West Virginia 83 Notre Dame 71

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    62,227

    West Virginia 83 Notre Dame 71

    Mountaineers earn the first Sweet 16 berth of the tournament.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    15,688

    Whoo hoo! Go WVA. Love seeing Beetle in the mix.

    Fun fact--WVA's Lamont West used to play AAU ball back in middle school with James Bolden, started at Withrow high school then went to a prep school in Atlanta.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    9,100

    Picked West Virginia to make it to the Sweet Sixteen.

  4. #4
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    8,420

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops5 View Post
    Whoo hoo! Go WVA. Love seeing Beetle in the mix.

    Fun fact--WVA's Lamont West used to play AAU ball back in middle school with James Bolden, started at Withrow high school then went to a prep school in Atlanta.
    Bolden didn't play today.

  5. #5
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,044

    Very solid performance from WVU today. They looked good.

  6. #6
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    15,688

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Bolden didn't play today.
    You are correct.

  7. #7
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,957

    I had Notre Dame. Not broken hearted over the loss.

  8. #8
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,374

    WVU looked very methodical today and hit every open shot it seemed. Crazy from behind the line, if not for their 3 point shooting today ND may have been able to get over the hump of getting close, but 3 after 3 fell and just sucked the wind out of the Irish. ND attempted more 3's than 2's which is exactly what WVU wants teams to do, WVU IMO played a near perfect game today.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Love ND but did not think this was one of their better teams recently. Why the teams in the ACC can't figure out how to beat them consistently in the regular season I don't know. But knew this was going to be a bad matchup for them because WV is pressure and more pressure. They are not the most consistent team but when they are "on" they get the job done.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Very solid performance from WVU today. They looked good.
    Looked very good. They hung tough the whole game answering every run the Irish made. Huggins coached a good pressing game.

  11. #11
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Deplorable
    Posts
    21,995

    Name:  IMG_0138.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  56.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0139.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  44.6 KB

    I did not realize Huggins was in Pee Wee's Big Adventure

  12. #12
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    7,797

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    Love ND but did not think this was one of their better teams recently. Why the teams in the ACC can't figure out how to beat them consistently in the regular season I don't know. But knew this was going to be a bad matchup for them because WV is pressure and more pressure. They are not the most consistent team but when they are "on" they get the job done.
    Because the ACC isn't as good as the media says it is.

  13. #13
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    Because the ACC isn't as good as the media says it is.
    What league is better?

  14. #14
    BIG BLACK JACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    3,257

  15. #15
    InItToWinIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    1,686

    Gotta be best defensive team right now. It drives their offense. Hope they beat Gonzaga!

Top