Kentucky 74 Vanderbilt 67

Page 4 of Final another road win for the young Cats. Looked tougher down the stretch today than against A&M. Except for last :30 seconds that was terrible.... 56 comments | 1135 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,942

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    This team needs Nick Richards to produce more. 17 minutes a game won't cut it. He is reminding me more and more of Skal Labissiere with his soft game and he can't defend without fouling.
    This team needs Vanderbilt, and I think we’re going to see him in action in the very near future, maybe by next weekend. He may not play many minutes to begin with but what few he can give will be a plus.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,180

    I was pleased with the win yesterday. Felt the "toughness" factor has gone up some.

  3. #48
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Ky should beat Vandy 10 out of 10 times......worst team in SEC.....not much to get excited about
    7 scholarship players on the road. It's a great win

  4. #49
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,675

    Any road win is a good win and with the trouble that the Cats have had playing in Memorial Gymnasium thru the years then this was a really good win.
    My man Gabriel led the team in rebounds again w/ 9, along with Washington's 8 reb., led the team in out rebounding Vandy. Gabriel also made some key "hustle" plays in this one. G-Alexander keeps looking good every time out, 22 pts and leading the team again. Knox finally drove to the basket some instead of standing around and shooting from outside.
    I liked how these Cats got out on their shooters and defended the three. That's where Vandy could've really hurt U.K.. Vandy thrives off shooting the 3, hit only 6 of 25 against Kentucky. They were only 1 of 11 in the first half so for all practical purposes we shut that down. On the negative side on defense, I'm not sure how many lay ups that Vandy shot but it seemed like a lot. These guys (UK) are not stopping the ball, letting drives to the basket go w/o contesting. I would guess that's one area where Cal keeps on them about getting tough.
    This team keeps working, learning and nothing but good can come from that. ...We're o.k. and on schedule imo.

  5. #50
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,675

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    This team needs Vanderbilt, and I think we’re going to see him in action in the very near future, maybe by next weekend. He may not play many minutes to begin with but what few he can give will be a plus.
    I'm looking forward to having him on the floor.

  6. #51
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    20,779

    Besides Gainesville FL, Vanderbilt is like the toughest place to go play and win, especially for UK. It wasn't pretty but it was a W. Take it and move on to the next opponent.

    Kentucky at West Virginia should be a fun one.

  7. #52
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,180

    Listening to KSR this morning, I still can't believe LaChance missed all three of those free throws.

  8. #53
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Besides Gainesville FL, Vanderbilt is like the toughest place to go play and win, especially for UK. It wasn't pretty but it was a W. Take it and move on to the next opponent.

    Kentucky at West Virginia should be a fun one.
    South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M are all the toughest places to play in the SEC when Kentucky comes to town.

  9. #54
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,942

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M are all the toughest places to play in the SEC when Kentucky comes to town.
    That about covers it, lol. T-shirt business is good on those days.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,331

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    So you think there is no chance they beat WVU?
    Not unless Cal has learned how to attack their 1-3-1 zone.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,353

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Not unless Cal has learned how to attack their 1-3-1 zone.
    Well he has beaten them twice in the tourney since 2010 so I’d say he’s done that.

  12. #57
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,140

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Well he has beaten them twice in the tourney since 2010 so I’d say he’s done that.
    Good point. 78-39 seems like a fairly successful attack.

Top