Next Coach at Louisville?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,040

    Next Coach at Louisville?

    With today's news and many speculating Pitino won't survive this and a possible death penalty for the program who does UL go after? Ironically it was Pitino who resurrected Kentucky from the dead.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    8,245

    Chris Mack or bust if I'm UofL.

  3. #3
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,844

    If this is true, there is no greater case for the death penalty. A coach is irrelevant.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    46,033

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Chris Mack or bust if I'm UofL.
    That's my first choice.

  5. #5
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Zero chance Chris Mack or any other top notch coach is going to walk into this situation assuming everything is true.

  6. #6
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    8,245

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Zero chance Chris Mack or any other top notch coach is going to walk into this situation assuming everything is true.
    Clear house right away. Pitino and Jurich both gone, I could see it. I'd put the likelihood at like 25%. But I'm not talking to anyone until I get a definitive no from Mack.

  7. #7
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    If this is true, there is no greater case for the death penalty. A coach is irrelevant.
    I don't think I'd go that far, but the penalties will be some of the most severe we've ever seen.

    They did this while on probation. That's akin to sticking a giant middle finger in the NCAAs face. Zero craps given by the UofL basketball program.

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    8,245

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    If this is true, there is no greater case for the death penalty. A coach is irrelevant.
    Just stop. UofL isn't getting the death penalty. If Penn State didn't get the dp for Sandusky then UL isn't getting the dp for this.

  9. #9
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    8,245

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I don't think I'd go that far, but the penalties will be some of the most severe we've ever seen.

    They did this while on probation. That's akin to sticking a giant middle finger in the NCAAs face. Zero craps given by the UofL basketball program.
    I'm thinking 4 year postseason ban.

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    46,033

    I'm officially submitting my name into the pot for next coach at UofL.

  11. #11
    Pura Vida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    A sky full of stars
    Posts
    843

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm officially submitting my name into the pot for next coach at UofL.
    I'm your assistant!

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm officially submitting my name into the pot for next coach at UofL.
    I'd become a fan!

  13. #13
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Joe Sonka
    ��‏ @joesonka

    A very good source at UofL says that we are not done with the announcements today...

    Joe Sonka ��‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago
    Replying to @joesonka

    ...if this info is accurate, it will make some headlines.


  14. #14
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,975

    Once all this clears will there be a coach with clean hands left?

  15. #15
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,092

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Joe Sonka
    ��‏ @joesonka

    A very good source at UofL says that we are not done with the announcements today...

    Joe Sonka ��‏ @joesonka 4m4 minutes ago
    Replying to @joesonka

    ...if this info is accurate, it will make some headlines.

    Anything they say at this point will make some headlines.

Top