
    I think a lot of that is because many fans feel like we could've and should have won it in 2010 and definitely in 2015. He beats Wisconsin and then hopefully Duke, no chicken littles anywhere.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,746

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I think a lot of that is because many fans feel like we could've and should have won it in 2010 and definitely in 2015. He beats Wisconsin and then hopefully Duke, no chicken littles anywhere.
    Oh I get that.

    I also believed Joe Hall had the best team in 1984 but laid an egg in the 2nd half vs Georgetown.

    Pitino could have won a 2nd if they weren’t short handed in 1997. He could have won in 1993 if Dale Brown hadn’t got hurt and/or Mash hadn’t gone brain dead and committed his fifth foul.

    A lot of other UK coaches have been just as close and failed.

Top