Kentucky 77 Tennessee State 62

Page 2 of Final.... 27 comments | 1625 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Proof that what I say is wrong?
    How many times has he lost in the first or 2nd round at Kentucky? Feel free to use google and lookup Kentuckys defensive efficiency in past years. Some pretty good ones.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,262

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I refuse to believe you really believe what you are typing.
    My guess is he doesn't. Just trying to get under the skin of UK fans. The ol' Huckleberry-In-The Saddle Syndrome.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    1,661

    Feel free to Goggle National Cships under Cal while at UK with the best talent in the nation practically every year.....I’m assuming the reason he is here at Ky is to hang banners? Not happening because he is running up his personal wins with cupcakes and using his time running an NBA D League....play to win for Ky basketball!!

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,333

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    I haven’t seen the excellent play later in the season? Excellent enough to get knocked out of tourney in first or second round play....Cal needs to move on or go home so Ky basketball can regain hard defensive play and toughness they have had in the pre Cal era....this team is destined for failure and it’s Cal’s fault! No excuses please!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Proof that what I say is wrong?
    2010 elite 8
    2011 final four
    2012 national champs
    2013 NIT
    2014 National runner ups
    2015 final four
    2016 second round
    2017 elite 8
    2018 sweet 16.

    Hmmm there you go just proved you wrong. They have only been knocked out in the first or second round once since he has been here. 2013 they didnt make it. Every other year they were playing their best entering the tournament and have avoided besides one year any of those first or second round losses we see these other teams have.

    As for defense in 9 years here. Cal has had UK defense in the top 35 of the country 5 of those 9 years. UK has been 1st, 9th, 10th, 27th, and 34th in those years. Which if you then go look at how they compare defensively since Cal has been here to the other top basketball programs in the country. UK on average has been consistently ahead of those teams to. Doing that while basically restarting every single season with new rosters.

    It's ok if you dont like Cal. Sometimes people just dont like someone. But please dont present your opinions as they are facts, when there are facts that show your opinion is not correct.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,333

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Feel free to Goggle National Cships under Cal while at UK with the best talent in the nation practically every year.....I’m assuming the reason he is here at Ky is to hang banners? Not happening because he is running up his personal wins with cupcakes and using his time running an NBA D League....play to win for Ky basketball!!
    So basically you think they should hire a high school coach from Ky if you say play to win for Ky basketball. Thanks makes perfect sense. Almost like the posters who use to say they need more Ky kids to win.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,333

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    My guess is he doesn't. Just trying to get under the skin of UK fans. The ol' Huckleberry-In-The Saddle Syndrome.
    Yet every year he magically disappears come around February when UK starts playing its best.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,333

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Feel free to Goggle National Cships under Cal while at UK with the best talent in the nation practically every year.....I’m assuming the reason he is here at Ky is to hang banners? Not happening because he is running up his personal wins with cupcakes and using his time running an NBA D League....play to win for Ky basketball!!
    There has been only 3 seasons where he had the best talent in the country. 2010, 2012, and 2015. He won one of those and final four in another. If you want to play that game. I guess Coach K for Duke is overrated because he has consistently had a top 5 talented team in the country basically for the last 28 years. So you would have thought he would have had even more titles than he does, and not some of the first and second round losses he has had.

  8. #23
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,154

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    I havenít seen the excellent play later in the season? Excellent enough to get knocked out of tourney in first or second round play....Cal needs to move on or go home so Ky basketball can regain hard defensive play and toughness they have had in the pre Cal era....this team is destined for failure and itís Calís fault! No excuses please!
    Yeah, cause the stretch of them not making Final Fours was a great time with Tubby and Billy G.

  9. #24
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    2010 elite 8
    2011 final four
    2012 national champs
    2013 NIT
    2014 National runner ups
    2015 final four
    2016 second round
    2017 elite 8
    2018 sweet 16.

    Hmmm there you go just proved you wrong. They have only been knocked out in the first or second round once since he has been here. 2013 they didnt make it. Every other year they were playing their best entering the tournament and have avoided besides one year any of those first or second round losses we see these other teams have.

    As for defense in 9 years here. Cal has had UK defense in the top 35 of the country 5 of those 9 years. UK has been 1st, 9th, 10th, 27th, and 34th in those years. Which if you then go look at how they compare defensively since Cal has been here to the other top basketball programs in the country. UK on average has been consistently ahead of those teams to. Doing that while basically restarting every single season with new rosters.

    It's ok if you dont like Cal. Sometimes people just dont like someone. But please dont present your opinions as they are facts, when there are facts that show your opinion is not correct.
    I was giving him a chance to come up with it on his own, but since we all know what he is doing he didn't.

  10. #25
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,239

    Just to add to the argument, which I sure will get overlooked anyway, since facts are optional apparently:

    SEC All-Defensive Team

    2010 - Patrick Paterson
    2012 - Anthony Davis
    2012 - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    2013 - Nerlens Noel
    2014 - Willie Cauley-Stein
    2015 - Willie Cauley-Stein
    2016 - Tyler Ulis

    SEC Defensive Player of the Year

    2012 - Anthony Davis
    2013 - Nerlens Noel
    2015 - Willie Cauley Stein
    2016 - Tyler Ulis

    National Defensive Player of the Year (NABC)

    2012 - Anthony Davis
    2015 - Willie Cauley-Stein

  11. #26
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    2010 elite 8
    2011 final four
    2012 national champs
    2013 NIT
    2014 National runner ups
    2015 final four
    2016 second round
    2017 elite 8
    2018 sweet 16.

    Hmmm there you go just proved you wrong. They have only been knocked out in the first or second round once since he has been here. 2013 they didnt make it. Every other year they were playing their best entering the tournament and have avoided besides one year any of those first or second round losses we see these other teams have.

    As for defense in 9 years here. Cal has had UK defense in the top 35 of the country 5 of those 9 years. UK has been 1st, 9th, 10th, 27th, and 34th in those years. Which if you then go look at how they compare defensively since Cal has been here to the other top basketball programs in the country. UK on average has been consistently ahead of those teams to. Doing that while basically restarting every single season with new rosters.

    It's ok if you dont like Cal. Sometimes people just dont like someone. But please dont present your opinions as they are facts, when there are facts that show your opinion is not correct.
    Cat got your tongue? @nikeman49

  12. #27
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Still nothing? @nikeman49 Thought so...

  13. #28
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,752

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    I haven’t seen the excellent play later in the season? Excellent enough to get knocked out of tourney in first or second round play....Cal needs to move on or go home so Ky basketball can regain hard defensive play and toughness they have had in the pre Cal era....this team is destined for failure and it’s Cal’s fault! No excuses please!
    1st round?

Top