North Carolina 88 Duke 72

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,281

    North Carolina 88 Duke 72

    Final from Cameron Indoor.

    Carolina had lots of points in the paint.

    Barrett and Reddish had majority of Dukes points.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    Anywhere there is mass
    Posts
    344

    On the potential that Zion is finished, it really shakes the landscape of this postseason for college basketball.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,034

    Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    On the potential that Zion is finished, it really shakes the landscape of this postseason for college basketball.
    Most likely similar injury to what Reid Travis has.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,848

    Easily Carolina’s Worst shooting performance of the year. Averaging 10 made 3’s in ACC play and shot 2-20.

  5. #5
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,147

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Most likely similar injury to what Reid Travis has.
    Except Zion is worth hundred$ of million$! I think we’ve seen the last of Zion in a Duke uniform. Major publicity blow to Nike...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,705

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Except Zion is worth hundred$ of million$! I think we’ve seen the last of Zion in a Duke uniform. Major publicity blow to Nike...
    I agree on the black eye for NIKE, but they'll figure it out. As for Zion and Duke, my heart says he'll play if he can. But my head says it's not worth further injury and I'm sure there are a lot of people he is close to telling him to play it smart.

    Really comes down to what matters most to him. Duke is a hopeful sweet 16 team maybe more if lucky without him. With Zion they do have a legit shot at the title, it is rather wide open right now. He will have years to heal and make money playing in the NBA, while pursuing Championships but this is his only shot at college Championship.

    Honestly this probably deserves it's own thread, even knowing the results of his MRI.

  7. #7
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,591

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Most likely similar injury to what Reid Travis has.
    Its so hard to tell. They looked extremely different, behind the knee vs. the side.

  8. #8
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,591

    Duke is going to play so much better when they meet again. I feel like you can almost throw this result out after Zion's injury in the first 30 seconds.

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,642

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Duke is a hopeful sweet 16 team maybe more if lucky without him.
    Is this a serious take?

  10. #10
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,384

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    I agree on the black eye for NIKE, but they'll figure it out. As for Zion and Duke, my heart says he'll play if he can. But my head says it's not worth further injury and I'm sure there are a lot of people he is close to telling him to play it smart.

    Really comes down to what matters most to him. Duke is a hopeful sweet 16 team maybe more if lucky without him. With Zion they do have a legit shot at the title, it is rather wide open right now. He will have years to heal and make money playing in the NBA, while pursuing Championships but this is his only shot at college Championship.

    Honestly this probably deserves it's own thread, even knowing the results of his MRI.
    They were in shock last night. Duke still has two top five picks and another first rounder starting, without Zion. No other team in college can say that. I am not discounting Zion's impact, as he makes them the favorites. But without him they (on paper) have Final Four potential.

  11. #11
    Bobby Axelrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    197

    Selfish me really hopes he plays again this season but won’t blame him one bit if he decides to sit out.

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,146

    That game set three point shooting back 20 years. Horrible. It was bad basketball all night. Bad shooting. Dumb turnovers. Terrible shot selection. Bad defense. If that was Manhattan versus Iona you would have turned the channel.

  13. #13
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,553

    The more I think about this shoe thing, the angrier I get. How in the world does that happen? How does THE best player in basketball get outfitted with a shoe that has this happen?

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,146

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    The more I think about this shoe thing, the angrier I get. How in the world does that happen? How does THE best player in basketball get outfitted with a shoe that has this happen?
    Perhaps because the power exerted by Zion on that shoe is more than anyone has ever exerted on a shoe? Not everything that happens in this world is foreseeable.

  15. #15
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,148

    Does Zion shut it down? I think I lean towards yes if I were in his position.

Top