South Carolina 76 Kentucky 68

Page 2 of Final tough loss. Just wilted the last 10 minutes.... 93 comments | 3489 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    69,364

    They stink.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,191

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Just have to hope Cal can keep this team together. Then see what happens in March.
    I probably will have to keep saying this. But this is no different than most of his teams in January who look bad and very bad at times on the road in conference play. If last year's team could lose 3 out of 4 in conference including two blow out losses by 22 and 16. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen to this team during this stretch.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,191

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    59 fouls and 78 total FT's outscored 33-11 down the stretch. This makes the game at home Saturday with Florida even more important than it already was.
    Eh it's another game. I don't view it as this huge must win game.

  4. #19
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,111

    Besides Vanderbilt, only other silver lining is that Knox hit a 3 to keep the streak alive.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,191

    Green who is one of their better shooters didn't play. Alexander played with 4 fouls the last 10 minutes, so didn't get much defensively from him in last 10 mins. Gabriel their most experienced player fouled out with 10 mins left. Vanderbilt who may be their best player honestly had his first game tonight. He is only going to get better especially once he gets his legs under him. Knox seems to have listened and is starting to go inside more. As frustrating as it is to see them lose a game up 14. It's part of the process. Cals teams struggle in January in conference. They do basically every year. This team is showing more signs each game imo. Vanderbilt with the little bit he played tonight makes me even more confident they will be at their best come tourney time. Now I think they will end up being a seed like a 4 through a 6. But will be a very dangerous team to play.

  6. #21
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,520

    Someone correct me if Iím wrong but this team had 6 passes intercepted and converted into easy SC layups. Thatís 12 points! Thatís unacceptable. Telegraphing and making lazy passes hurt them tonight as much as anything.
    And I agree, they really missed not having Green.

  7. #22
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,930

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Green who is one of their better shooters didn't play. Alexander played with 4 fouls the last 10 minutes, so didn't get much defensively from him in last 10 mins. Gabriel their most experienced player fouled out with 10 mins left. Vanderbilt who may be their best player honestly had his first game tonight. He is only going to get better especially once he gets his legs under him. Knox seems to have listened and is starting to go inside more. As frustrating as it is to see them lose a game up 14. It's part of the process. Cals teams struggle in January in conference. They do basically every year. This team is showing more signs each game imo. Vanderbilt with the little bit he played tonight makes me even more confident they will be at their best come tourney time. Now I think they will end up being a seed like a 4 through a 6. But will be a very dangerous team to play.
    They are definitely ( showing more signs each game) alright, signs that they are not very good, period, as a life long cats fan this is hard to watch. Iím not seeing what some of you guys see looking through your blue colored glasses. Itís time to stop making excuses for this bunch. They are lazy, weak, and uninspired. Vanderbilt look promising and Richards FINALLY did show up, but Iíll be surprised if this bunch is any better in March.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,191

    Quote Originally Posted by rookie57 View Post
    They are definitely ( showing more signs each game) alright, signs that they are not very good, period, as a life long cats fan this is hard to watch. I’m not seeing what some of you guys see looking through your blue colored glasses. It’s time to stop making excuses for this bunch. They are lazy, weak, and uninspired. Vanderbilt look promising and Richards FINALLY did show up, but I’ll be surprised if this bunch is any better in March.
    You probably will be surprised then. I'm pretty sure I have heard similar stuff 3 out of the last 4 years.

  9. #24
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,930

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You probably will be surprised then. I'm pretty sure I have heard similar stuff 3 out of the last 4 years.
    I hope your correct, I really do.

  10. #25
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,550

    No guard depth. Average PG play. Toughness issues. Too many of the same players clogging the roster. No elite NBA talent to bail them out when necessary.

    Yeah. Nothing to see here. Carry on...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,191

    Quote Originally Posted by rookie57 View Post
    I hope your correct, I really do.
    Well you were wrong about last year's team and your second round prediction. Let's hope you're wrong again

  12. #27
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,930

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Well you were wrong about last year's team and your second round prediction. Let's hope you're wrong again
    Been wrong before, will be again, not to proud to admit when I am.

  13. #28
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Bad loss. You have to win when you're up 14 in the 2nd half.

    That being said, they are going to be fine.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    Poor coaching.

  15. #30
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Poor coaching.
    Interesting point. How so? Let's hear some examples.

Top