St. Bonaventure 65 UCLA 58

  1. #1
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,573

    St. Bonaventure 65 UCLA 58

    Really fun game as the Bonnies win an NCAA game for the first time since 1970.

    Courtney Stockard put up 26! points for SBU in the victory.

    Will play Florida on Thursday night in Dallas.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,427

    Was a fun game to watch. The Bonnies and Florida should be a good one to watch.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,506

    This was a really great game to watch! I expect a few more like this, this edition of madness. Lots of parity this season.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,687

    UCLA played like a team w/o much chemistry. U G L Y

  5. #5
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,573

    Quote Originally Posted by jlow View Post
    UCLA played like a team w/o much chemistry. U G L Y
    They looked like they’d never seen a zone before.

    Honestly, the guys in the postgame seemed to suggest that there aren’t any teams in the PAC-12 that play it. Probably hurt the Bruins if true.

    Then again, the Bonnies have only lost once since January 19. They’ve been playing really well and they’ve absolutely got the team to pull another win on Thursday.

  6. #6
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    40,987

    Love seeing this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,112

    I was yelling at the TV last night. UCLA looked to be the worst passing team in college basketball history. They had 10 turnovers in the first 10-11 minutes. Just stupid pass after stupid pass. Not surprised they lost after watching that.

  8. #8
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,211

    Bonnies up 58-51 & UCLA comes back to tie it. I thought the Bruins would keep going and escape with a win, but St. Bonaventure scored the last 7 thanks to some really dumb UCLA turnovers.

    Fun game to watch and I was glad of the outcome.

  9. #9
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,186

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Really fun game as the Bonnies win an NCAA game for the first time since 1970.

    Courtney Stockard put up 26! points for SBU in the victory.

    Will play Florida on Thursday night in Dallas.
    The Bonnies of 1970. When they had what would become the biggest "feets" in the NBA, those of Bob Lanier.

  10. #10
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,026

    I tuned in with about ten minutes to go in the first half with UCLA up 20-18, or something like that. Both teams were dreadful from there ending the half with the Bonnies up 28-23. It was miserable to watch. That said, I picked the Bonnies to go to the Sweet 16. Not sure why

  11. #11
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,573

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I tuned in with about ten minutes to go in the first half with UCLA up 20-18, or something like that. Both teams were dreadful from there ending the half with the Bonnies up 28-23. It was miserable to watch. That said, I picked the Bonnies to go to the Sweet 16. Not sure why
    I don’t care what league you’re in, one loss in a month and a half is no joke. I don’t know if they can beat Florida, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t put up quite a fight.

  12. #12
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,026

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    I don’t care what league you’re in, one loss in a month and a half is no joke. I don’t know if they can beat Florida, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t put up quite a fight.
    I have zero faith in Florida.

  13. #13
    DukeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Harrisonburg via Hebron. GCL South apologist.
    Posts
    270

    Wooo Bonnies! I'm sure Woj is happy!

Top