RJ Hampton reclassifies for 2019

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,638

    RJ Hampton reclassifies for 2019

    RJ Hampton has reclassified for the 2019 basketball season and has cut Duke from his college choices. He's down to Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and Texas Tech.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,189

    Memphis being on the list makes me think they are the favorite.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,444

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    RJ Hampton has reclassified for the 2019 basketball season and has cut Duke from his college choices. He's down to Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and Texas Tech.
    My guess is he ends up at Memphis. I think Johnny Juzang commits to UK in the next day or two and that probably all but ends UK's chances for Hampton because of the all of a sudden crowded backcourt. Hopefully I am wrong and they land both somehow.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,444

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Memphis being on the list makes me think they are the favorite.
    Agreed. I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up at Memphis. I would guess that UK probably was hoping he wouldn't reclassify, because their chances probably would have been better in 2020 than they are for this season.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,970

    Texas Tech is close to home and has just played in a national title game. Tech also needs a PG now. I'm somewhat surprised UK wasn't cut from his list when Duke was.

  6. #6
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,193

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Memphis being on the list makes me think they are the favorite.
    I thought it would be Memphis or Duke.

  7. #7
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,799

    He’s headed to Australia to play pro ball for a year.

  8. #8
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,818

    The team he signed with is called the New Zealand Breakers. It is owned by a group headed by the infamous Matt Walsh of the University of Florida, which is random in itself. This group also includes Shawn Marion, Big Cat, PFT, and Hank Lockwood.

  9. #9
    Bobby Axelrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    247

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    The team he signed with is called the New Zealand Breakers. It is owned by a group headed by the infamous Matt Walsh of the University of Florida, which is random in itself. This group also includes Shawn Marion, Big Cat, PFT, and Hank Lockwood.
    Can't wait to hear them talk about this on the podcast.

Top