John Higgins is suing KSR

Page 2 of Exclusive: Referee Higgins files lawsuit against Kentucky-based media company over fan threats – The Athletic... 57 comments | 2209 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Just waiting for some UK fan to counter-sue Higgins for causing emotional distress by his actions.

    Hope Higgins case does not go to a jury..........................might be hard to find 12 Louisville fans anymore.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,565

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Exactly. No chance he could claim he’s impartial while he’s suing the major website of the fan base.
    Agree 100%

  3. #18
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,818

    There's no way John Higgins is winning this lawsuit. KSR can't be held responsible for the actions of idiots. This will help KSR grow and cause people to treat Higgins even worse. Is he also suing the phone book for publishing his number publicly? Come on man.

  4. #19
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,544

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    I really can't see much coming from this. To my knowledge KSR never asked anyone to call the business or to threaten anyone. Anyone can sue anyone, winning the lawsuit is another story. From the article it was another website that posted the contact information for Higgins company, shouldn't they be the main focus of the lawsuit rather than KSR?

    Just to add a disclaimer, I'm not a Matt Jones fan at all. I just don't see much substance to this lawsuit.
    Might be the first full lawsuit I've ever read. I am certainly not a lawyer, but I think Higgins is going to have a pretty hard time winning this. I'd be intrigued to hear @Getslow's take on the whole thing.

    KSR always continuously stated that fans should not contact Higgins business, whether by phone or Facebook page, which the lawsuit even states. However KSR turned around and made fun of posts BBN wa posting, which the lawsuit claims was KSR enticing. There is a little more to it but thats the jist.

    Idk, I feel like KSR won't give in to let this go away and my prediction is that a judge throws it out.

  5. #20
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,544

    Higgins issues should be with the idiotic members of the BBN, but can't go after them, so him and his lawyers go after a bigger target.

  6. #21
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,544

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    There's no way John Higgins is winning this lawsuit. KSR can't be held responsible for the actions of idiots. This will help KSR grow and cause people to treat Higgins even worse. Is he also suing the phone book for publishing his number publicly? Come on man.
    Lots of free publicity for KSR as all those that want to see it fall on its face(e.g. Pat Forde) are quick to post Dana O'Neil's article. Also others like Seth Davis.

    I am sure this will carry on for a little while.

  7. #22
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    7,606

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Might be the first full lawsuit I've ever read. I am certainly not a lawyer, but I think Higgins is going to have a pretty hard time winning this. I'd be intrigued to hear @Getslow's take on the whole thing.

    KSR always continuously stated that fans should not contact Higgins business, whether by phone or Facebook page, which the lawsuit even states. However KSR turned around and made fun of posts BBN wa posting, which the lawsuit claims was KSR enticing. There is a little more to it but thats the jist.

    Idk, I feel like KSR won't give in to let this go away and my prediction is that a judge throws it out.
    It will get tossed. Higgins should have just let it die, now he is bringing negative attention back upon something that most everyone had forgotten about. He would have about as much of a chance in winning a lawsuit against UK because some of their fans acted like idiots as he will with this one against KSR. Like I mentioned before, anyone can sue anyone.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,022

    One can only hope Matt Jones loses it all.

  9. #24
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    600

    No chance Higgins wins this case, as a current pre-law student I can’t believe they’re even attempting this. It’s very far fetched and would be shocked if it even goes to trial.

  10. #25
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,643

    This isn't even a real lawsuit. If it had any chance most websites including this one should be worried.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,357

    At the very least, this probably means Higgins won't be assigned UK games anymore.

  12. #27
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,734

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    One can only hope Matt Jones loses it all.
    I see this comment by folks from time to time. I'll admit I'm nothing more than an occasional summertime KSR listener (I teach school and am not available most of the year) and I do watch his show a couple times per week. Why are people in Kentucky so adamantly against him? He seems like an ultimate fan goober who found a way to make money from it. I'm not sure where the angst over him comes from.

    (Obviously if you are not a Kentucky fan I can see why you wouldn't like him but I'm asking more on behalf of Kentucky folks)

  13. #28
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,781

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I see this comment by folks from time to time. I'll admit I'm nothing more than an occasional summertime KSR listener (I teach school and am not available most of the year) and I do watch his show a couple times per week. Why are people in Kentucky so adamantly against him? He seems like an ultimate fan goober who found a way to make money from it. I'm not sure where the angst over him comes from.

    (Obviously if you are not a Kentucky fan I can see why you wouldn't like him but I'm asking more on behalf of Kentucky folks)
    Some can't get past his politics, I disagree with almost all of his politics but the UK and current events stuff is the entertainment for me.

  14. #29
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    600

    I'm honestly jealous of Matt Jones, IMO he has the best job possible for a life long UK fan. It's also not like he's doing this because he can't do anything else, the guy has a Law Degree from Duke. I do wish he'd keep his political stuff to himself but you can't dislike the guy because of politics.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    108

    If you dislike someone because of his political views than you need to look at life a little different.

Top