South Carolina 88 Duke 81

Page 11 of Final Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 170 comments | 4381 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #151
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    7,055

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    I don't think that most people did.
    This guy did!
    Advertisement

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,485

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    If Cal had five titles, I absolutely can sit here and say that.
    You might have jumped off a bridge after the 4th .. lol

  3. #153

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,485

    Old Rats a great coach, no doubt . His record speaks for its self . But .... Lol BUT , its the hypocrisy of the natl' media and the national slurpfest that just gets annoying as heck. His ability to win is only surpassed by his ability to discover the most crybaby , annoying, unlikable basketball players in the nation .
    They get so hugely protected by the zebra's it hard to beat them. That adds to the dislike also . Did I mention flopping ?

  4. #154
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    12,748

    An interesting stat, moderately germane to this thread and where it has meandered off to. Since the 2005 NCAA Tourney, through the 2016 tourney (not including the first two rounds of this one:, here are the "against the spread" winning percentage of NCAA Coaches (ranked by profit had you bet $100 on every game) [I included coaches with 12 plus games, with the additions of Mick and Tubby for local relevance]:

    1. Billy Donovan (30 games) covered 66.7% of the time.
    2. John Beilein (19 games) covered 73.7% of the time.
    3. Brad Stevens (16 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    4. Sean Miller (25 games) covered 64.0% of the time.
    5. Chris Mack (12 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    8. John Calipari (44 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    9. Gregg Marshall (17 games) covered 64.7% of the time.
    11. Roy Williams (37 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    17. Matt Painter (16 games) covered 62.5% of the time.
    18. Bo Ryan (26 games) covered 57.7% of the time.
    19. Rick Pitino (30 games) covered 56.7% of the time.
    22. Jim Boeheim (25 games) covered 56.0% of the time.
    28. Bob Huggins (16 games) covered 56.3% of the time.
    35. Tom Izzo (32 games) covered 53.1% of the time.
    38. Jim Calhoun (17 games) covered 52.9% of the time.
    39. Bill Self (37 games) covered 51.4% of the time.
    45. Bruce Pearl (16 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    47. Coach K (32 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    53. Mick Cronin (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    60. Tubby Smith (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    62. Jay Wright (27 games) covered 48.1% of the time.
    63. Tom Crean (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    70. Scott Drew (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    71. Steve Alford (12 games) covered 41.7% of the time.
    76. John Thompson III (17 games) covered 41.2% of the time.
    77. Ben Howland (21 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    78. Mark Few (25 games) covered 44.0% of the time.
    81. Mike Brey (16 games) covered 31.3% of the time.
    82. Rick Barnes (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    83. Jamie Dixon (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    84. Thad Matta (27 games) covered 37.0% of the time.

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    An interesting stat, moderately germane to this thread and where it has meandered off to. Since the 2005 NCAA Tourney, through the 2016 tourney (not including the first two rounds of this one:, here are the "against the spread" winning percentage of NCAA Coaches (ranked by profit had you bet $100 on every game) [I included coaches with 12 plus games, with the additions of Mick and Tubby for local relevance]:

    1. Billy Donovan (30 games) covered 66.7% of the time.
    2. John Beilein (19 games) covered 73.7% of the time.
    3. Brad Stevens (16 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    4. Sean Miller (25 games) covered 64.0% of the time.
    5. Chris Mack (12 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    8. John Calipari (44 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    9. Gregg Marshall (17 games) covered 64.7% of the time.
    11. Roy Williams (37 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    17. Matt Painter (16 games) covered 62.5% of the time.
    18. Bo Ryan (26 games) covered 57.7% of the time.
    19. Rick Pitino (30 games) covered 56.7% of the time.
    22. Jim Boeheim (25 games) covered 56.0% of the time.
    28. Bob Huggins (16 games) covered 56.3% of the time.
    35. Tom Izzo (32 games) covered 53.1% of the time.
    38. Jim Calhoun (17 games) covered 52.9% of the time.
    39. Bill Self (37 games) covered 51.4% of the time.
    45. Bruce Pearl (16 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    47. Coach K (32 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    53. Mick Cronin (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    60. Tubby Smith (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    62. Jay Wright (27 games) covered 48.1% of the time.
    63. Tom Crean (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    70. Scott Drew (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    71. Steve Alford (12 games) covered 41.7% of the time.
    76. John Thompson III (17 games) covered 41.2% of the time.
    77. Ben Howland (21 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    78. Mark Few (25 games) covered 44.0% of the time.
    81. Mike Brey (16 games) covered 31.3% of the time.
    82. Rick Barnes (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    83. Jamie Dixon (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    84. Thad Matta (27 games) covered 37.0% of the time.
    Interesting.

