Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

Page 8 of Final. The Cats were in control most of the game but have to play much better Sunday or Wichita will send the Cats home as they did them in 2014. Adver... 190 comments | 4828 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    47,840

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    If those 5 guys were playing at UK they would be in the CBI and Cal would be in the history books with Billy G. Everyone needs to slow their roll a little here.
    Holland is the only one that could and he would be just be stealing minutes from DHawk...maybe.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,460

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    If those 5 guys were playing at UK they would be in the CBI and Cal would be in the history books with Billy G. Everyone needs to slow their roll a little here.
    I understand what you're saying. My point is that there is a reason that Feldhaus, Pelphrey and Farmers jersey's is hanging in the rafters and most of these one and dones will never.

  3. #108
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    69,267

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    I understand what you're saying. My point is that there is a reason that Feldhaus, Pelphrey and Farmers jersey's is hanging in the rafters and most of these one and dones will never.
    Other than Lofton who has UK missed out on that has been a star at the college level that is in state in the last 10 years? The state has to have good players. UK has two instate guys playing huge minutes. What more do you want? The game isn't the same as it was back then and never will be.

  4. #109
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,460

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Other than Lofton who has UK missed out on that has been a star at the college level that is in state in the last 10 years? The state has to have good players. UK has two instate guys playing huge minutes. What more do you want? The game isn't the same as it was back then and never will be.
    Chill. It was simply an observation that those NKU guys remind me of those UK guys whose jerseys are hanging in Rupp. Nothing more or less.

  5. #110
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,176

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    I would have 100% agreed with this statement if you made it 12 months ago. Today, I disagree completely. The career and program changing decision Drew made to completely change physically is obvious to every Norse fan. Fantastic year resulted. If Drew continues on his program, the next two years are going to be pretty exciting.
    Drew is fine he's a good player but UK won the game because of Bam only. If UK doesn't have Bam and has to play Isaac last night, very good chance NKU is playing Sunday.

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,396

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    I understand what you're saying. My point is that there is a reason that Feldhaus, Pelphrey and Farmers jersey's is hanging in the rafters and most of these one and dones will never.
    They are up there because of the era. Post probation. Stuck with the program. Played with heart. Had a big helper named Jamal Mashburn that made their efforts win games.

  7. #112
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,460

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    They are up there because of the era. Post probation. Stuck with the program. Played with heart. Had a big helper named Jamal Mashburn that made their efforts win games.
    Ok.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,396

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Drew is fine he's a good player but UK won the game because of Bam only. If UK doesn't have Bam and has to play Isaac last night, very good chance NKU is playing Sunday.
    Isaac was out of his game style last nite and that's why he only played two minutes.

  9. #114
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,176

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Isaac was out of his game style last nite and that's why he only played two minutes.
    Isaac provides nothing more than height, again without Bam, I don't think UK wins.

  10. #115
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    69,267

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    Chill. It was simply an observation that those NKU guys remind me of those UK guys whose jerseys are hanging in Rupp. Nothing more or less.
    I'm chill Not really directed at you, but people keep saying that and never point out the guys they "missed". It's because there aren't many.

  11. #116
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Single White Male , 54, Desperately seeking a time machine to return me to the 70's.
    Posts
    5,641

    Quote Originally Posted by rookie57 View Post
    We have 1 player on this team that gives everything he has every minute, hawkins.

    One of several reasons that I am so apathetic about this team. Easily one of my least favorite UK teams in my lifetime. This was the first time in my lifetime that I was rooting for UK's opponent to win. The Norse showed a lot of grit. They may very well make a repeat apperance next year.

  12. #117
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,460

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I'm chill Not really directed at you, but people keep saying that and never point out the guys they "missed". It's because there aren't many.
    Understand.

  13. #118
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,176

    Cal seems to be blaming the sluggish game on the tip time.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    2,658

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Cal seems to be blaming the sluggish game on the tip time.
    Would you expect anything else?

  15. #120
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,841

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Adding a 7 footer, right?
    6'10 kid from Graves County last name Voght I believe.

Top