North Carolina 74 Duke 69

Page 2 of Final... 34 comments | 947 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    I'm not saying what he did was right but a ball-handler does that all the time when someone is following them up the court and there's usually not even a foul called.
    Ball handlers, screen setters, screen dodgers. These “hip checks” happen every game. Sometimes it is a foul. Sometimes it isn’t. It’s never a flagrant. Grayson’s last history is why that was ruled a flagrant and I’m okay with that. These folks out here losing their minds about it are hilarious though. It’s Grayson though.......
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    And unless I am missing something Seth Davis is the only media personality who used hyperbole when speaking on what Grayson has “gone through”. Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams both were critical of the flagrant foul being called but they both have been highly critical of Grayson Allen in the past. Coach K is going to defend Grayson more often than not. He isn’t stupid. Either way, folks need to let go of this “the media gives Grayson a pass” narrative because that simply isn’t true. One media person on twitter doesn’t equal media for everyone.

  3. #18
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    10,995

    Welp there goes my idea of Duke getting a 1 seed. (Enter my super hot take of UNC getting a 1 seed if they beat UVA.)

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Didn't Duval's ankle roll to the point of his bone hitting the court?

  5. #20
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Welp there goes my idea of Duke getting a 1 seed. (Enter my super hot take of UNC getting a 1 seed if they beat UVA.)
    I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    860

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    They would all 3 crush UK though.
    You're predictable crushing UK in a Duke/NC thread.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,511

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia.
    Beating Virginia would give them 15 Q1 wins also.

  8. #23
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,030

    Carolina did a really good job of finding spots to get uncontested jumpers in the Duke zone. Luckily for them they made a high percentage of them.

    I thought Duke could have done a better job of feeding Bagley and even Carter. Seemed like those dudes could just about score at will if they caught the ball on the blocks. Seems like they settled for jumpers too often without trying to force the ball to the blocks.

  9. #24
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    10,995

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia.
    They would absolutely be deserving if they can knock off UVA.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,328

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Ball handlers, screen setters, screen dodgers. These “hip checks” happen every game. Sometimes it is a foul. Sometimes it isn’t. It’s never a flagrant. Grayson’s last history is why that was ruled a flagrant and I’m okay with that. These folks out here losing their minds about it are hilarious though. It’s Grayson though.......
    So since it's just a foul when you rake across a guy's arm or face trying to block a shot or get a steal, the same rule should be applied if a guy is running down the court well away from the ball and you do the same thing? Disagree.

  11. #26
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    Quote Originally Posted by jpa2825 View Post
    So since it's just a foul when you rake across a guy's arm or face trying to block a shot or get a steal, the same rule should be applied if a guy is running down the court well away from the ball and you do the same thing? Disagree.
    Yes. They usually call those “away from the ball” fouls and in the NBA if you are ahead of the break and someone grabs you they call it a clear court foul. Never seems to be the fallout when that happens in every single NBA game.

  12. #27
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,175

    The fact that UNC went on their run early in the second half and Duke had possession after possession where Bagley never touched the ball is criminal. I'll admit I fell asleep during their 13-0 run and woke up with a minute to go, so maybe Bagley went wild then. But the majority of the game I saw he just never touched the ball.

    Give that dude 15 to 20 shots a game and Duke rolls to a Title.

  13. #28
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    The fact that UNC went on their run early in the second half and Duke had possession after possession where Bagley never touched the ball is criminal. I'll admit I fell asleep during their 13-0 run and woke up with a minute to go, so maybe Bagley went wild then. But the majority of the game I saw he just never touched the ball.

    Give that dude 15 to 20 shots a game and Duke rolls to a Title.
    False.

  14. #29
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,175

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    False.
    Which part? He only took 4 shots in the 2nd half...give him the ball and Duke is the best team in the country IMO.

  15. #30
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,373

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Which part? He only took 4 shots in the 2nd half...give him the ball and Duke is the best team in the country IMO.
    Until they can consistently play good defense and rebound the basketball it doesn’t matter how many points he scores. In North Carolina’s two wins over Duke they had over a combined 35 offensive rebounds. That has zero to do with Bagley’s points and all to do with defense and rebounding the basketball. Two things they have shown flashes of brilliance and incompetence. Hell, Gary Trent is the one who was scoring the most at the end of the game when they needed it the most. I want to know why Grayson took that stupid shot at the end instead of Gary. And I get it, Bagley is supremely talented offensively but if he and Carter aren’t blocking or affecting shots then they are horrible on defense. How many points did UNC score in the paint shooting uncontested jumpers near the free throw line? As long as Bagley and Carter are allowing easy shots like that then Bagley’s 28 points and 13 rebounds are wasted.

    What’s going to be the excuse next year for Duke? Cam needs more touches? RJ needs more touches? Zion needs more touches? It isn’t that simple. If players aren’t going to commit to playing defense on every possession then they can’t expect to win a title by just showing up. I have yet to see true NCAA title winning play from this year’s Duke team. At best they are a Sweet 16 team unless they commit to defense. And if Duval can’t walk then the season is over.

    And yes, my bracket will have Duke winning the title on it. I’m stupid.

Top