South Carolina 88 Duke 81

Page 8 of Final Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 170 comments | 4369 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Would you trade a few deep runs in the tourney for first round exits if it meant Cal had 3 rings at UK instead of one? I absolutely would.

    And as much as I love Cal, let's not forget, he has a year of not even making the tourney at UK.
    I would too. I would also criticize the early exits if he had the 1 or 2 seed and had the early losses in the round of 64 and 32 also.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,018

    Cal>K or Cal<K?

    Meh.

  3. #108
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    37 years vs 7, but I guess I'm the only one that knows the difference.
    Or, you're the only one playing by your rules.

    5 in 37 years

    vs.

    1 in 25 years

    Number of years at a school is a pointless argument.

    And I love Cal.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Or, you're the only one playing by your rules.

    5 in 37 years

    vs.

    1 in 25 years

    Number of years at a school is a pointless argument.

    And I love Cal.
    Number of years at the same school is not pointless. Actually it's an advantage, huge advantage because you don't have to keep building different programs. Do you think it's easier to have to rebuild 4 different programs or to build one program? To say it is no difference is silly.

  5. #110
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Number of years at the same school is not pointless. Actually it's an advantage, huge advantage because you don't have to keep building different programs. Do you think it's easier to have to rebuild 4 different programs or to build one program? To say it is no difference is silly.
    It's easier to stay at one the whole time.

    Who does Cal have to blame for going to three different programs? Himself. Lessening Coach K's 5 rings because he stayed at the same school is just a dumb argument.

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    It's easier to stay at one the whole time.

    Who does Cal have to blame for going to three different programs? Himself. Lessening Coach K's 5 rings because he stayed at the same school is just a dumb argument.
    I didn't say it's easier to stay at one the whole time, I said it's easier to only have to build 1 program than it is to build 4. Again, I never lessened K's 5 rings, you keep putting words in my mouth while you continue to ignore the entire take of my original post and that is his early tournament exits get no mention and he gets no blame for those and you only prove my point.

  7. #112

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    This just in, Coach K has suspended Grayson Allen for the remiainder of the tournament due to his aggression's on the court.

  8. #113
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    I didn't say it's easier to stay at one the whole time, I said it's easier to only have to build 1 program than it is to build 4. Again, I never lessened K's 5 rings, you keep putting words in my mouth while you continue to ignore the entire take of my original post and that is his early tournament exits get no mention and he gets no blame for those and you only prove my point.
    I didn't ignore the point of your original post. I said that when you have 5 rings, the second most in history, the early exits really just don't matter as much.

    Call that proving your point all you want. He has five championship rings. When some gets five rings without the early round exits, they can dethrone him.

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I didn't ignore the point of your original post. I said that when you have 5 rings, the second most in history, the early exits really just don't matter as much.

    Call that proving your point all you want. He has five championship rings. When some gets five rings without the early round exits, they can dethrone him.
    Well when I say he doesn't get criticized for having the most early exits in tournament history when seeded as a 2 or higher and you and everyone else says "the early exits just don't matter" is pretty much saying exactly what I said.
    My point all along.

  10. #115
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Well when I say he doesn't get criticized for having the most early exits in tournament history when seeded as a 2 or higher and you and everyone else says "the early exits just don't matter" is pretty much saying exactly what I said.
    My point all along.
    And your point all along, still doesn't matter.

    5 rings is what matters.

  11. #116
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Again, I never said the rings don't mean anything. If we are talking about the most rings ever then why can't we talk about the most early exits ever?
    He has the most rings ever!!! That's why he gets a break on the early exits!! Is it really that hard to understand?

  12. #117
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,555

    SEC! SEC!

  13. #118
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself."
    Posts
    6,582

    Frank Martin is a coaching stud.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    He has the most rings ever!!! That's why he gets a break on the early exits!! Is it really that hard to understand?
    Not hard at all to understand why those who worship him don't criticize him. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism or others aren't allowed to. I think he's given too many excuses year in and year out for falling on his face with one of the most talented teams in the country at the rapid rate that he does. The fact that he has the most early round exits for a 2 seed or higher speaks for itself. That is all.

  15. #120
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,244

    ^Jay Wright is right there with him, and he only has 1 title. If any coach has been given a pass for his tournament failings, it sure isn't Coach K, it's Wright.

Top