UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

Page 2 of KyKy Tandy is one of the most hyped players from KY in a while. Tandy holds offers from various D-1 schools across the country as is seen as a 4 star r... 143 comments | 4961 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Some act as if in-state talent going out of state is new. It's far from it.

    Jeff Mullins. AA at Duke in the 60's. Lexington guy.

    Vince Taylor, Lexington guy went to Duke in '80. (Because cats had Minnifield, Macy, Dwight Anderson and Shidler at guard.)

    Kenny Higgs went to LSU as did Durand Macklin. Both Louisville products that UK missed out on or didn't recruit. No one blamed Hall for it.

    How many Vandy players were from KY High Schools in the 70's, 80's and 90's. No one fussed about Hall or Sutton or Pitino not getting them or making room for them.
    I’m sure people fussed about it but there wasn’t twitter or Facebook around to see the fussing.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,021

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    My thing with KY guys. If there is a spot on the roster and they fit in, then great, happy to have them. But give me the best team possible and if there are no KY players for the next 10 years, so be it.
    Yep. You fill a roster with KY kids just because they are KY kids and you'll be out of a job.

  3. #18
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    I’ve seen plenty of reports that suggest Tandy is more than capable of playing at UK and I don’t mean in a Dominique Hawkins/Jarrod Polson/Derek Willis role.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,947

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I’m sure people fussed about it but there wasn’t twitter or Facebook around to see the fussing.
    True. But in the circles I was around, "The Cats Pause" Fanatics, there was never any shade being thrown at "missing out" on those guys.

  5. #20
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Yep. You fill a roster with KY kids just because they are KY kids and you'll be out of a job.
    You don’t have to fill a roster with KY kids but letting a KY kid go play out of state when he is good enough to play at UK is stupid.

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    You don’t have to fill a roster with KY kids but letting a KY kid go play out of state when he is good enough to play at UK is stupid.
    But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.

  7. #22
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The narrative of "UK/UL/WKU need to have in-state talent on their rosters" is one of the more annoying takes we hear annually for both football and basketball, IMO.
    The best players from Louisville pretty much always go to UL. The kids from the BG area would love to go to WKU and more often than not WKU looks stupid for passing on them.

  8. #23
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.
    False. Those are the dad’s comments. Don’t confuse the two. Tandy is pretty much begging for a UK offer.

  9. #24
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    True. But in the circles I was around, "The Cats Pause" Fanatics, there was never any shade being thrown at "missing out" on those guys.
    If Rex Chapman has gone to play out of state would there have been shade thrown?

  10. #25
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.
    And for the record I loved his dad’s comments and I am enjoying the overreaction to them.

  11. #26
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    False. Those are the dad’s comments. Don’t confuse the two. Tandy is pretty much begging for a UK offer.
    And everything I've seen seems to indicate that's it's going to come eventually. If he's not willing to wait on it, I completely get it.

    Point is, even if he is much more capable than the recent KY kids to come to Lexington, he's going to be competing for time with 3-4 other guards that are or were all more highly regarded.

    Now if he doesn't share his Dad's opinion, great, but I'd be willing to bet his Dad has a good idea of KyKy's thought process on it.

  12. #27
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    And for the record I loved his dad’s comments and I am enjoying the overreaction to them.
    I have zero issue with them either. I like the bluntness and the honesty.

    I haven't seen much/any overreaction. It is what it is. They know what the situation will be at Kentucky. If that's not what's best for him, that's cool. He's gotta do what's best for him.

  13. #28
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    And everything I've seen seems to indicate that's it's going to come eventually. If he's not willing to wait on it, I completely get it.

    Point is, even if he is much more capable than the recent KY kids to come to Lexington, he's going to be competing for time with 3-4 other guards that are or were all more highly regarded.

    Now if he doesn't share his Dad's opinion, great, but I'd be willing to bet his Dad has a good idea of KyKy's thought process on it.
    Could be. Dad is a UK fan and seems frustrated with the process. I get that. Dad probably also wants his son as close to home as possible. I get that too.

  14. #29
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I have zero issue with them either. I like the bluntness and the honesty.

    I haven't seen much/any overreaction. It is what it is. They know what the situation will be at Kentucky. If that's not what's best for him, that's cool. He's gotta do what's best for him.
    Twitter is always good for reactions. Tandy put out a tweet yesterday saying that his dad isn’t Lavar Ball he just wants the best for him.

  15. #30
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,525

    Working and living in KY if I had a dime for every time a kid left the state and performed extremely well for any school not named UK and a UK fan said, “we should have gotten him for us, we need him” then I’d own KSR, BGP and would be deleting old tweets about my rivals in preparation for a career change.

Top