Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

Page 12 of Final. The Cats were in control most of the game but have to play much better Sunday or Wichita will send the Cats home as they did them in 2014. Adver... 190 comments | 4875 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #166
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    47,854

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Neltner, Langhi and the kid thay played PG for LSU.
    Neltner averaged 5.9 points and 4.2 rebounds for his collegiate career. Not sure UK missed out on him.
    Advertisement

  2. #167
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,559

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Other than Lofton who has UK missed out on that has been a star at the college level that is in state in the last 10 years? The state has to have good players. UK has two instate guys playing huge minutes. What more do you want? The game isn't the same as it was back then and never will be.
    Maybe Shelvin Mack or Quentin Snyder?

  3. #168
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,576

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You don't even know what you're talking about. You really don't. The most advanced teams run concepts not set plays. Set plays are for coaches who a)have less talented players than the opposition or b)they have a small breadth of knowledge of the offensive side of basketball. I suppose Phil Jackson doesn't know anything about running an offense either. Ever heard of the Triangle offense. Those aren't "plays" their concepts based on spacing and identifying weaknesses in the defense. But just keep talking about how Cal doesn't run offenses when clearly you just don't know what offense is supposed to look like when run at a high level.
    This x1000

  4. #169
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    69,280

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Maybe Shelvin Mack or Quentin Snyder?
    Yeah those are decent ones. The list is small.

  5. #170
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    48,953

    I haven't seen anyone named yet that I think has changed the course of UK basketball. Lofton is the only one. Elijah Pittman had UK talent but too much other stuff along with it.

  6. #171

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    You're missing the point: This is NKU we're talking about here, not Wisconsin.
    What does Wisconsin have to do with it? My point is with the lackedasical way UK was playing if NKU had shot anywhere near their season average on their shots THEY WOULD HAVE WON. They didn't and they lost. Haven't you ever seen a 15 beat a 3, well it could have happened here. That's all I'm saying.

  7. #172

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    1,113

    Quote Originally Posted by FRONT OF THE RIM View Post
    What does Wisconsin have to do with it? My point is with the lackedasical way UK was playing if NKU had shot anywhere near their season average on their shots THEY WOULD HAVE WON. They didn't and they lost. Haven't you ever seen a 15 beat a 3, well it could have happened here. That's all I'm saying.
    Sorry. No. Not NKU. Not this season.

  8. #173
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    47,854

    Quote Originally Posted by FRONT OF THE RIM View Post
    What does Wisconsin have to do with it? My point is with the lackedasical way UK was playing if NKU had shot anywhere near their season average on their shots THEY WOULD HAVE WON. They didn't and they lost. Haven't you ever seen a 15 beat a 3, well it could have happened here. That's all I'm saying.
    If a guy like Monk shot anwhere near his season average? Hes good.for making 40% of those threes and about 3 a game. If ya wanna make that arguement, you gotta make it both ways.

  9. #174
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,559

    Quote Originally Posted by FRONT OF THE RIM View Post
    What does Wisconsin have to do with it? My point is with the lackedasical way UK was playing if NKU had shot anywhere near their season average on their shots THEY WOULD HAVE WON. They didn't and they lost. Haven't you ever seen a 15 beat a 3, well it could have happened here. That's all I'm saying.
    When is the last time a 15 seed played a 3 seed?

  10. #175

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    2,464

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    When is the last time a 15 seed played a 3 seed?
    Not sure if it ever happened. Could not matchup until 15 and 3 had both won two games. 15 would have to beat a 2 seed which has happened only 8 times in 33 years through this year, then would have to win a second game against a 7/10 seed winner. Need so deep research to see if this has ever happened.

  11. #176
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,914

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    When is the last time a 15 seed played a 3 seed?
    Florida Gulf Coast vs. Florida a few years back in the Sweet 16.

    FGCU beat #2 seed Georgetown, and then #7 seed San Diego State.

  12. #177

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    When is the last time a 15 seed played a 3 seed?
    I'm glad to know you have never mis-typed anything. Thanks very much for pointing this out.

  13. #178

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    If a guy like Monk shot anwhere near his season average? Hes good.for making 40% of those threes and about 3 a game. If ya wanna make that arguement, you gotta make it both ways.
    No you don't. For a major upset the favorite has to play poorly, which UK certainly did, and the big underdog has to play above their usual game. My point is half the formula was there, but NKU couldn't make shots they usually make. If they had, they win. Period. It just didn't happen, but certainly could have.

  14. #179
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    47,854

    Quote Originally Posted by FRONT OF THE RIM View Post
    No you don't. For a major upset the favorite has to play poorly, which UK certainly did, and the big underdog has to play above their usual game. My point is half the formula was there, but NKU couldn't make shots they usually make. If they had, they win. Period. It just didn't happen, but certainly could have.
    And they certainly could have gotten blown out if one of the best players on another team played anywhere near what he's capable.

    I'm just saying if you wanna do "ifs and buts", don't forget it works both ways.

  15. #180

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    And they certainly could have gotten blown out if one of the best players on another team played anywhere near what he's capable.

    I'm just saying if you wanna do "ifs and buts", don't forget it works both ways.
    Yes they could have gotten blown out. I'm not denying that. Of course it works both ways. I'm saying Monk DIDN'T play welll, and IF NKU had shot their usual percentage then they could have won. Is this concept so hard to understand?

Top