Kentucky 65 Florida 54

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,218

    Kentucky 65 Florida 54

    Final great defensive effort by the Cats today.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,034

    UK going into today was a top 10 defense in the country. It showed again today.

    Great win today on the road in a very tough environment.

  3. #3
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,725

    Great to see the defense pick it up in the second half.

    I thought Baker had a great defensive game even though he never got his shot going. Keldon Johnson hit some big shots, as did Herro.

  4. #4
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,152

    Anytime they win in that gym I’m happy.

  5. #5
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,748

    Defense + Rebounding = Win.
    I was as pleased with this win as any of this season. On the road, in conference at a very tough place to get a win and this team pulled together and finished. UF was up 11pts. with around 11-12 min. to go and the Cats came back, made a big run and got the win. That was impressive. P.J. Washington with another double/double had 12 boards and 16pt. (I think, not sure) and Ty Herro really stepped up with 19 pts. I also liked the fact that Johnson, who was having a bad day .. kept playing hard and shooting and got a couple of big shots to fall.
    To go into alligator alley, be down by double digits and get a win … it's a great day to be a Wildcat.

  6. #6
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,748

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Anytime they win in that gym I’m happy.
    Get the W. Get out of town before they change the score.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,034

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Great to see the defense pick it up in the second half.

    I thought Baker had a great defensive game even though he never got his shot going. Keldon Johnson hit some big shots, as did Herro.
    Agreed Baker came up huge. I hope he stays and doesnt decide to transfer.

  8. #8
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,109

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    Get the W. Get out of town before they change the score.


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,034

    All the talk of coach Cal not being able to win unless he has true super stars like Duke has this year, sure had seemed to quite down.

    This team may not have true super star right away power. But it still has talent, and Cal has done a great job once again putting it together. Especially getting this team to learn how to play defense.

  10. #10
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the 2012 National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,666

    Great job CATS!!!!!

  11. #11
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,485

    The Better team won.

  12. #12
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    All the talk of coach Cal not being able to win unless he has true super stars like Duke has this year, sure had seemed to quite down.

    This team may not have true super star right away power. But it still has talent, and Cal has done a great job once again putting it together. Especially getting this team to learn how to play defense.
    I haven’t really bought into that in a while. Who was the last true “superstar” UK had? KAT? I wouldn’t consider anyone since a superstar. UK had a good run there for a while with Wall, Cousins, Davis, Towns, etc. but since KAT they have been winning with non-superstars.

  13. #13
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I haven’t really bought into that in a while. Who was the last true “superstar” UK had? KAT? I wouldn’t consider anyone since a superstar. UK had a good run there for a while with Wall, Cousins, Davis, Towns, etc. but since KAT they have been winning with non-superstars.
    Wasn't Malik Monk a 2nd team all-American? That's pretty elite.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,705

    Was frustrating to watch the first 30 minutes but then the CATS found their stride. Now 5-5 in Gainesville under Cal, shows how hard it is to win there.

  15. #15
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,548

    Where are the Cal haters? This team has evolved so much from the first of the year. They do as a good job of anybody of exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing team’s defense.

Top