UCLA Menís Basketball Players Arrested

Page 10 of LiAngelo Ball among the three taken into custody for shoplifting. Bruins Arrested in China- ESPN... 190 comments | 3726 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,474

    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Will UCLA kick them off the team?
    Probably not. My luck as a UC fan is that they’ll be suspended and UC will be their first game back and they’ll come out on fire wanting to prove something.
    Advertisement

  2. #137
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,474

    According to this article, the players are returning to the US.

    UCLA Bruins players detained in China are set to return to United States

  3. #138
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,287

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    According to this article, the players are returning to the US.

    UCLA Bruins players detained in China are set to return to United States
    And there it is, no lesson learned because they're getting off with a slap on the wrist.

    From the article:
    An anonymous U.S. official told The Washington Post that charges against the three players have been reduced.

    A source told ESPN's Arash Markazi that there is surveillance footage of the players shoplifting from three stores inside a high-end shopping center, which houses Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Salvatore Ferragamo stores.

  4. #139
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,983

    They should be kicked off the team.

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Well Trump did ask the Chinese Leader to intervene. I guess he did.

    Its my guess they will be stars now at UCLA and parade around like look at me, I stole from China and nothing happened.

  6. #141
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,335

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    And there it is, no lesson learned because they're getting off with a slap on the wrist.

    From the article:
    An anonymous U.S. official told The Washington Post that charges against the three players have been reduced.

    A source told ESPN's Arash Markazi that there is surveillance footage of the players shoplifting from three stores inside a high-end shopping center, which houses Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Salvatore Ferragamo stores.
    We need to see that video!!! I just want to see how strong their lifting game is.

  7. #142
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,474

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    We need to see that video!!! I just want to see how strong their lifting game is.
    You've seen enough I'm sure that you can get us a solid rating!

  8. #143
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,335

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    You've seen enough I'm sure that you can get us a solid rating!
    I'm just curious if they were all slick stealing or just stupid obvious about it.

  9. #144
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,983

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I'm just curious if they were all slick stealing or just stupid obvious about it.
    When you're a 7 foot black man surrounded by 5 foot Chinese men, it's stupid obvious any way you slice it.

  10. #145
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,335

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    When you're a 7 foot black man surrounded by 5 foot Chinese men, it's stupid obvious any way you slice it.
    Maybe Yao Ming was there!

  11. #146

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    When you're a 7 foot black man surrounded by 5 foot Chinese men, it's stupid obvious any way you slice it.
    Stereotyping.
    It got Dr. Seuss in trouble.

  12. #147

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,429

    Jayson Williams said at halftime of the Duke-MSU game they should get a 2 game suspension by UCLA. Seth Greenberg about had a stroke. He said they should not play a game this year. It will be interesting what UCLA does. I do think they were very lucky Trump just happened to be in China last week. He was able to ask the Chinese President face to face to help out. That had to help...

  13. #148
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,319

    Name:  NBA Steals.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  36.7 KB

  14. #149
    MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    'can you keep it down? I'm trying to drink." - Don Draper
    Posts
    4,695

    One year suspension, no loss of scholarship.

  15. #150
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,335

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM View Post
    One year suspension, no loss of scholarship.
    Is that your recommendation or what has been announced?

Top