Mohamed Bamba's brother alleges NCAA violations.

Page 2 of Brother of prized Texas recruit Mohamed Bamba alleges NCAA violations involving financial advisor Ibrahim Johnson, a 6-foot-7 forward whose basketball ... 35 comments | 2274 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    1,534

    Where is the thread on Cal and peps making up false stories on him again......this has happened numerous times and he always is in denial......I think he did it and agree with lots of other so called "make up stories" on Cal.....has happened much too many times for the truth not to be there
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,674

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Where is the thread on Cal and peps making up false stories on him again......this has happened numerous times and he always is in denial......I think he did it and agree with lots of other so called "make up stories" on Cal.....has happened much too many times for the truth not to be there
    So Cal was paying a guy to pay Bamba money in your eyes? And that guy didn't come to Kentucky? Please, that's ridiculous.

    If Cal was paying the kid, which he wasn't, you can be sure that kid would end up at the school Cal was at.

  3. #18
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,066

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Where is the thread on Cal and peps making up false stories on him again......this has happened numerous times and he always is in denial......I think he did it and agree with lots of other so called "make up stories" on Cal.....has happened much too many times for the truth not to be there
    I'm not sure I'm following you, but from what I am...what does the Cal/Knicks story have to do at all with Bamba? There is no correlation.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    1,534

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following you, but from what I am...what does the Cal/Knicks story have to do at all with Bamba? There is no correlation.
    Just thought there might be a thread on the Cal/Knicks issue started on here

  5. #20
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,066

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Just thought there might be a thread on the Cal/Knicks issue started on here
    And that has what to do with Bamba?

  6. #21
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,559

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So Cal was paying a guy to pay Bamba money in your eyes? And that guy didn't come to Kentucky? Please, that's ridiculous.

    If Cal was paying the kid, which he wasn't, you can be sure that kid would end up at the school Cal was at.
    Hey... Louisville recruits got sex and went elsewhere...

  7. #22
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,193

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Hey... Louisville recruits got sex and went elsewhere...
    Yeah, but I think a second-rate basketball program would hire second-rate "campus guides."

  8. #23
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,832

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Just thought there might be a thread on the Cal/Knicks issue started on here
    There is.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,766

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Just thought there might be a thread on the Cal/Knicks issue started on here
    Hmmmm you may want to know what you are talking about first before you say something. There is already a thread about it. It's in a NBA thread since it's about an NBA team.

  10. #25
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,565

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbird View Post
    So basically a non story.

  11. #26
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    FWIW, Mohammed Bamba has been cleared by the NCAA and is eligible to play.

  12. #27
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,547

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    FWIW, Mohammed Bamba has been cleared by the NCAA and is eligible to play.
    Which doesn't mean much. Not saying he has anything to worry about cause I have no idea, but so was Derrick Rose at one point. That's one thing I hate about the NCAA. Your cleared and eligible until your not.

  13. #28
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,059

    He's lucky he didn't go to Kentucky

  14. #29
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    Which doesn't mean much. Not saying he has anything to worry about cause I have no idea, but so was Derrick Rose at one point. That's one thing I hate about the NCAA. Your cleared and eligible until your not.
    I thought in the Derrick Rose case he was cleared and then after the season the evidence came out that he didn't take the test. Or did they know when they cleared him that they didn't take the test?

    In Bamba's case the NCAA made it clear that they investigated what he received and in their words, "after evaluating all available information, the NCAA determined that the assistance Greer Love provides to Mohammed Bamba does not violate NCAA rules. Bamba remains certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center." I'd imagine if they received new evidence saying otherwise then they can change their ruling.

    And that's not to defend the NCAA because I think they have plenty of issues but at the same time you can't rule someone ineligible in July when July's evidence clears them. If new evidence comes up in January then I would think that things would change.

  15. #30
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,547

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I thought in the Derrick Rose case he was cleared and then after the season the evidence came out that he didn't take the test. Or did they know when they cleared him that they didn't take the test?

    In Bamba's case the NCAA made it clear that they investigated what he received and in their words, "after evaluating all available information, the NCAA determined that the assistance Greer Love provides to Mohammed Bamba does not violate NCAA rules. Bamba remains certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center." I'd imagine if they received new evidence saying otherwise then they can change their ruling.

    And that's not to defend the NCAA because I think they have plenty of issues but at the same time you can't rule someone ineligible in July when July's evidence clears them. If new evidence comes up in January then I would think that things would change.
    I don't really know the details. I just hate how a school can be punished for playing a player who was cleared at the time that later becomes uncleared. To me if the NCAA says a player is cleared than the school should be able to play them without worry of any retroactive punishment if he / she is later found to be ineligible. IMO, a school has to accept the NCAA decisions on eligiblity so if the NCAA says they are eligible why punish a school for playing a kid that they were told is eligible. If something changes than sit them from that point forward. It would be like your employeer changing policy and then punishing you for not following the new policy in your past actions.

Top