Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Page 9 of Originally Posted by LRCW Yet Pitino has a better winning percentage than Crum at Louisville. Yet he has accomplished less than Crum did Advertisement ... 225 comments | 11725 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,173

    I like Cronin and would be totally satisfied with him. But I'd like Archie Miller even more. Brad Stevens is ideal, but he probably isn't coming back to college.
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,816

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    I like Cronin and would be totally satisfied with him. But I'd like Archie Miller even more. Brad Stevens is ideal, but he probably isn't coming back to college.
    Cronin is OK in my book but not great. And his teams' offenses are almost impossible to watch. Either he cannot recruit good shooters or he turns good shooters into bad shooters...

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    east side of Chicago
    Posts
    631

    When the get rid of Rick I would say they will have the replacement already on board. It will be Mick or Sean or Archie!

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    At this point, I think Pitino coaches next year, the final year of his contract, and is done.
    U.L. does self-imposed sanctions to not participate in Post-season this year rather than next. They are hopeful the NCAA accepts and is not harsher. This accomplishes three things: 1). Attempted protection of Jurich and Ramsey's jobs; 2). Insure that Pitino has some personal punishment. He will be gone, and would have nothing but embarrassment (and we know he has teflon skin) if the punishment was for next year's post-season; 3). Allows for easier hiring of new coach and attracting recruits.

    IMO. NCAA is probably coming down much harder and there will be many heads fall.

  5. #125
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,856

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    U.L. does self-imposed sanctions to not participate in Post-season this year rather than next. They are hopeful the NCAA accepts and is not harsher. This accomplishes three things: 1). Attempted protection of Jurich and Ramsey's jobs; 2). Insure that Pitino has some personal punishment. He will be gone, and would have nothing but embarrassment (and we know he has teflon skin) if the punishment was for next year's post-season; 3). Allows for easier hiring of new coach and attracting recruits. IMO. NCAA is probably coming down much harder and there will be many heads fall.
    The NCAA is typically light on punishment but man they gotta law down on his this one. If Katina continues her media tour, it only gets worse.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,039

    I've been gone from this site for a few years and it's still the same stuff going on haha like I never missed a beat!

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    729

    Tony Bennett or Archie Miller

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,798

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtiger69 View Post
    I've been gone from this site for a few years and it's still the same stuff going on haha like I never missed a beat!
    It's better than Days of Our Lives

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    east side of Chicago
    Posts
    631

    How about Tom Wade of Oklahoma st as he is a Kentucky boy with a great resume

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    852

    Why would anybody want Cronin, what has he accomplished? I hope they can get Sean Miller, I would think he`d be top priorty,and Archie might be good also.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    7,358

    Bennett has done a great job at UVA. Hiring him might be aspirational by the UL folks. They may have to get an Archie Miller type guy on the way up. Not sure Cronin ever leaves UC.

    What about the Ole Miss coach? Andy Kennedy did a good job for UC in the interim job and at Ole Miss.

  12. #132
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,116

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    Bennett has done a great job at UVA. Hiring him might be aspirational by the UL folks. They may have to get an Archie Miller type guy on the way up. Not sure Cronin ever leaves UC.

    What about the Ole Miss coach? Andy Kennedy did a good job for UC in the interim job and at Ole Miss.
    If I had to pick three guys right now, Bennett is on the list. He, like the other two on that list, aren't going anywhere right now and they're certainly not coming to Louisville:

    1) Brad Stephens
    2) Shaka Smart
    3) Anthony Bennett

    It just ain't happening on those guys.

    So, count me among those that would like Louisville to take a nice, hard look at Xavier's Chris Mack.

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    7,358

    I think you have a better chance of getting Mack than Cronin. Mack is the better recruiter. Cronin is a Cincy kid. Hard to get those west siders to leave the metro area. Of the guys that I think UL could hire, Mack may be your best option, especially if Archie is holding out for NC State. No way Sean come to UL (he's waiting on UK).

  14. #134
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,768

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    I think you have a better chance of getting Mack than Cronin. Mack is the better recruiter. Cronin is a Cincy kid. Hard to get those west siders to leave the metro area. Of the guys that I think UL could hire, Mack may be your best option, especially if Archie is holding out for NC State. No way Sean come to UL (he's waiting on UK).
    Mack is more attractive to schools than Mick and it isn't close. Now, I understand that Jurich and Mick have a relationship, so they may well take a swing at him, but I don't see it. Make no mistake, I like Mick a lot as a person, he just isn't real marketable on the floor or off to other schools.

    Archie wants NC State, but I think he'd certainly prefer Louisville. Too many guys have to pass up on the Ville for it to get to Arch.

    Sean will end up at UK or UNC, based on who retires first.

  15. #135
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,292

    UofL needs to follow the UK Coaching Method of GGD

    Kentucky
    Great...Rupp
    Good...Hall
    Drunk...Sutton
    Great...Pitino
    Good...Smith
    Drunk...Gilespie
    Great...Calipari

    Louisville
    Great...Crum
    Good...Pitino
    Drunk... Need to find a Drunk for a year or two then go get the Great Coach you need

Top