North Carolina 82 Duke 78

Page 2 of Final from Chapel Hill.... 29 comments | 1044 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,780

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Grayson Allen kills Duke. Duke never has depth. Depth isn’t the issue.
    I only saw the last four minutes of last night's game. How is he killing Duke? Ball die in his hands? Forcing things to much?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,930

    Personally I loathe Duke and Allen, but I didn’t see where he KILLED them last night. He was covered like a blanket, had a turnover there at the end but I thought he played a good game, no he didn’t score 25 points but you can’t blame last night on him.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,134

    I watched the second halves of Duke's losses to St Johns and now UNC (maybe I should watch them more). In both games Grayson Allen was non existant on offense, But the most glaring to me was defensive rebounding by Duke. St Johns was on fire I know, but even then their basketball IQ was terrible and Duke should've won easily enough. But St Johns had how many second and third chances as was the case last night. Rebounding comes down to being aggressive and hustle. Two second halves for me and I saw little desire to actually get a contested rebound. Am I wrong?

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    I watched St. John's and UNC games too. I felt Duke wasn't giving enough effort on the glass as well. Also...Grayson Allen is having some issues.

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,626

    I think the biggest story is that UNC only turned it over twice. Hard to beat any good team when they protect the ball like that.

  6. #21
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,978

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I only saw the last four minutes of last night's game. How is he killing Duke? Ball die in his hands? Forcing things to much?
    He’s nonexistent. He should be the leader of the team. The steady hand. In all of the Duke losses he hasn’t scored the ball like he should be doing. He’s not pulling his weight. Period.

  7. #22
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,978

    Quote Originally Posted by rookie57 View Post
    Personally I loathe Duke and Allen, but I didn’t see where he KILLED them last night. He was covered like a blanket, had a turnover there at the end but I thought he played a good game, no he didn’t score 25 points but you can’t blame last night on him.
    So the whole team does what they normally do and Grayson doesn’t and Grayson gets a pass? Got it.

  8. #23
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,978

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    I watched the second halves of Duke's losses to St Johns and now UNC (maybe I should watch them more). In both games Grayson Allen was non existant on offense, But the most glaring to me was defensive rebounding by Duke. St Johns was on fire I know, but even then their basketball IQ was terrible and Duke should've won easily enough. But St Johns had how many second and third chances as was the case last night. Rebounding comes down to being aggressive and hustle. Two second halves for me and I saw little desire to actually get a contested rebound. Am I wrong?
    Nope. You see what I see.

  9. #24
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,669

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I think the biggest story is that UNC only turned it over twice. Hard to beat any good team when they protect the ball like that.
    Man, that's impressive.

  10. #25
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    Was hoping nobody would start this thread. Didn't wanna remember this steaming pile of Randy Parker..

  11. #26
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,669

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Was hoping nobody would start this thread. Didn't wanna remember this steaming pile of Randy Parker..


  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,816

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    It was a good day. On the other hand, it was a bad day.
    Cat was rooting for a scoreless tie in this one...lol

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,816

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Grayson Allen kills Duke. Duke never has depth. Depth isnít the issue.
    I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,739

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?
    He just rolls the balls out and doesn’t coach them.

  15. #30
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,978

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?
    Last I saw there aren’t many teams that play more than 7 players consistently. Bolden has been hurt and so has Javin DeLaurier. Bolden came back the last game and it looks like Javin played 1 minute in this game. Alex Collins is coming along and Jack White has gotten sporadic minutes. Either way, the starting five at Duke is going to play 34+ minutes easy pretty much every game. That isn’t a new development under Coach K at all.

Top