Who Stays And Who Goes: 2015 Edition

Page 4 of Adam Zagoria reporting that Dakari Johnson will make a decision by week's end. Advertisement Apr 7, 15, 12:01 PM #122 RaiderPride5 View Profile Vi... 236 comments | 12769 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Definitely Gone:

    Karl Anthony Towns
    Willie Cauley-Stein
    Trey Lyles


    Could Be Gone:

    Devin Booker
    Andrew Harrison
    Aaron Harrison
    Dakari Johnson


    Will Be Back:

    Alex Poythress
    Tyler Ulis
    Marcus Lee
    Derek Willis
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,757

    Gone:
    WCS, KAT, Harrisons, Lyles, Booker , Johnson if he stays in current projections.

    Inject some fresh Frosh talent with Ulis, Poythress, Lee and CATS will be just as strong come tournament time next year.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,562

    Doesn't matter if Booker is NBA ready, he's a lottery pick in the projections so he'll probably go. Staying won't improve his spot much.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,278

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderPride5 View Post
    Swap Trey and Alex positions and that would be scary but if the Harrisons do come back it is 100% platooning for sure.


    I think that WCS, KAT, and the twins leave (neither should but oh well) One of booker and lyles may go. If Booker and twins go I think Malik Newman is coming. How many scholarships are you allowed to have?
    You get 13 scholarships.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,278

    I understand leaving if you are a projected 1st round pick. That makes sense. But some people aren't considering the fact that more goes into the decision to return to school than that. KAT is gone because it's just a no brainier, WCS came back once he's probably gone given his draft stock and what he's already said.

    However, the twins may never play together again and staying at Kentucky allows them to remain together. Additionally their draft stock can go nowhere but up from where it is currently and they took the loss as bad as anyone. They will be back to take care of unfinished business once again.

    Booker and Lyles are projected as pretty high picks but both need to add more strength and more seasoning to their game to succeed at the next level, also they have a sour taste in their mouth. They will be back just like Terrance Jones and Deron Lamb in years past. Being so close to an undefeated season makes it even harder to leave after giving it just one go, they will want one more chance.

    Next years team will be special, they will once again blend the most talented of freshman with some vets and make a run at perfection. We've seen in the recent past that more goes into a decision to leave than some dollar bills, these kids were so close and they will all be back except for Karl and Willie.

  6. #51
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,503

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    I understand leaving if you are a projected 1st round pick. That makes sense. But some people aren't considering the fact that more goes into the decision to return to school than that. KAT is gone because it's just a no brainier, WCS came back once he's probably gone given his draft stock and what he's already said.

    However, the twins may never play together again and staying at Kentucky allows them to remain together. Additionally their draft stock can go nowhere but up from where it is currently and they took the loss as bad as anyone. They will be back to take care of unfinished business once again.

    Booker and Lyles are projected as pretty high picks but both need to add more strength and more seasoning to their game to succeed at the next level, also they have a sour taste in their mouth. They will be back just like Terrance Jones and Deron Lamb in years past. Being so close to an undefeated season makes it even harder to leave after giving it just one go, they will want one more chance.

    Next years team will be special, they will once again blend the most talented of freshman with some vets and make a run at perfection. We've seen in the recent past that more goes into a decision to leave than some dollar bills, these kids were so close and they will all be back except for Karl and Willie.
    Bartender, two of what he's having...

  7. #52
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,574

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    they will all be back except for Karl and Willie.
    There's no way you really believe that.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,278

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Bartender, two of what he's having...
    I just drank some blue kool-aid and it was awesome.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,278

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    There's no way you really believe that.
    I have actually convinced myself that it's a scenario that could happen. Honestly Towns is the only one that is ready to play in the NBA. WCS already came back once and could potential continue to expose his weaknesses if he returns so I understand that he is gone as well. He isn't near ready for the league but I can justify him leaving.

    The remaining players I just don't feel confident in saying they will leave, they still have room to grow and are more than capable of boosting their stocks by returning. Could they all leave sure but I just don't think they will especially after ending the season the way they just did. Why is this so hard to believe.

    Look at what some guys in recent years have done that made the jump but weren't quite ready. Lamb is bouncing around everywhere. Young is bouncing back and forth from the D League and the NBA, he has had some great games for the Celts and the Red Claws and I agree that he will be fine but still. Orton never made it. Teague led the team to a title while running the point and he's struggling to make it. I understand you risk injury by coming back but I believe you also increase your chances greatly of making an NBA roster and cracking the rotation from day one. Getting sent to the D League is not something you want if you can avoid it. There's lots of talent in the D League and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Call ups don't always come easy, this year they've had a lot but it's not always that way.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Kantuckie
    Posts
    703

    Towns, Willie, Lyles gone for sure. Booker probably gone. I'm holding out hope for the Twins and Dakari. I feel like the Twins have more to prove and despite popular opinion, I believe they can improve their draft stock.

  11. #56
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    KAT, WCS, and the twins are definitely gone.

    Lyles, Booker, and Johnson are the ones I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'll say Lyles and Booker go, although Booker and Ulis are very close which may lead Booker to come back? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

    Dakari, Poythress, Ulis, and Lee all return. Pair them up with Skal, Matthews, Briscoe, and 3 other elite recruits (I'm guessing Zimmerman, Newman, and either Ingram or Brown).

  12. #57
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    I'm biased towards Booker, I very much admit that. If he came back, don't you think he could improve and play himself into a top 7-10 pick next year?

    I say that not looking at future draft boards or what next year's freshman class has overall besides Simmons and UK's players.

  13. #58
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    Gone for sure: WCS and KAT
    Most Likely: Lyles, Andrew
    Probably: Aaron, Booker
    Maybe: Poythress

  14. #59
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I'm biased towards Booker, I very much admit that. If he came back, don't you think he could improve and play himself into a top 7-10 pick next year?

    I say that not looking at future draft boards or what next year's freshman class has overall besides Simmons and UK's players.
    I would think both Lyles and Booker could play their way into top 10 picks, Lyles possibly top 5 next season, if they came back. Hard to turn down late lottery to mid-1st round though.

    One other thing with those two is neither needs money. Not really a deciding factor, but it's something that can't hurt.

  15. #60
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,186

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    KAT, WCS, and the twins are definitely gone.

    Lyles, Booker, and Johnson are the ones I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'll say Lyles and Booker go, although Booker and Ulis are very close which may lead Booker to come back? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

    Dakari, Poythress, Ulis, and Lee all return. Pair them up with Skal, Matthews, Briscoe, and 3 other elite recruits (I'm guessing Zimmerman, Newman, and either Ingram or Brown).
    Agree with pretty much all of this. Booker & Dakari are the two I'm least certain on.

Top