Louisville Scandal: Big News Coming

Page 19 of I haven't posted anything on here yet. This is obviously horrible news for the players, supporters, and fans of Louisville. I feel horrible especially ... 490 comments | 19129 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #271
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,116

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I will say this makes sense if all you care about is the program and not the kids. I mean if I was advising what is best for the program this is the correct move. Probably every university in America would do the same. But when a program does something like this it's hard to look a parent in the eye and say your kid matters most.

    Again so we are clear I'm not saying if I was in leadership I'd do anything different. But the move clearly says Louisville cares more about the brand than the kids wearing the jersey.
    Ramsey's job is to minimize long-term problems from the NCAA on behalf of the trustees, supporters, and alumni.

    They wouldn't have done this if Chuck Smrt hadn't advised them that this is what the NCAA wants. Take it up with them.
    Advertisement

  2. #272
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,211

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Only Dan Dakich could unite UL fans, UK fans, and Matt Jones.
    Good one....

  3. #273
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,116

    I'll say this too: I've seen a lot of people say postseason bans punish innocent players but yet to see anyone else offer reasonable solution to pacify an unpredictable NCAA.

  4. #274
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Ramsey's job is to minimize long-term problems from the NCAA on behalf of the trustees, supporters, and alumni.

    They wouldn't have done this if Chuck Smrt hadn't advised them that this is what the NCAA wants. Take it up with them.
    I totally get that and if I was Smrt I'd recommend the same thing.

    My point was more about PR for the next coach. The coach an hour away east has a program he calls players first. This self imposed ban makes recruiting against Louisville easier.

    Obviously I'm a UK fan so I'm sure someone will comment and say I'm biased. Which I can't deny.

    I was just pointing out obvious optics.

    I'd also add if the NCAA is really this close to punishing the cards and still nothing on UNC , it's a joke.

  5. #275
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    I'll say this too: I've seen a lot of people say postseason bans punish innocent players but yet to see anyone else offer reasonable solution to pacify an unpredictable NCAA.
    I could think of a unique PR campaign that would be original on this specific allegation. . The best way to win over the public is to make NCAA look bad, the NCAA cares about it's image.

  6. #276
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,855

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SHERIFF View Post
    Jones seems to have an insider at UL feeding him info.
    Yes he does, it's a fact.

  7. #277

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    That's just not true. Plenty of people on this site alone hate the guy.
    I've caught that drift and pretty much excluded the folks on here

  8. #278

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by jpa2825 View Post
    Or a genius. Not the way I would want to make $, but if you find a rabid, myopic fan base and you feed it meat in order to make $, good for you. Economic darwinism. Bill Cunningham has done it on 700WLW for years!
    Touché my friend.

  9. #279

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The guy is a tool to be sure, but he's brilliant. He's made a fortune off being a fan.
    Sadly he has. I wish I could do the same.

  10. #280
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,116

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I totally get that and if I was Smrt I'd recommend the same thing.

    My point was more about PR for the next coach. The coach an hour away east has a program he calls players first. This self imposed ban makes recruiting against Louisville easier.
    And if Louisville does nothing now? Or acts in any way the NCAA deems unsatisfactory? How bad would it be then?

    If there were long-term punishments it would be awfully easy to recruit against Louisville. That's one of the things they're trying to avoid.

  11. #281
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    And if Louisville does nothing now? Or acts in any way the NCAA deems unsatisfactory? How bad would it be then?
    I think punishment could get harsher but I think their is a legit PR spin the university could make with recruits.

    Like I said as a business person I understand the move. You have to be agnostic and think of the brand.

    I just would like to see a different approach from a University one time and fight back. Flip the script on the NCAA. Make Rick step down and make it known in the media the reason you aren't doing a ban is for the players. Win public support. It will probably fail but I think it would win credibility in recruiting circles.

  12. #282
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,758

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Ramsey's job is to minimize long-term problems from the NCAA on behalf of the trustees, supporters, and alumni.

    They wouldn't have done this if Chuck Smrt hadn't advised them that this is what the NCAA wants. Take it up with them.
    Ramsey is a crook, you have essentially said the same yourself. While I agree that what he is doing with this self "punishment" is part of his job, it's a bit ironic to see you running to his defense lol.

  13. #283
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,758

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    I'll say this too: I've seen a lot of people say postseason bans punish innocent players but yet to see anyone else offer reasonable solution to pacify an unpredictable NCAA.
    To be honest the only solution would be to ban coaches, AD's, etc that was there during the violations. I'm not saying that would be right, but I imagine it would be a good deterrent to help prevent future violations. Post season bans don't solve the problem one bit.

  14. #284
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,116

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I think punishment could get harsher but I think their is a legit PR spin the university could make with recruits.

    Like I said as a business person I understand the move. You have to be agnostic and think of the brand.

    I just would like to see a different approach from a University one time and fight back. Flip the script on the NCAA. Make Rick step down and make it known in the media the reason you aren't doing a ban is for the players. Win public support. It will probably fail but I think it would win credibility in recruiting circles.
    If I thought it would work at all, I'd agree with you.

    I think the best proposal I saw was this: 1) suspend Pitino, 2) no postseason ban, 3) voluntarily surrender their share of NCAA tournament profits.

    It's an interesting one I'd go along with, but who knows what the scumbag university presidents running the NCAA would say.

  15. #285
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    If I thought it would work at all, I'd agree with you.

    I think the best proposal I saw was this: 1) suspend Pitino, 2) no postseason ban, 3) voluntarily surrender their share of NCAA tournament profits.

    It's an interesting one I'd go along with, but who knows what the scumbag university presidents running the NCAA would say.
    In the era of the PC police on social media anything is possible. This isn't the 1990s. Heck it's different than the early 2000's.

    Some University will step up at some point.

Top