Least Favorite Active Coach?

Page 5 of For the longest time around these parts, that might have easily been Coach Pitino for many. Now that he is no longer coaching, who is your least favori... 75 comments | 3369 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,996

    I'll go along with Stallings. Besides he was like always sucking his teeth or something. Weird dude that seems like a real jerk!
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,561

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Huggins, donít like him at all. Arrogant, rude, stuck up. Never looks happy.
    I've been told by several people that have met him that he is one of the most down to earth people they've ever met.

  3. #63
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Kevin Stallings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Kevin Stallings has always rubbed me the wrong way. Oh yeah, heís not very good either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlow View Post
    The fellow at Arkansas, Stallings, and mini man at cincy all come to mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Josh Pastner, Kevin Stallings and
    Mike Anderson come to mind
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Stallings. Was stallings over Pitino before Pitino was fired. I never really hated Pitino. I think heís pretty much a scumbag but he never really rubbed me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    2001 called, they want their joke back.
    Did he grow his hair back or something? Did anything change?

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    I've been told by several people that have met him that he is one of the most down to earth people they've ever met.
    Iíve been near him a few times at random places airport, restaurant. Just seems stuck up. His on And off the court antics speak for themselves. IMO


    West Virginia coach Bob Huggins won't change who he is, like it or not

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    Mike Anderson. Can't stand dirty basketball, and what he coaches is dirty basketball.

    I have no problem with tough physical basketball. I always thought Nolan Richardson's teams played a very tough physical style, but I never thought they were dirty. There's a difference.
    Curious, you liked Nolan Richardson but don't like Anderson. What do you see as the difference?

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Huggins, donít like him at all. Arrogant, rude, stuck up. Never looks happy.
    I used to hate Huggins for all the reasons that you do. Since then, I have seen him at several coaching clinics and he is funny, humble, laid back, and down to earth. Maybe somewhat like Belichick--different person away from the game and the cameras.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Skip Prosser was a great guy. One of my all-time favorites. Put Oliver Purnell on that list too.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    I've been told by several people that have met him that he is one of the most down to earth people they've ever met.
    Depends on his mood at the time, Ive seen both sides of him in the past.

  9. #69
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    10,281

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Curious, you liked Nolan Richardson but don't like Anderson. What do you see as the difference?
    Didn't say that I like him. Just that I had no problem with him.

    Nolan's teams played aggressive full court tough basketball. They challenged you to be strong and conditioned.

    The difference is, I have seen games where I thought Mike Anderson's players were trying to hurt someone. I never saw that with Nolan.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    1,164

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Skip Prosser was a great guy. One of my all-time favorites. Put Oliver Purnell on that list too.
    For sure, had the pleasure of riding the tram at cvg with him, super good guy.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    I used to hate Huggins for all the reasons that you do. Since then, I have seen him at several coaching clinics and he is funny, humble, laid back, and down to earth. Maybe somewhat like Belichick--different person away from the game and the cameras.
    Great point. We really donít know most of these folks. At best a brief encounter.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,056

    Although I respect his ability as a coach, I don't particularly care for Gregg Marshall at Wichita.

  13. #73
    DukeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Harrisonburg via Hebron. GCL South apologist.
    Posts
    270

    Boeheim and Calipari

  14. #74
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,121

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Kevin Stallings has always rubbed me the wrong way. Oh yeah, heís not very good either.
    He gone...

  15. #75
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,000

    Take Stallings off everybody's list.

Top