Northern Kentucky 102 Wilmington (OH) 38

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    2,179

    Northern Kentucky 102 Wilmington (OH) 38

    Norse win big.
    Tate 17
    McDonald 14
    Walton 10
    Nelson 10
    Adheke 10
    Robinson 9
    Mocaby 9
    Djoko 6
    Vogt 6
    Sharpe 5
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,079

    NKU looked very lengthy. Didn't seem like a lot of the guys had any meat on them outside of McDonald and #0.

  3. #3
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,284

    Really boring game. I mean, I'm ecstatic basketball season is back, but man, that was ugly.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Not much to learn from this one. Only interesting thing is to see who continues to get minutes as the competition gets tougher. Norse are pretty deep this year.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    197

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Not much to learn from this one. Only interesting thing is to see who continues to get minutes as the competition gets tougher. Norse are pretty deep this year.
    I was thinking just the opposite, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think they are deep at all. They are really going to miss Carson Williams and Faulkner. I'm also not too keen on playing D3 competition.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    I was thinking just the opposite, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think they are deep at all. They are really going to miss Carson Williams and Faulkner. I'm also not too keen on playing D3 competition.
    Agree with the D3 game--it's useless.

    Of the ten players listed who scored 5 or more points, who do you see as NOT being in the mix?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    197

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Agree with the D3 game--it's useless.

    Of the ten players listed who scored 5 or more points, who do you see as NOT being in the mix?
    I'm sorry but Vogt and Djoko just aren't D1 players and Mocoby is not ready yet to guard a D1 athelete. I like his offense however so he might get in against a zone defense. I do like Adheke however he is very raw. Look forward in seeing his improvement. He plays hard but might see foul trouble with him early.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    I'm sorry but Vogt and Djoko just aren't D1 players and Mocoby is not ready yet to guard a D1 athelete. I like his offense however so he might get in against a zone defense. I do like Adheke however he is very raw. Look forward in seeing his improvement. He plays hard but might see foul trouble with him early.
    Agree with you on all of these to some extent but you're talking about your 8, 9, and 10 players in the rotation. Mocaby will play a lot and have a big game on occasion--he's another Cole Murray. Djoko is a back up point guard at best but they have others who can fill that role (he wouldn't touch the floor if Cobbs was available). Vogt will get 5-10 minutes a game because he's 7'0" (which is why he's a D1 athlete).

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,284

    The Norse should be very deep. They're depth isn't lacking talent, they're just young. They'll struggle at times. Happens when you have 9-10 new faces, but they can absolutely match anyone else in the league talent-wise.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    197

    Having freshman not yet ready to play no matter how talented is still having lack of depth. I think they will struggle to score at times. If Drew has an off night they might be in trouble. Need someone else to step up, maybe Walton can be the guy.

  11. #11
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,284

    Who said they aren't ready to play?

  12. #12
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Now that's how a real team and coach does it right @CollegefootballGuy69 ? Held them under 50.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    197

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Who said they aren't ready to play?
    IMO NKU is not nearly as deap as they were the last few years. I would bet Coach B will only play 7-8 once conference starts instead of 9 or more that has played previously. It's a shame because they would have really be strong with Williams and Faulkner still on the roster.

  14. #14
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,284

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    IMO NKU is not nearly as deap as they were the last few years. I would bet Coach B will only play 7-8 once conference starts instead of 9 or more that has played previously. It's a shame because they would have really be strong with Williams and Faulkner still on the roster.
    Maybe so, but not sure you want guys on the roster who have no desire to be there.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    Having freshman not yet ready to play no matter how talented is still having lack of depth. I think they will struggle to score at times. If Drew has an off night they might be in trouble. Need someone else to step up, maybe Walton can be the guy.
    Teams tend to struggle when their best overall player and leader has an off night. This isn't an NKU specific issue.

    ***I do not mean for this to be as snarky as it sounds.**

Top