Kentucky 80 Florida 61

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,841

    Kentucky 80 Florida 61

    Final
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,951

    Ullis is always going to do his thing. However this is why I still think this team can make a run. Murray has the ability to take over games. If he can learn to be more consistent by tournament time, he and Ullis guard play can take them far if the other players just do their roles.

    Let's remember people the NCAA tournament is not on a road court. It's a neutral court, which ends up being like a home game with how well our fans travel. This team may suck on the road but they don't suck at home or neutral sites.

  3. #3
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,567

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Ullis is always going to do his thing. However this is why I still think this team can make a run. Murray has the ability to take over games. If he can learn to be more consistent by tournament time, he and Ullis guard play can take them far if the other players just do their roles. Let's remember people the NCAA tournament is not on a road court. It's a neutral court, which ends up being like a home game with how well our fans travel. This team may suck on the road but they don't suck at home or neutral sites.
    The Ohio State game says different.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,841

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    The Ohio State game says different.
    True but overall Cats are 2-1 on Neutral courts while one was over a poor South Florida team but the other one was over Duke. But the way this team has played they could do really well on neutral court or they could lose in 2nd round tough team to figure out.

  5. #5
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Kentucky is on the path to a great ending to the season. They have been trending upward for a little over 3 weeks now and still a ways to go until they reach their ceiling. They have a chance.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,951

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    The Ohio State game says different.
    Very true, I guess we will see...

  7. #7
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Humphries played well today, looks like he may deserve more PT.

  8. #8
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    I have spent time criticizing Murray on here for forcing things when they weren't there, taking bad shots, etc., etc.. Today Murray was fantastic. He imo didn't take a bunch of rushed, bad shots rather he got himself in the right position and was squared up, ready to shoot when they kicked the ball to him. Murray also drove the ball when it was there and let plays come to him.
    Ulis is and always will be Ulis, imo the best pg in America by far. I know the commentators rave about the guy at Maryland as well as the Providence point guard and they both are good. Ulis is so much better, more valuable than any, jmo.
    I was disappointed that the Cats let another big lead slip but this time they stopped the Gators 2nd half run and won the game easily.
    Overall good effort by all, am still looking for Skal to break out.....hopefully.
    Obviously, this U.K. team needs to get more consistent and I still believe that they will be a better team come SEC / NCAA tournaments. Should everything all come together consistently then the Cats can make a run, the best thing in our favor is imo there is not one or two "Dominate" teams. Several are really good but no one that is so far above everyone that are a clear favorite.
    An imo extremely well coached UGA team comes in on Tuesday, they seem to always play the Cats tough.

  9. #9
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,861

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Kentucky is on the path to a great ending to the season. They have been trending upward for a little over 3 weeks now and still a ways to go until they reach their ceiling. They have a chance.
    If Murray is hot, they go far.

  10. #10
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    This never ceases to make me laugh .... a big win and lucky to have one, maybe part of a second page on the game final thread. A terrible loss and it's God only knows ...multiple pages is a given.

  11. #11
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    31,068

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    This never ceases to make me laugh .... a big win and lucky to have one, maybe part of a second page on the game final thread. A terrible loss and it's God only knows ...multiple pages is a given.
    To a lot of people, it's more fun to commiserate than than to celebrate. Also, when you are supposed to be the top dog, a win is expected and not something you celebrate.

    Succeed and Proceed.

  12. #12
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,022

    Keep using the bench Coach Cal. An always steady Ulis and let's get Murray's family to every game too! Kid was on fire.

  13. #13
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,915

    Didn't watch the game until Sunday morning but I like what I saw.

    These guys performance seems to be a bit of a roller coaster from time to time.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,991

    The solid play by Humphries should convince Cal more than ever that he needs to use more parts this year. This team is going to require more coaching from Cal than ever. He is going to have to use the players on the bench and piece together wins with the right matchups. Cal is not going to be able to roll his seven first round picks out there and sub in for rest only.

Top