  6. #156
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself."
    Posts
    6,582

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    An interesting stat, moderately germane to this thread and where it has meandered off to. Since the 2005 NCAA Tourney, through the 2016 tourney (not including the first two rounds of this one:, here are the "against the spread" winning percentage of NCAA Coaches (ranked by profit had you bet $100 on every game) [I included coaches with 12 plus games, with the additions of Mick and Tubby for local relevance]:

    1. Billy Donovan (30 games) covered 66.7% of the time.
    2. John Beilein (19 games) covered 73.7% of the time.
    3. Brad Stevens (16 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    4. Sean Miller (25 games) covered 64.0% of the time.
    5. Chris Mack (12 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    8. John Calipari (44 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    9. Gregg Marshall (17 games) covered 64.7% of the time.
    11. Roy Williams (37 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    17. Matt Painter (16 games) covered 62.5% of the time.
    18. Bo Ryan (26 games) covered 57.7% of the time.
    19. Rick Pitino (30 games) covered 56.7% of the time.
    22. Jim Boeheim (25 games) covered 56.0% of the time.
    28. Bob Huggins (16 games) covered 56.3% of the time.
    35. Tom Izzo (32 games) covered 53.1% of the time.
    38. Jim Calhoun (17 games) covered 52.9% of the time.
    39. Bill Self (37 games) covered 51.4% of the time.
    45. Bruce Pearl (16 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    47. Coach K (32 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    53. Mick Cronin (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    60. Tubby Smith (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    62. Jay Wright (27 games) covered 48.1% of the time.
    63. Tom Crean (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    70. Scott Drew (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    71. Steve Alford (12 games) covered 41.7% of the time.
    76. John Thompson III (17 games) covered 41.2% of the time.
    77. Ben Howland (21 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    78. Mark Few (25 games) covered 44.0% of the time.
    81. Mike Brey (16 games) covered 31.3% of the time.
    82. Rick Barnes (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    83. Jamie Dixon (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    84. Thad Matta (27 games) covered 37.0% of the time.

    Billy will make you a "milly"; Matta won't make you" squatta" !!!

  7. #157
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    You might have jumped off a bridge after the 4th .. lol
    Nah. I don't take it as seriously as you guys do.

  8. #158
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    49,718

    I tried to read this but overheated. What exactly are we saying here?

  9. #159
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,181

    For those complaining about the block call when Kennard drove late it was the correct call. The rule clearly says the defender cannot be moving forward. SC's defender got in position and then moved forward when Kennard started his shot.

    Kennard got a rough call on his 5th foul. Not sure how he fouled with the offensive player backing into him.

  10. #160
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,730

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    For those complaining about the block call when Kennard drove late it was the correct call. The rule clearly says the defender cannot be moving forward. SC's defender got in position and then moved forward when Kennard started his shot.

    Kennard got a rough call on his 5th foul. Not sure how he fouled with the offensive player backing into him.
    I agree on the block call, the defender was still stepping up when Kennard left his feet. Didn't see the 5th foul.

  11. #161
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    49,718

    Hard to believe there was a sketchy call in the NCAA Tournament.

  12. #162
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,003

    Still smiling!

  13. #163

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    Mounted on a .50 cal in the Holy Land
    Posts
    317

    This is exactly how you can measure the greatest of Coach K and DUKE since he has been there.. When everyone is so happy to see them lose and, they try their hardest to come up with reasons they aren't that good i.e.( Billy and Patriots )

  14. #164
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    40,590

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    An interesting stat, moderately germane to this thread and where it has meandered off to. Since the 2005 NCAA Tourney, through the 2016 tourney (not including the first two rounds of this one:, here are the "against the spread" winning percentage of NCAA Coaches (ranked by profit had you bet $100 on every game) [I included coaches with 12 plus games, with the additions of Mick and Tubby for local relevance]:

    1. Billy Donovan (30 games) covered 66.7% of the time.
    2. John Beilein (19 games) covered 73.7% of the time.
    3. Brad Stevens (16 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    4. Sean Miller (25 games) covered 64.0% of the time.
    5. Chris Mack (12 games) covered 75.0% of the time.
    8. John Calipari (44 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    9. Gregg Marshall (17 games) covered 64.7% of the time.
    11. Roy Williams (37 games) covered 56.8% of the time.
    17. Matt Painter (16 games) covered 62.5% of the time.
    18. Bo Ryan (26 games) covered 57.7% of the time.
    19. Rick Pitino (30 games) covered 56.7% of the time.
    22. Jim Boeheim (25 games) covered 56.0% of the time.
    28. Bob Huggins (16 games) covered 56.3% of the time.
    35. Tom Izzo (32 games) covered 53.1% of the time.
    38. Jim Calhoun (17 games) covered 52.9% of the time.
    39. Bill Self (37 games) covered 51.4% of the time.
    45. Bruce Pearl (16 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    47. Coach K (32 games) covered 50.0% of the time.
    53. Mick Cronin (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    60. Tubby Smith (9 games) covered 44.4% of the time.
    62. Jay Wright (27 games) covered 48.1% of the time.
    63. Tom Crean (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    70. Scott Drew (14 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    71. Steve Alford (12 games) covered 41.7% of the time.
    76. John Thompson III (17 games) covered 41.2% of the time.
    77. Ben Howland (21 games) covered 42.9% of the time.
    78. Mark Few (25 games) covered 44.0% of the time.
    81. Mike Brey (16 games) covered 31.3% of the time.
    82. Rick Barnes (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    83. Jamie Dixon (19 games) covered 31.6% of the time.
    84. Thad Matta (27 games) covered 37.0% of the time.
    Assuming these numbers are correct and I gave no reason to believe that they arent...any one else shocked that Cal has coached more NCAA games, by a lot, than any other coach?

  15. #165
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    12,748

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Assuming these numbers are correct and I gave no reason to believe that they arent...any one else shocked that Cal has coached more NCAA games, by a lot, than any other coach?
    They are correct, not including this year's tourney, and this is just since 2005. I'm not surprised at all, but I do think as much of the story of that ranking is the number of games coached in the Dance in this 12 year span.

Top