Kentucky Lands 2019 5 Star DJ Jeffries

  1. #1
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Kentucky Lands 2019 5 Star DJ Jeffries

    Surprised we didn't have a thread on this yet....

    Kentucky picked up it's first commit of the 2019 class last night when 6'8" 5 star F DJ Jeffries announced his commitment.

    There are rumblings of a possible reclassification to 2018 for Jeffries, but the bigger news is he's an AAU teammate, and good friend, of superstar 2019 big man James Wiseman and a member of the elite AAU team that is coached by Penny Hardaway.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    51,294

    I am pretty sure that Jeffries is just a 4 star, but I'm still please. Especially if it helps us in the running for Wiseman.

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    51,294

    Rumors floating around out there that Penny becomes a UK asst?

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Jeffries is just a 4 star, but I'm still please. Especially if it helps us in the running for Wiseman.
    Depends on the service....ESPN has him as a 5 star, 247 has him as #26 overall, so the very top 4 star.

  5. #5
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Rumors floating around out there that Penny becomes a UK asst?
    I've seen that as well. Could potentially happen if Memphis ends up sticking with Tubby.

  6. #6
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    51,294

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Depends on the service....ESPN has him as a 5 star, 247 has him as #26 overall, so the very top 4 star.
    Gotcha, everything I had been seeing yesterday and when I double checked this morning had him at 4*. I didn't see ESPN. Either way, still a good get especially if it leads to his buddy.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Kentucky Basketball > Every Program Ever
    Posts
    11,406

    Good start for the Wildcats.

  8. #8
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,398

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Surprised we didn't have a thread on this yet....

    Kentucky picked up it's first commit of the 2019 class last night when 6'8" 5 star F DJ Jeffries announced his commitment.

    There are rumblings of a possible reclassification to 2018 for Jeffries, but the bigger news is he's an AAU teammate, and good friend, of superstar 2019 big man James Wiseman and a member of the elite AAU team that is coached by Penny Hardaway.
    Listened to interview with his dad, who said he will not reclassify.

    Interesting side note, Dad told story of getting on an elevator and Tubby not knowing who he (the dad) was. Dad introduced himself to Tubby, who became very interested very quickly. Funny story.

    DJ Jeffries is a cousin to Dedrick and KJ Lawson (former Memphis players who transferred to Kansas when Tubby demoted their dad from an asst. coach to a staff position to make room for Saul).

  9. #9
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,398

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Rumors floating around out there that Penny becomes a UK asst?
    There is no one in Memphis that doesn't believe Penny will be the next coach of the Tigers.

Top