LaVar Ball to home school LaMelo

Page 2 of Even by his own standards of outlandish acts, LaVar Ball -- the father of Lakers rookie Lonzo and UCLA pledge LaMelo -- has one-upped himself. Accordin... 81 comments | 3386 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,067

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    To each their own. I love what Lavar Ball does. He made Chino Hills relevant with his three sons and the new coach going to try to come in with his 23-32 career record and change what has won there. You take the Chino Hills job you adjust to Lavar Ball. You take the Bulls job in the 90s you adjust to Jordan, he doesn't adjust to you.
    His kids made the team good. LaVar put Chino Hills on the map with his antics. I am all for acquiescing to the demands of a superstar, but the Ball family doesn't have near the cache to be making demands. I worry for the child's sake, I really do. In your scenario LaVar is the star, LaMelo is simply a prop. You don't bend over backwards for props.

    That said it is his responsibility as a father to prepare his child for adulthood. So I hope for his sake he is doing the right thing.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,609

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    If I'm the head coach, i don't adjust to anybody. You can get with the program or you can leave. I guess I'm old school though.
    Your tune changes when the $$$$$ starts rolling your way.

  3. #18
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,609

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Heard Dean Smith say that is why he got out of coaching.
    That and the fact he was a dinosaur.

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    52,826

    Looks like LaVar has a different curriculum than most schools:

    LaMelo Ball Thinks Philadelphia and Detroit Are States |

  5. #20
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    163

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Looks like LaVar has a different curriculum than most schools:

    LaMelo Ball Thinks Philadelphia and Detroit Are States |
    To be fair, a former #1 overall pick in the NFL didn’t know the sun rises in the east. And he was a QB...

  6. #21
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "the Twim Cities"...Raceland / Worthington, KY. ..i dwell on the other side of the tracks ...in black bottom.
    Posts
    38,124

    Why is "daddy dearest" even being mentioned ? Not just here, i'm talking more of espn, foxsports, cbssports, etc.. Can't people see that's exactly what this loser that's living "through" his kids instead of "for" his kids. That's just really pathetic.

  7. #22
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,687

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    Why is "daddy dearest" even being mentioned ? Not just here, i'm talking more of espn, foxsports, cbssports, etc.. Can't people see that's exactly what this loser that's living "through" his kids instead of "for" his kids. That's just really pathetic.

  8. #23
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,191

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    Why is "daddy dearest" even being mentioned ? Not just here, i'm talking more of espn, foxsports, cbssports, etc.. Can't people see that's exactly what this loser that's living "through" his kids instead of "for" his kids. That's just really pathetic.
    Explain why/how he's a loser. Thanks in advance.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,413


  10. #25
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "the Twim Cities"...Raceland / Worthington, KY. ..i dwell on the other side of the tracks ...in black bottom.
    Posts
    38,124

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Explain why/how he's a loser. Thanks in advance.
    I had explained that in my post ....living through his children. Maybe bc he wanted to be that good or something . That combined with wanting in the spotlight as much or more than the ones that it should be ....his kids. Maybe he gets a charge or ego boost from everyone talking about him, I don't know and could give a flip less. Should the latter be the case then he's made it, plenty know who he is and wish they didn't and or maybe need a good laugh at the buffoon. At any rate, too much time out of everyone's life that can never get back, including mine has been spent on him. It's really a shame, bc his boys are so talented and the first thing that anyone will think when they see / hear about them is their drama king father.
    BTW ...You're welcome, in closing.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Not sure if that's in sarcasm or not but either way .....you're welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Exactly, best post on this thread.

  11. #26
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,687

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    I had explained that in my post ....living through his children. Maybe bc he wanted to be that good or something . That combined with wanting in the spotlight as much or more than the ones that it should be ....his kids. Maybe he gets a charge or ego boost from everyone talking about him, I don't know and could give a flip less. Should the latter be the case then he's made it, plenty know who he is and wish they didn't and or maybe need a good laugh at the buffoon. At any rate, too much time out of everyone's life that can never get back, including mine has been spent on him. It's really a shame, bc his boys are so talented and the first thing that anyone will think when they see / hear about them is their drama king father.
    BTW ...You're welcome, in closing.


    Not sure if that's in sarcasm or not but either way .....you're welcome.



    Exactly, best post on this thread.


