NCAA to announce UNC findings (penalties) Friday

Page 2 of Andrew Carter‏Verified account @_andrewcarter 1h1 hour agoMore From a source: the NCAA Committee on Infractions tomorrow at noon will release its... 183 comments | 5494 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,637

    I guess by this time tomorrow we will know for sure whether in the eyes of the NCAA it is worse to hire hookers for your players or just have fake classes. Seems like the latter would be more of an issue. They want to make sure the student athletes are amature, but shouldn't it be more important that they actually be students first?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,439

    "Now guys, we really try to accommodate you all, but you're making it really tough right now. If anything like this happens again, we'll have to seriously consider a punishment." Except in lawyer-speak.

  3. #18
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,376

    Justin Rowland‏Verified account @RowlandRIVALS 5m5 minutes ago

    My guess on UNC sanctions tomorrow, 1 year postseason ban & scholarship restrictions. Goes to court, from there who knows.
    1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes

  4. #19
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,691

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Maybe I'm naive but I expect a 2 year postseason ban and the 2 titles being taken away.
    I don't believe the titles will be taken away. I do think they'll get a postseason ban (2 years seems right) and some scholarship restrictions.

  5. #20
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,172

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I don't believe the titles will be taken away. I do think they'll get a postseason ban (2 years seems right) and some scholarship restrictions.
    UL got their's taken away. No way UNC doesn't for something that spanned more than a decade.

  6. #21
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    61,919

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I predict a #1 seed and home court advantage in the tourney this season.
    Indeed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    If they get hammered, ESPN will cover it 1/10th as much as they have the Louisville stuff.
    Exactly right

  7. #22
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,691

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    UL got their's taken away. No way UNC doesn't for something that spanned more than a decade.
    I think the NCAA will say North Carolina was an academic violation and the school was at fault, not the athletic department (I know that's shady but that's what they'll claim). Louisville's athletic program specifically was violating rules so they got in trouble. I know it probably isn't right or fair, but that's what you'll likely hear.

  8. #23
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,172

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I think the NCAA will say North Carolina was an academic violation and the school was at fault, not the athletic department (I know that's shady but that's what they'll claim). Louisville's athletic program specifically was violating rules so they got in trouble. I know it probably isn't right or fair, but that's what you'll likely hear.
    Creating a false major specifically for athletes involves the athletic department.

    Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage? Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.

  9. #24
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,691

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Creating a false major specifically for athletes involves the athletic department.

    Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage. Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.
    You can fuss at me all you want, I'm just telling you what I expect they will say.

  10. #25
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,172

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    You can fuss at me all you want, I'm just telling you what I expect they will say.
    Pointing out flaws in your argument isn't fussing.

  11. #26
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,691

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Pointing out flaws in your argument isn't fussing.
    I'm not making the argument, I'm saying what North Carolina is going to say and how the NCAA is going to rule (in my opinion).

    North Carolina will respond to the claim they "created a false major specifically for athletes" by saying that anyone could take the classes, not just athletes. (In fact, others did take the classes, although CLEARLY the athletes took the most advantage). Louisville's argument didn't hold water because strippers were paid for specifically for players, an option not available for all students.

  12. #27
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,571

    You dont punish a cash cow.

  13. #28
    StrongSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,186

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Creating a false major specifically for athletes involves the athletic department.

    Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage? Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.
    Let's call it what it really was, prostitutes having sex with recruits.

    Edit: I should've read the rest of your post.

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,376

    This is no longer happening tomorrow.

  15. #30
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,716

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    This is no longer happening tomorrow.
    When has it been moved to?

Top