Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

  1. #1
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    42,503

    Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

    This one shows even more,that the Cats can run fast and make some pretty dunks, but when it comes to the game of basketball they fall way short.21.4% from three point land. Most mid majors shoot way better.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,891

    UK hold on defense and has the ball up two. SGA turns it over and the go down and watch a UT player shoot a three in his face. SGA dribbles into trouble and turns it over again and a UT players run right by Knox, who just watches, for a dunk. Game boiled down to two possessions, and SGA turns it over on both.

  3. #3
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,891

    This team does not deserves the NCAA tourney.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    The problem with this team most of the year has been defense. The defense the last 2 games has been much better. Sadly the offense has been very bad though.

    I think Cal seen tonight that we need Green and Alexander on the floor together more. Richards played better. Still 3 more weeks to get it all put together. However I do think we are looking at being a 7 through a 10 seed eventually.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    This team does not deserves the NCAA tourney.
    Why not? It's always funny to me when people say that. A top 25 team losses and now as you said in the update thread they are NIT bound. This team will be in the tournament and will deserve to be there. Now their seed won't be that great.

  6. #6
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,991

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    This one shows even more,that the Cats can run fast and make some pretty dunks, but when it comes to the game of basketball they fall way short.21.4% from three point land. Most mid majors shoot way better.
    Actually, they can't run fast. They get no transition baskets, which they really need since they are so bad in the half court offense. But to get transition points you have to be good on defense and get stops.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    UK hold on defense and has the ball up two. SGA turns it over and the go down and watch a UT player shoot a three in his face. SGA dribbles into trouble and turns it over again and a UT players run right by Knox, who just watches, for a dunk. Game boiled down to two possessions, and SGA turns it over on both.
    Yeah pretty much. If you asked anyone before the game who we would want to have the ball in their hands at the end it would have been SGA. He made two huge mistakes though. Up until then he has been very reliable at end of games.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Actually, they can't run fast. They get no transition baskets, which they really need since they are so bad in the half court offense. But to get transition points you have to be good on defense and get stops.
    I think the defense has gotten a lot better. Beginning of the year this team couldn't play man to save their lives. The last few games they been much better. The defense was the only reason this game was close. We just don't have anyone besides SGA who is even good on a fast break.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,687

    I thought the Cats fought hard in this one. 2 or 3 poor transition defensive plays killed us. We are a very good freshman team, but just not ready for prime time. We simply struggle vs stronger more physical type teams that are disciplined.

  10. #10
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,035

    Just awful basketball. Can anyone have fun watching this? It’s like stabbing my eye balls with a steak knife.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,138

    I know it's a 50/50 call but I thought Cal should have called TO to set up a play at the end. The team is so young. I felt they need some guidance rather than SGA driving into 3 UT defenders and losing the ball.

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,991

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I think the defense has gotten a lot better. Beginning of the year this team couldn't play man to save their lives. The last few games they been much better. The defense was the only reason this game was close. We just don't have anyone besides SGA who is even good on a fast break.
    I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

    Other stats of note:

    #230 in field goals attempted
    #347 in 3 point field goals attempted
    #214 in assists
    #207 in turnovers
    #244 in free throw percent

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,991

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    I know it's a 50/50 call but I thought Cal should have called TO to set up a play at the end. The team is so young. I felt they need some guidance rather than SGA driving into 3 UT defenders and losing the ball.
    Not Cal's strong suit. He is better off letting it be unorganized and hope one of his talented guys make the play. Just look at the inbounds plays UK runs versus the inbounds plays run by any UK opponent.

  14. #14
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,891

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

    Other stats of note:

    #230 in field goals attempted
    #347 in 3 point field goals attempted
    #214 in assists
    #207 in turnovers
    #244 in free throw percent
    And this team belongs in the top 68? I don't see how.

  15. #15
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,919

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    This team does not deserves the NCAA tourney.
    They’re not going to get in IMO. They will have to beat someone they shouldn’t moving forward. If they lose all those road games, they’re doomed.

Top