Thoughts and Opinions on the NCAA Tournament Bracket/Field

Page 2 of Personally I feel as if Arizona is gonna have a pretty easy path to the Final Four, Duke also has a fairly easy path to the Elite 8, and Villanova shou... 98 comments | 2739 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,351

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Seems like Wichita State got that shaft with their seed.
    RPI is a bear when you can't game it right. Dayton is doomed in that game.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,290

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Seems like Wichita State got that shaft with their seed.
    Maybe they did, but I don't really see it.

    They've beaten Illinois State twice, LSU & Oklahoma. That's it. Everyone else they've played that's even average they've lost to.

  3. #18
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,744

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Maybe they did, but I don't really see it.

    They've beaten Illinois State twice, LSU & Oklahoma. That's it. Everyone else they've played that's even average they've lost to.
    I was looking at the following stats that makes them seem better than a 10 seed:

    Ranked 20th in the AP poll
    1 of only 10 teams in the country that rank in the top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency
    30-4 record

    Will admit, didn't look at their schedule at all.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,638

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Maybe they did, but I don't really see it.

    They've beaten Illinois State twice, LSU & Oklahoma. That's it. Everyone else they've played that's even average they've lost to.
    Have you seen them play? This team is very, very good. Vegas has them favored over the six seed by 6.5!

  5. #20
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,290

    Illinois State coach has some twitter game....

    Dan Muller‏Verified account @danMuller 45m45 minutes ago

    ACC BIG 10 BIG 12 SEC PAC 12 BIG EAST. It's me again. Looking 4 home & home next year. Pls call me 4 chance 4 QUALITY road win, top 33 RPI

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Has UK ever been in a bracket that you didn't think was the toughest?
    So you think they are in an easy bracket this year? To answer your question, yes, when they were the overall #1 seed.

  7. #22
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,744

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Has UK ever been in a bracket that you didn't think was the toughest?
    Agreed. UK fans say it every year and it gets a little annoying.

    In response, when was the last time they were in a bracket that all the talking heads thought might be the easiest?

    In the end, you gotta beat good teams and then really good teams to win it all.

  8. #23
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,290

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SHERIFF View Post
    Have you seen them play? This team is very, very good. Vegas has them favored over the six seed by 6.5!
    Have watched parts of multiple games. They're a good team, but they aren't anything special IMO. They'll have their hands full with Dayton.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Agreed. UK fans say it every year and it gets a little annoying.

    In response, when was the last time they were in a bracket that all the talking heads thought might be the easiest?

    In the end, you gotta beat good teams and then really good teams to win it all.
    Facts tend to back it up though, hate when that happens. Do me a favor, show me the facts that prove to you that UK is not in the toughest bracket this year. Seems that all the talking heads are saying the same thing on ESPN etc. too.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,005

    Once again KY gets the hardest road to Final 4. Why the NCAA continues to kill their cash cow is beyond me. UK sends many more fans to games than any team. But yet other blueblood teams get a pass.

  11. #26
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,744

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Facts tend to back it up though, hate when that happens. Do me a favor, show me the facts that prove to you that UK is not in the toughest bracket this year. Seems that all the talking heads are saying the same thing on ESPN etc. too.
    I'm not saying they aren't in the toughest region this year. I'm saying it's annoying how UK fans whine about it every year.

    One of the reasons Kentucky is often in the toughest bracket is because usually UK is one of the main reasons its the toughest.

  12. #27
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    38,100

    Wichita State has a higher scoring margin differential in-conference compared to their team that started 34-0. They are much improved since the start of the season and have rolled through the conference tilt winning virtually every game in blowout fashion. I am not saying they should have been a 3 seed, but a 6 or 7 would have been much more appropriate.

  13. #28
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    So you think they are in an easy bracket this year? To answer your question, yes, when they were the overall #1 seed.
    I didn't say their bracket was easy. But your posts smell of the guy that is going to complain regardless of how UK is seeded and who is in their bracket.

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,290

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Wichita State has a higher scoring margin differential in-conference compared to their team that started 34-0. They are much improved since the start of the season and have rolled through the conference tilt winning virtually every game in blowout fashion. I am not saying they should have been a 3 seed, but a 6 or 7 would have been much more appropriate.
    Okay. Let's flip the seeds then. Dayton should've been more like a 10 and Wichita is the 7. What does that actually change?

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,290

    I think if you look at the top 3 seeds in each bracket, the South probably has the toughest. Outside of that, the South region is pretty weak IMO.

Top