Page 3 of I know I have started a lot of posts today, but here is another. Update on signed C Mike Williams. This Cat runs the floor very, very well. His posts moves are good, and his hook shot is very smooth. Hustles and could crawl and beat Morris down the floor. http://uncutvideo.aol.com/users/kentuckysports/6a61a0a1fd696be65486607e6afd5ff8?index=0 --... 169 comments | 4511 Views | Go to page 1 →
- Apr 8, 07, 09:39 AM #41
- Apr 8, 07, 08:11 PM #42Originally Posted by Platinum
Austin HIll or Patrick Patterson?
I think everybody knows that answer.
Hill is a nice player but UK material.
- Apr 8, 07, 08:16 PM #43
- Apr 8, 07, 08:17 PM #44Originally Posted by Platinum
- Apr 8, 07, 08:22 PM #45Originally Posted by Wireman
- Apr 8, 07, 08:22 PM #46Originally Posted by sweet16
Last edited by Platinum; Apr 8, 07 at 08:27 PM.
- Apr 8, 07, 08:26 PM #47Originally Posted by $$East-Bank$$
I thought Austin Hill was going to NKU...
- Apr 8, 07, 08:27 PM #48Originally Posted by UKMustangFan
- Apr 8, 07, 08:29 PM #49Originally Posted by gametime
- Apr 8, 07, 10:12 PM #50
One recruitnik thinks UK is the leader for the services of Willie Warren, a 6-3 2G from Texas, who has been rated as one of the top 20 players in the country, in the class of 2008
He bases this off of the closeness the kid had with Gillispie when he was at A&M.
This is a breath of fresh air regarding recruiting for UK.
Throw in that UK will be tracking Steve Tchiengang, a top 40 6-8 swing from Houston, who said he will be interested in UK with Gillispie there.
One other is Romero Osby another 5 star, 6-8 swing from Meridian, MS.
None of these kids had interest in UK with Tubby at the helm, but immediately do now with Billy G there.
I would imagine Billy G will be making quite a few visits to Maysville, as well.
I think Billy G may be hiring one of the AAU coaches from Houston. For once UK may now actually be able to work some kids that have AAu ties, ones that Tubby hated doing bsiness with.
Last edited by letabrotherspeak; Apr 8, 07 at 10:20 PM.
- Apr 8, 07, 10:18 PM #51Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
- Apr 8, 07, 10:20 PM #52Originally Posted by gametime
- Apr 8, 07, 10:23 PM #53
- Apr 8, 07, 10:34 PM #54
- Join Date
- Aug 03
- Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
I look for him to finish out the rest of this class pretty solidly an then land a Big 08 class.
- Apr 8, 07, 10:42 PM #55
Word is that he spent Easter with the Lucas's in the afternoon and the Patterson's tonight.
The guy gets recruiting. Practically everyone has sung his praises regarding recruiting.
Billy G in an average month sends roughly 8,000 text messages a month.
- Apr 8, 07, 10:45 PM #56Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
- Apr 8, 07, 10:45 PM #57Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
- Apr 8, 07, 10:46 PM #58Originally Posted by strike-3
You think he has an assistant who just follows him around and texts as he dictates?
- Apr 8, 07, 10:50 PM #59Originally Posted by strike-3
- Apr 8, 07, 10:56 PM #60Originally Posted by UKPat02
Alvin Brooks, former HC at Houston, will probably follow him since A&M is likely to hire Turgeon.
Also getting a serious look is the guy that coaches the Houston AAU team that had the Jordan kid on it.
The stories about him and recruiting are endless. Bill Self said he is the best assistant he has ever had. He spoke of one story of leaving the office late one night and BG was still there starting to write potential recruits, personal letters. Next morning on Self's desk were 60 hand-writen letters and each were different.
The guy loves what he does and doesnt have a wife and so forth.
Something is wrong when you don't have anything in your refrigerator for 6 months.
Many bachelors can go a while with some condiments in there, but 6 months?
Bottom line, the guy gets it.