    Okay.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,813

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    Why is "daddy dearest" even being mentioned ? Not just here, i'm talking more of espn, foxsports, cbssports, etc.. Can't people see that's exactly what this loser that's living "through" his kids instead of "for" his kids. That's just really pathetic.
    I'm not a fan of the guy. But at the end of the day. He had a son who was a top 2 pick. He has 2 sons now being paid to play ball overseas. He antics as you say are giving his kids chances. His youngest son probably loves that he is already getting paid to play a sport while others his age are still in high school. He has a company now that because of his antics draws attention to him and gets his company's name out there. Which at the end of the day does appeal to the younger generation. If his company can truly take off, he and his family are even more set for life.

    Plus it doesn't seem like his antics bother his kids at all. Seems they know he loves them. So who are we to judge?

    With all that said I do wish the media would not show him as much. Because the younger generation does like him. Which would make even more younger kids feel like they can say what they want when they want. The main antics imo that are a problem is when he pulled his teams off the court because of a bad call. That sets bad example.

    So give the guy less media coverage. However what he has done for his sons is not bad or a loser imo.

  13. #28
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,687

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I'm not a fan of the guy. But at the end of the day. He had a son who was a top 2 pick. He has 2 sons now being paid to play ball overseas. He antics as you say are giving his kids chances. His youngest son probably loves that he is already getting paid to play a sport while others his age are still in high school. He has a company now that because of his antics draws attention to him and gets his company's name out there. Which at the end of the day does appeal to the younger generation. If his company can truly take off, he and his family are even more set for life.

    Plus it doesn't seem like his antics bother his kids at all. Seems they know he loves them. So who are we to judge?

    With all that said I do wish the media would not show him as much. Because the younger generation does like him. Which would make even more younger kids feel like they can say what they want when they want. The main antics imo that are a problem is when he pulled his teams off the court because of a bad call. That sets bad example.

    So give the guy less media coverage. However what he has done for his sons is not bad or a loser imo.
    Thank you!!!!!! Great post.

  14. #29
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "the Twim Cities"...Raceland / Worthington, KY. ..i dwell on the other side of the tracks ...in black bottom.
    Posts
    38,124

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I'm not a fan of the guy. But at the end of the day. He had a son who was a top 2 pick. He has 2 sons now being paid to play ball overseas. He antics as you say are giving his kids chances. His youngest son probably loves that he is already getting paid to play a sport while others his age are still in high school. He has a company now that because of his antics draws attention to him and gets his company's name out there. Which at the end of the day does appeal to the younger generation. If his company can truly take off, he and his family are even more set for life.

    Plus it doesn't seem like his antics bother his kids at all. Seems they know he loves them. So who are we to judge?

    With all that said I do wish the media would not show him as much. Because the younger generation does like him. Which would make even more younger kids feel like they can say what they want when they want. The main antics imo that are a problem is when he pulled his teams off the court because of a bad call. That sets bad example.

    So give the guy less media coverage. However what he has done for his sons is not bad or a loser imo.
    I respect your and others opinions, I just disagree. All I see is a man that wants to make a fortune out of his son's talent. What attention that he is drawing and practically all I have heard from various commentators was negative to say it mildly. When an NCAA basketball coach turns down Ball's son bc he didn't want the distraction and drama the parent brings with it then there's a problem. These are just my opinions as you and others have theirs. That's fine and I respect that and have no problem. After all, I'm sure that we've all heard the comparison of opinions are like a certain body part ....we all have one . I just think that the ol' blowhard , wannabe famous , L. Ball is wanting to be way more important than he is. He should really just shut up and let his son's talents speak and the attention / praise go to where it belongs ....his boys.

  15. #30
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,191

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    I had explained that in my post ....living through his children. Maybe bc he wanted to be that good or something . That combined with wanting in the spotlight as much or more than the ones that it should be ....his kids. Maybe he gets a charge or ego boost from everyone talking about him, I don't know and could give a flip less. Should the latter be the case then he's made it, plenty know who he is and wish they didn't and or maybe need a good laugh at the buffoon. At any rate, too much time out of everyone's life that can never get back, including mine has been spent on him. It's really a shame, bc his boys are so talented and the first thing that anyone will think when they see / hear about them is their drama king father.
    BTW ...You're welcome, in closing.
    I don't agree with some of his tactics, but calling him a loser, there's some other context there. He's doing what he thinks is best for his kids, who are all playing professional basketball. If that makes him a loser, there are a lot of losers, including in this thread.

Top