Kentucky 91 San Lorenzo de Almagro 68

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    14,691

    Kentucky 91 San Lorenzo de Almagro 68

    Final. Cats were led by Tyler Herro with 22 points on 7-10 from the floor.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    San Lorenzo was favored by 9 points in Vegas.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,400

    The box score I saw said EJ Montgomery only played a few seconds. Is that correct? I didn't take notice during the game and didn't see him injured or anything like that.

  4. #4
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,834

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    The box score I saw said EJ Montgomery only played a few seconds. Is that correct? I didn't take notice during the game and didn't see him injured or anything like that.
    The game was already started when I turned it on with scores in single digits but I never saw him play a single second.

  5. #5
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,894

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    The box score I saw said EJ Montgomery only played a few seconds. Is that correct? I didn't take notice during the game and didn't see him injured or anything like that.
    Back spasms

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,400

    Ah got it, hopefully that's not a lingering issue for him. Seems like some big guys really struggle with back problems.

  7. #7
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Some will try to spin this as nothing special, but this was a dominating win over the three-time champions of Argentina's top-level league for a team that doesn't even know how to play yet.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    445

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Some will try to spin this as nothing special, but this was a dominating win over the three-time champions of Argentina's top-level league for a team that doesn't even know how to play yet.
    It's not as significant when you understand that the three time champions were not playing with their core players. Also their last game was in June.

    UK played extremely well however and was much more comfortable tonight. This team has all the talent to win a national championship without question.

  9. #9
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by catfan09 View Post
    It's not as significant when you understand that the three time champions were not playing with their core players. Also their last game was in June.

    UK played extremely well however and was much more comfortable tonight. This team has all the talent to win a national championship without question.
    San Lorenzo played their best players and while they weren't in season form, they are still long time professional players. This is an impressive performance. Kentucky is loaded.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    445

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    San Lorenzo played their best players and while they weren't in season form, they are still long time professional players. This is an impressive performance. Kentucky is loaded.
    Three of their top players did not play. UK is loaded though, correct.

  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by catfan09 View Post
    Three of their top players did not play. UK is loaded though, correct.
    Which three?

  12. #12
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ...by the river in booger bottom.
    Posts
    38,433

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    San Lorenzo played their best players and while they weren't in season form, they are still long time professional players. This is an impressive performance. Kentucky is loaded.
    Should they learn to defend then imo this can be a really special team / season. Of course, time will tell. We all have said, heard that before with other teams. Certainly, the potential is there.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    445

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Which three?
    Gabriel Deck
    Javier Justiz
    Selem Safar

    Deck is their best player. They did have about half their rotational guys playing tonight.. Tucker is a nice player for them.

  14. #14
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by catfan09 View Post
    Gabriel Deck
    Javier Justiz
    Selem Safar

    Deck is their best player. They did have about half their rotational guys playing tonight.. Tucker is a nice player for them.
    This is their official roster:

    Name:  2vtb4aw.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  162.0 KB

  15. #15
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ...by the river in booger bottom.
    Posts
    38,433

    Tonight, what I got to see of it due to the power out, was a complete turnaround from last nights game. U.K. stepped it up vs. a much better opponent. Thankfully the shooting was much better tonight. I was really impressed by the play of Richards, Washington and Herro. Those three imo may be the leaders of this team. Q. Green can step in and be a big factor as well.

    I saw the interview with coach Barbaree tonight where he said with just the 10 extra practices that "they hadn't worked much on defense.... and it shows". I guess that explains my main concern.

Top