Mason Faulkner has been released from NKU

Page 7 of Per Brannen. First Williams, now this.... 116 comments | 21825 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    No head scratching here. These two guys chose to leave because they weren’t willing to accept their role on this team.

    I hope they go find a spot on whatever new team they find where they can be the star.
    You are a good friend.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    You are a good friend.
    He ain't wrong either....

  3. #93
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,281

    Question for you @Voice of Reason, if a player's goals and a coach's goals for the upcoming season are in contrast to one another, who do you think should be the one to change their goals? Surely you don't think the coach should change his goals to appease a couple players?

  4. #94
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,361

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    He ain't wrong either....
    I love the concept that the guy with the access to the most information has to be wrong...

  5. #95
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,192

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    I love the concept that the guy with the access to the most information has to be wrong...
    Who has access to the most information?

    What is that saying about when you assume?

  6. #96
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,361

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Who has access to the most information?

    What is that saying about when you assume?
    Your comment said what it said...

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    3,602

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Question for you @Voice of Reason, if a player's goals and a coach's goals for the upcoming season are in contrast to one another, who do you think should be the one to change their goals? Surely you don't think the coach should change his goals to appease a couple players?
    Nope. But the great coaches sell their goals into becoming the player's goals. " Like it or lump it" is a double down strategy. Works sometimes; sometimes you go bust. Have no clue what really happened and realize there are some apparently high quality recruits on the horizon. Just sad to see quality guys that would have been heavy 3rd year contributors leaving. Find the posts that they were stars in high school and the implications they apparently were not willing to work hard to earn more minutes than the guys coming in to be very disappointing if true.

  8. #98

    Join Date
    May 17
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    180

    Twitter

    Looks like he visited Western Carolina yesterday, and will be visiting WKU and Samford soon.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Apples and oranges in my opinion. I wonder how many mid-major and smaller programs are losing players in this fashion. I think even if you are a huge Brannen supporter these two defections should make you scratch your head a little. Time will tell over the next couple seasons and we see who comes in and how the team does. And that statement is not a projection of demise. I want to see the program be better over the next couple of years and I am rooting for more success. However, if they aren't better it raises even more questions.
    Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring in 217

    This is last year's complete list of transfers. Giving a quick look, I see quite a few mid-majors with 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6 players leaving. This is college basketball today.

  10. #100
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,505

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Again, why does someone have to be to blame? It didn't work out, simple as that.

    And that's great if a coach sees his primary responsibility as developing young men. Unfortunately, they won't last long in coaching if they don win. Just the way it is.
    If something doesn’t work out it is someone’s fault or both parties faults for it not working. There’s no way around it. Whose fault it is will remain between them unless they decide to share it. From what I have seen it is more the player’s fault than the coach.

  11. #101
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,793

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring in 217

    This is last year's complete list of transfers. Giving a quick look, I see quite a few mid-majors with 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6 players leaving. This is college basketball today.
    That was after the 2017 season. South Florida had 7 on that list. Since then 3 more of Orlando Antigua's recruits, Tulio De Silva, Malik Martin, and Troy Holston have left, as well.

  12. #102
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,793

    Nice highlight reel. Shows off his offense and defense very well.


  13. #103
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,601

    Faulkner will play at Western Carolina. Skip Prosser's son, Mark, is their first year head coach. They finished 13-19.

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Faulkner will play at Western Carolina. Skip Prosser's son, Mark, is their first year head coach. They finished 13-19.
    Tony Rack left NKU and is on Prossers staff there.

  15. #105

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    Tony Rack left NKU and is on Prossers staff there.
    And Mason apparently has his own logo now.

Top