Why do UK fans.....

Page 4 of Why do UK fans care so much about rankings and polls? Seriously. Like why do y... 62 comments | 2441 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,022

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    The fact that Grayson was 3 years from being born makes it fantastic.
    He's the terminator sent from the future.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    825

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    And how is that any different than any other program in college basketball?

    And I'd argue that there are more Kentucky fans outside the state of Kentucky, then that live in the state.
    If you can show me stats that show that then I'll believe you but I highly doubt that is the case even as big as BBN is.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    825

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Because yall ruin perfectly good Duke threads that have zero to do with UK. I have no choice but to read it when I check in on the Duke thread and there yall are whining about your ranking and how if it was UK then wed be blah blah blah blah. Perfect reflection of your coach and Matt Jones I guess. Twitter, Facebook. All yall do is whine about Duke, UL and UNC. Thank God yall beat WVU because now yall are back to having promise and headed to the Final Four. Id much rather see UK fans be bipolar over their team as opposed to whining about Duke all of the time. Let it go.
    Sounds to me like you're using Y'all an awful lot probably an intentional dig at KY fans in itself?

  4. #49
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,515

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    If you can show me stats that show that then I'll believe you but I highly doubt that is the case even as big as BBN is.
    From the small amount of traveling I've done, I agree with UKMF. Not sure how you prove it but I have no doubt.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    825

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    From the small amount of traveling I've done, I agree with UKMF. Not sure how you prove it but I have no doubt.
    I guess it's possible. There are a lot of people that have jumped on the New England Patriot's bandwagon all across the country but they have won a lot of championships in the last decade. So maybe BBN is not 60% Kentucky folk as I think they are.

  6. #51
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,926

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Sounds to me like you're using Y'all an awful lot probably an intentional dig at KY fans in itself?
    Nah. You’re overthinking. I use y’all so much that when I type “talk” into my phone it autocorrects it to y’all. Drives me nuts.

  7. #52
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,926

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Sounds to me like you're using Y'all an awful lot probably an intentional dig at KY fans in itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Nah. You’re overthinking. I use y’all so much that when I type “talk” into my phone it autocorrects it to y’all. Drives me nuts.
    And to add to this, this isn’t a thread with hostile intentions. I love good banter back and forth but this year I’ve seen UK fans whining about rankings, Duke and Grayson Allen at a high level this year and in Grayson’s defense he hasn’t even tripped anyone this season. I see Matt Jones and his UK basketball followers on twitter and on Facebook whining all of the time about these same topics and I can’t help but wonder why we just can’t talk about basketball? Do we really have to be this petty at all times or can we actually talk some basketball? I mean, I can do petty. I do petty with @Randy Parker all of the time whenever possible. I just know that I am not a UK fan, I rarely watch UK play and I don’t concern myself with UK fans thoughts until they flood my phone talking about Duke. I can only help but ask why when they haven’t played each other this season.


    Yet.......

  8. #53
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,298

    ^ I'm never petty with you. I genuinely hate your Grayson-loving guts.

  9. #54
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,061

    UK is losing tonight. First thing I see on Twitter as soon as I open it?

    UK Fans complaining that North Carolina is ranked too high.

  10. #55
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    UK is losing tonight. First thing I see on Twitter as soon as I open it?

    UK Fans complaining that North Carolina is ranked too high.
    You need to follow different people.

    In all seriousness, I hear from so many non-UK fans about how awful their Twitter feeds and Facebook feeds are with UK fans crying about this or that.....You all must follow some real losers. Seriously, I'd venture 90% of the people I follow that I personally know are UK fans, and none of them cry about much of anything UK related.

  11. #56
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,515

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    You need to follow different people.

    In all seriousness, I hear from so many non-UK fans about how awful their Twitter feeds and Facebook feeds are with UK fans crying about this or that.....You all must follow some real losers. Seriously, I'd venture 90% of the people I follow that I personally know are UK fans, and none of them cry about much of anything UK related.
    That's what always baffles me too UKMF. I believe that @PurplePride92 & @Bench have those types of fans all over their timelines, but I just don't. I wanted to say that maybe its a geographical fan thing, but I think @Bench is around NKY.

    I just don't have any of that on my feeds, especially Twitter.

  12. #57
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    That's what always baffles me too UKMF. I believe that @PurplePride92 & @Bench have those types of fans all over their timelines, but I just don't. I wanted to say that maybe its a geographical fan thing, but I think @Bench is around NKY.

    I just don't have any of that on my feeds, especially Twitter.
    Oh no doubt. I don't for a second doubt they have them on their feeds. I don't know any UK fans like that, so it amazes me when people talk about how it's so many people they follow.

  13. #58
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,727

    This thread.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Because y’all ruin perfectly good Duke threads that have zero to do with UK. I have no choice but to read it when I check in on the Duke thread and there y’all are whining about your ranking and how “if it was UK then we’d be blah blah blah blah.” Perfect reflection of your coach and Matt Jones I guess. Twitter, Facebook. All y’all do is whine about Duke, UL and UNC. Thank God y’all beat WVU because now y’all are back to having promise and headed to the Final Four. I’d much rather see UK fans be bipolar over their team as opposed to whining about Duke all of the time. Let it go.
    You should take your own advice. BTW, Duke sucks.

  15. #60
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,926

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    You should take your own advice. BTW, Duke sucks.
    I do take my own advice. Last time you saw me in a UK game thread talking about Duke was.............


    Yeah, that’s what I thought........

Top