Nike - According to Michael Avenatti

  1. #1
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    Nike - According to Michael Avenatti

    Michael Avenatti

    @MichaelAvenatti
    Tmrw at 11 am ET, we will be holding a press conference to disclose a major high school/college basketball scandal perpetrated by @Nike that we have uncovered. This criminal conduct reaches the highest levels of Nike and involves some of the biggest names in college basketball.

    3,833
    12:16 PM - Mar 25, 2019



    You can Google where you've heard that name before. However less than an hour after posting that tweet, he was arrested for attempting to extort Nike. Evidently he was trying to get them to pay him off and when they refused, he put out that tweet.

    I guess now he will spill what ever he has.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,875

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Michael Avenatti

    @MichaelAvenatti
    Tmrw at 11 am ET, we will be holding a press conference to disclose a major high school/college basketball scandal perpetrated by @Nike that we have uncovered. This criminal conduct reaches the highest levels of Nike and involves some of the biggest names in college basketball.

    3,833
    12:16 PM - Mar 25, 2019



    You can Google where you've heard that name before. However less than an hour after posting that tweet, he was arrested for attempting to extort Nike. Evidently he was trying to get them to pay him off and when they refused, he put out that tweet.

    I guess now he will spill what ever he has.
    Nike must have their own police force.

  3. #3
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,768

    What a schmuck.

    I can't imagine what he thinks he has.

    This is also just the latest (and possibly triggering event) in a list of charges against Avenatti.

    He's also being charged with wire fraud and bank fraud on unrelated cases.

    Extorting Nike is dumb... submitting falsified tax returns to a lender in order to obtain millions in loans is somehow even dumber.

  4. #4
    Pura Vida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    A sky full of stars
    Posts
    1,242

    Wow! I found him somewhat intriguing until the domestic allegations by his girlfriend..., now I just find him shady.

    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,875

    Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    Wow! I found him somewhat intriguing until the domestic allegations by his girlfriend..., now I just find him shady.

    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I don't know anything about him but was he convicted or just typical she said/he said stuff?

  6. #6
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,411

    Dude is going to jail - unless his co-conspirator is from North Carolina. In that case this will all go away.

  7. #7
    Pura Vida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    A sky full of stars
    Posts
    1,242

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I don't know anything about him but was he convicted or just typical she said/he said stuff?
    No conviction, insufficient evidence at this point.

  8. #8
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,841

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Dude is going to jail - unless his co-conspirator is from North Carolina. In that case this will all go away.
    My man.

  9. #9
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,851

    Saw that Bol Bol's name might be wrapped up in this. It's somewhat amazing how many former UK recruits names get tied to some of these things that UK had all of a sudden just stopped recruiting.

  10. #10
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,668

    Don’t mess with Nike.

  11. #11
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    What he said to the Nike attorneys according to the prosecutor.


    “If we don’t reach a resolution … as soon as this becomes public, I am going to receive calls from all over the country from parents and coaches and friends and all kinds of people — this is always what happens — and they are all going to say I’ve got an email or a text message or — now 90% of that is going to be crap because it’s always crap 90% of the time, always, whether it’s R. Kelly or (anyone else), the list goes on and on — but 10% of it is actually going to be true, and then what’s going to happen is that this is going to snowball.”

    “And every time we got more information, that’s going to be The Washington Post, The New York Times, ESPN, a press conference, and the company will die — not die, but they are going to incur cut after cut after cut after cut, and that’s what’s going to happen as soon as this thing becomes public,” Avenatti said, according to prosecutors.


    Sounds like he has nothing but was just trying to run a game on Nike. Mark Geragos has now been named as a co-conspirator.
    Last edited by Jumper_Dad; Mar 28, 19 at 12:04 PM.

  12. #12
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,851

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    What he said to the Nike attorneys according to the prosecutor.


    “If we don’t reach a resolution … as soon as this becomes public, I am going to receive calls from all over the country from parents and coaches and friends and all kinds of people — this is always what happens — and they are all going to say I’ve got an email or a text message or — now 90% of that is going to be crap because it’s always crap 90% of the time, always, whether it’s R. Kelly or (anyone else), the list goes on and on — but 10% of it is actually going to be true, and then what’s going to happen is that this is going to snowball.”

    “And every time we got more information, that’s going to be The Washington Post, The New York Times, ESPN, a press conference, and the company will die — not die, but they are going to incur cut after cut after cut after cut, and that’s what’s going to happen as soon as this thing becomes public,” Avenatti said, according to prosecutors.


    Sounds like he has nothing but was just trying to run a game on Nike. Mark Geragos has now been named as a co-conspirator.
    That's crazy. Did they run out of 30 for 30 content and ESPN put him up to this?
    Last edited by Jumper_Dad; Mar 28, 19 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Stupid Jumper_dad

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,411

    How is Adidas' business? Did they make a bunch of cuts after the trials and things they just went though?

  14. #14
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,768

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    How is Adidas' business? Did they make a bunch of cuts after the trials and things they just went though?
    North American sales up 16 percent in 2018 over the previous year.

    Adidas is fine.

    The corporate interests in this will ALWAYS be fine.

  15. #15
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,905

    Remove the name Nike from this...

    Why do people think they can go at billion dollar corporations in this way and come away with anything positive? They will ALWAYS have better lawyers than you. And if they are doing something shady on a "significant" level, I promise there aren't any lose ends. Or at least very few.

Top