Who's Rooting for the Norse to Upset the Cats???

  1. #1
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Single White Male , 54, Desperately seeking a time machine to return me to the 70's where I belong
    Posts
    5,656

    Who's Rooting for the Norse to Upset the Cats???

    Just curious to see how many folks would enjoy seeing NKU pull off the shocker of all shockers. For NKU, this would be almost equivalent to winning the championship. This WOULD be their championship. Let's just say that I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if this were to happen. I say, GO NORSE !!!! Who's with me ????
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,920

    I'll be wearing my black and gold.

  3. #3
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Single White Male , 54, Desperately seeking a time machine to return me to the 70's where I belong
    Posts
    5,656

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'll be wearing my black and gold.

    I won't be disappointed if you get the "W."

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,484

    As far as building your program I believe this is the perfect 15-2 game for NKU. For nearly a solid week they will have the attention of a large number of people in the state of Ky. The exposure they will receive this week can only help.

  5. #5
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    48,954

    Even some NKU fans would be upset if UK lost. This is terrible for fans. If NKU was playing Arizona or Duke, everyone in the state would be cheering for them.

  6. #6
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Single White Male , 54, Desperately seeking a time machine to return me to the 70's where I belong
    Posts
    5,656

    Short of pulling off the shocker, I hope the Norse play really, really well .

  7. #7
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847

    Norse!

  8. #8
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    2,757

    Bracket won't allow for that. On, on, U of K!

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    125,251

    Sign me up!

  10. #10
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    47,862

    I feel like I'm one of the biggest UK fans on this board. I have also attended a crap ton of NKU games. Missed maybe one game a year over 5 years while a student at NKU. I've worked for the school as a student, after graduation and volunteer as an Advisor. Extremely involved on campus but won't post my resume. Lots of ties to NKU.

    In saying all that...

    If NKU wins I will be completely thrilled.

    If UK wins, I'll be happy that the Cats advance. I'll just hope that NKU played well, but either way, it's still great for the program.

  11. #11
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    60,683

    No chance I'm rooting for NKU over UK.

    I really wanted to pull for NKU in the tournament, which is why I hate the matchup.

  12. #12
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    8,671

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Just curious to see how many folks would enjoy seeing NKU pull off the shocker of all shockers. For NKU, this would be almost equivalent to winning the championship. This WOULD be their championship. Let's just say that I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if this were to happen. I say, GO NORSE !!!! Who's with me ????
    If it was any other team the Norse is playing I'd be with you. Our life savings went to Lexington so I'll be on the Big Blue side.

  13. #13
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    125,251

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I feel like I'm one of the biggest UK fans on this board. I have also attended a crap ton of NKU games. Missed maybe one game a year over 5 years while a student at NKU. I've worked for the school as a student, after graduation and volunteer as an Advisor. Extremely involved on campus but won't post my resume. Lots of ties to NKU.

    In saying all that...

    If NKU wins I will be completely thrilled.

    If UK wins, I'll be happy that the Cats advance. I'll just hope that NKU played well, but either way, it's still great for the program.
    I haven't worked for NKU but this is how I feel about it.

  14. #14
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    8,671

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    If it was any other team the Norse is playing I'd be with you. Our life savings went to Lexington so I'll be on the Big Blue side.
    If NKU beats UK, I'll pedal a tricycle naked around Cumberland Lake!

  15. #15
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    9,466

    No question...Go Norse!!!

Top